main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Will Be Your Friend - Songfic (J A & Pre-TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jenn-Kenobi, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Hi, everyone!
    I posted this on a yahoo group, so some of you may have read this. But I hope everyone enjoys this little fanfic.
    ~~~~

I WILL BE YOUR FRIEND

Jenn Alexa44911@aol.com

Obi-Wan looks after an injured Qui-Gon.
    G
    No Spoilers, if so just minor ones for JA and SW. Or maybe not so minor. A few months before TPM.
    George Lucas owns Star Wars. Michael W. Smith owns the song I Will Be Your Friend and my idea for the title of this story. I am just borrowing the characters and song.

Obi-Wan Kenobi felt the hairs on his neck stand up on end. He was surrounded in complete darkness. The only serenity he had was the hum of his lightsaber. The blue, no green glow was all he could see in this blackness.

But what he heard was louder then his lightsaber. He listened. It was breathing that he heard, not human or an animal. It sounded?like some one breathing though a mask. The presence it reflected was dark. Obi-Wan couldn?t take this! He spun around. And just stared.

It was humanoid. He was tall. Taller then Master Qui-Gon no doubt. He was covered with black armor and a black helmet, with a cape flowing around him. There was a machine that helped him to breath as well.

Obi-Wan saw this in one glance. What got his attention was red lightsaber in his foe?s hand. He raised it and brought it down toward Obi-Wan?s midsection to cut him through. Obi-Wan couldn?t stop it.

SO MANY MEMORIES AND SO MANY MILES
    THE ROAD THAT STRETCHES BEHIND US
    WE?VE HAD SOME LAUGHER AND OUR SHARE OF TEARS
    BUT ALL THESE MOMENTS UNITE US

Obi-Wan awoke with a start. He was gasping for breath like it would it would be his last. He was soaked with his own sweat.

Obi-Wan was in the chair. He was in a cabin in the star ship, that he and his Master rented. His Master, Qui-Gon Jinn was sleeping in healing trance.

Waking up that fast was painful. He winced. Glancing down at his bandaged arm and burned shoulder. He sent just slight healing weaves to his wounds. Obi-Wan had more important injures to attend to.

His Master was in a state of deep sleep to near coma if he didn?t get help soon. Qui-Gon was much worse off then he was. He had gotten shot just near his heart. He too had some nasty burns. They had been tended to, and looked to be healing. But it was the wound near his heart that worried Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon himself was in no condition to put himself in a healing trance, so Obi-Wan sent healing to his Master. So far infection had not set in.

They were still about two days from Coruscant. It felt longer to the Padawan. He knew he was doing what he could for his Master, but he felt helpless. He hated that feeling.

Obi-Wan knew sitting there and not eating was not helping Qui-Gon. So checking to make sure his Master was comfortable, he got up to get something to eat.

Bad idea, Kenobi. Obi-Wan thought to himself. He had sat in that chair for nearly two days without moving. If he could stop his head from exploding and get the blood going through his limbs again, he would be fine. He waited till the room stopped spinning. He half wondered if he got hit in the head in any way.

After seeing that he could still move his stiff muscles, he want to get some thing for his food deprived stomach.

I?LL BE YOUR FRIEND FOR A LIFETIME
    AGAINST THE WIND AND THE RAIN OF EVERY SEASON
    WON?T WALK AWAY IN THE HARD TIMES
    I WILL BE YOUR FRIEND
    I?M SAYING I WILL BE YOUR FRIEND

Obi-Wan watched his Master sleep. This was not a day that he didn?t want Master to be asleep. No matter if it was because of a blaster wound.

Just as he was twelve, wanting so badly to be a Padawan, before he turned thirteen and would have become a farmer. Today was his birthday, at the age of 25, he wanted to be a Knight. Twelve years, he had been a Padawan for twelve years. Obi-Wan would never trade those years, but had hoped to have faced and passed the Trials by now. He would just have to be patient.

Something his Master told him all the time, he thought grimly. He so wan

2. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    That was nice and sweet! I'm not much of a fan of JA, but this was good!

3. Firedrake88

Firedrake88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    I love this story! I read it when you first posted it on yahoo and I loved it and now that I read it again, I love it even more. I especially like how Qui wishes Obi 'happy birthday' at the end!

Good job!

4. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Very nice! The dialogue between Qui and Obi is wonderful! Nice job!

5. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    aww that was sweet sort of but sad that qui was hurt

6. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    That is soooo cute! :) Sweet and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Okay well maybe that's the caffiene talking. But I thought it was great! :)

7. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Thanks so much, everyone!

8. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    That was soooooo sweet Jenn! I like the line

/That's not funny Padawan!/ ;)

Oh and I know that song! I actually love that song! It's Michel W. Smith! :) That fits so well Great Job! :)

9. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Thanks, Siri.

I liked at line too. :D

I am glad you knew the song too!

10. TrianaJinn

TrianaJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2001
    Very cute story! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.