main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I will never leave you....." (a Tenel Ka vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Tenel_Ka, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenel_Ka

Jedi_Tenel_Ka Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2002
    TITLE: I Will Never Leave You (Tenel Ka vignette)

DISCLAIMER: All these characters belong to George Lucas, and some of the dialogue comes from the book 'Star by Star' written by Troy Denning. I don't own any of the characters and am not making any money off this fic.

SPOILERS: There are some SBS spoilers.
    RATED: G
    FEEDBACK: Yes, please. Criticism - good or bad - can always be helpful

Italics equal thoughts.

Thank you so much to my beta reader, Amidala Skywalker! She helped me embellish this fic greatly and alot of it comes from her. I could never have done this without you. :)

Tenel Ka felt as if her heart had been ripped out of her chest. Right before her eyes, the Worldship continued to shrink and form a small circular ball in space - a speck amongst the blankets of stars. However, she kept her face as calm and serious as ever, never permitting her expression to turn sour; yet inside she was like a hurricane of emotions.

How can I be so calm? How can I just leave Jacen behind? Oh, Jacen...

Tenel Ka thrust out her hand to steady herself, as the ship shook from several plasma ball impacts, beating the living exterior.

"Jaina, what do you want to do?" Zekk voiced stridently, his voice hoarse and drained.

Jaina ignored the question, and continued to shoot plasma balls at the incoming coralskippers, ripping them apart. The Ksstarr proceeded to drift further away from the Worldship, at such a steady pace it made Tenel Ka yearn. She was separating herself from Jacen.

Turn back, Jaina. Tenel Ka wanted to scream. We have to rescue him.

But she knew they had to face the inevitable.

"Jaina!" Zekk bellowed again, this time even louder than before.

"I-" she managed to choke out.

The anguish rolling off Jaina was...excruciating. Even without the battle meld, the whole team could sense it, although each one was experiencing similar emotions.

"Better for Jacen if we flee," Tenel Ka heard someone say. "With only one twin, perhaps they will delay the sacrifice until we can organize a rescue."

She was furious. How could someone even suggest leaving Jacen behind? Then, Tenel Ka realized that the words had come out of her own mouth, and she knew them to be true. She knew this to be fact, though could not deem it to be.

She took a few deep breaths and forced back tears.

"That's what we?ll do," Ganner decided, for the sake of everyone. "Best for Jacen."

Were they really thinking about Jacen now? Who represented the one they were now so willing to leave behind? All of them had been foolish as to blast their way in, head held high, and enticing the commencement of a killing spree; by now, the losses were too great.

Still Jaina was silent ? but each member understood. She couldn't do it. She couldn't bring herself to simply leave her twin behind.

"Jaina?" Zekk questioned, prodding her with his sense. "Your brother."

Even though the coginitin hood hid Jaina?s face, Tenel Ka could imagine the look on her face. A similar expression resided on the Dathomiri girl's own. It was a look of fear, of defeat, and of fury.

They will pay. Tenel Ka vowed. They will pay for what they've done to Anakin, to Jacen, and for the thousands that they've killed. They will pay.

"All right." Zekk shifted into the controls, turning the ship around, and fleeing like a bantha with its tail tucked between its legs. "I think I understand."

"This one thingkz you do," Tesar nodded, almost regretfully. "We all do."

Tenel Ka barely heard - or cared - what the Barabel voiced. She was too occupied by keeping her eyes planted on where Jacen Solo now resided. Concentrating on Jacen's constant presence in her heart, she poured as much comfort and love as possible to him.

Don't worry Jacen, We'll return for you. Just hold on. I may not be there physically, but I'll always be there for you in spirit. And in love. In that sense?I will never leave you.

THE END

2. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    Very nice display of emotions from Tenel Ka. :D

3. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Awwww... :_|

You captured Tenel Ka's feelings so well. It was like I was reading her mind, and not just reading something off of a computer screen. Great job!!!

4. Jedi_Tenel_Ka

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks! This is the first time I've ever posted any fic so I was really nervous. I'm glad you liked it. :D

5. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    There arn't enough Tenel Ka stories out there. This was nice.

6. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Well done... Am pointed me to this fic, said it was well-written... she wasn't wrong! I AM IMPRESSED! It's official! :D Good show!

7. Jedi_Tenel_Ka

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks for the comments everyone! You've encouraged me to write another one.

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    That was very well done. I enjoyed it, even if I'm not that big of a Tenel Ka fan. You really made me feel for her!

9. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    awwww . . . see I like Tenel Ka if you hadnt noticed in my fic. though she might eb goign through a littl mroe anguish soon. oh look i just gave myself an idea!

10. Jedi_Tenel_Ka

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks once again. I'm glad you all liked it. :)

11. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Very good! :) Hopefully you'll write more Tenel Ka fics.

12. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Wow! it was like a trip into her very soul. You wrote her very well.

Jez

13. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *blushes* Thank you.

Super, Janel! I agree with the others; we must persist in encouraging you to branch into a full-blown fic :D

Am [face_love]

14. jacesolo1138

jacesolo1138 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Great fic. There arent many Tenel Ka fics out there. Good to see another one.

15. Jedi_Tenel_Ka

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm working on that fic Am. Unfortunately, a little something called Darth Real Life has recently attacked and I've been swamped with stuff. I am working on it though. ;)

I never expected this vignette to get so much feedback and I really appreciate it. Thank you to everyone!

~Janel

16. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    *sob**sop* WAAAAAAAAAAAA!*sniff*:( :_| :_|
    :_| :_| :_|

17. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    *sniff sniff*

That was beautiful! :_|

Oh poor Tenel Ka!

*sniff sniff*

I'm adding this to the Jacen/Tenel Ka resource thread for sure! PM me with a tag line!

PS, Were you Balance_Point at one time JTK?

18. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Beautiful.

DRAT that NJO!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just came back from a "fight thread"................. topic was TK or Danni for Jacen?

Oh, I REALLY don't know...................

<hah>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.