main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I Will Be Waiting For You - A Padmé Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Queen_Sara, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Reposting this on the new board and changing the title......

I was suddenly inspired to write this vignette while I had writer's block, and after I read a love letter I wrote.

Padmé writes a letter to Anakin on her deathbed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Dearest Ani,

Today is the saddest day of my life. Today is the day I left my baby, Leia, in the care of my friend Bail Organa.

Do you know why I had to leave her there? Or why I had to leave Luke with Owen and Beru? Because of you, Anakin. You turned to the darkside and left me. I must hide our children from you, their father. You or Palpatine would try to kill them, or worse, turn them to the darkside if you ever found them. I could not bear our children to be used for evil.

They are beautiful. Luke has golden hair and blue eyes, with your childlike wonder, and my calm determination. Leia has dark, chestnut hair, and eyes of the same colour. She has my diplomatic, peaceful nature, mixed with your fire and stubbornness. They would have been a joy to raise.

You cannot imagine how my heart has been torn to pieces, first with your leaving, then giving them up. I feel as if my heart has been ripped from my chest, and held, still beating, before my eyes. The pain is more intense than any I have ever known.

Why, Ani? Why did you leave me? I thought you loved me. Were you lying to me? Capturing my heart, only to tear it asunder? Was it all just a ploy? Or do you love the darkside more than me? Is your precious power and domination more important than your wife?

We would have had a perfect life. Together with our two children, and maybe more after time. We could have lived on Naboo once you were Knighted, in a beautiful, secluded spot, with mountains and lakes and waterfalls. Our children could have grown up in a perfect place, with two loving parents. We could have had picnics in the meadows, like that wonderful day, more than two years ago. We could have swum in the lakes, watched the sunsets, held each other for eternity.

But it is not to be. Oh, how I miss you. How I wish for one more touch, one more caress, one more gentle kiss. I miss being held in your strong arms, feeling safe and content wrapped in them. I miss the way you caressed my face and stroked my hair, your rough hands ever soft on my skin. I miss your voice as you whispered your love to me; told me we would always be together. I miss your eyes, so full of emotion, all there for me to see. Only me. You wouldn?t show emotion to others, but you would pour your heart out to me. I loved you for that. I miss all the times we were together, deeply and perfectly in love.

But most of all I miss your delicate kisses. The way your soft lips brushed mine, sliding slowly across, sending shivers up my spine. The way we would have never stopped, if only we didn?t have to breathe.

I am weak. Trying to hide while being pregnant is not healthy. The babies will grow up strong, but the birth took so much of my strength that I feel as if I can barely hold on. There is not much life left in me. The fatigue is beginning to overpower me; I can barely hold the pen to write this.

They will never know me, Ani. Our children will never know their mother. They will be mothered and fathered by others, not us the way they should have been. They will never be our children again. They now belong to others, and will never know who I am. They will grow, never having any knowledge of the woman who carried them and gave birth to them! How can you do that to me, Anakin? How can you take my life away from me? I only pray that someday they will be able to make you into the man you once were. The kind, caring man, who loved every little thing. Someday, love, I can feel it. They will bring you back.

My life is coming to an end, my love. I cannot stay here much longer. Soon I will have joined the Jedi you killed in the Force.

But I must not think of the man you are now, only the man you once were. I am smiling now, reliving the memories. The happy times we spent together.

2. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    So sad! Very touching.

3. Future

Future Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    :_|
    Beautifully sad!
    :_|

4. jedi_elen22

jedi_elen22 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2003
    it is soo sad!*sobs* :_|

5. Cammi_Kenobi

Cammi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    That was so sad!!! :_| It was sad but it was very good all the same.

6. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Uppity?

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

7. PadawanEmily

PadawanEmily Jedi Master star 8

Oct 18, 2003
    holy crap..i'm actually crying from it..it is good...

8. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This was simply beautiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.