main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "I Wish I May, I Wish I Might" A holiday Tale** Q/O finally connect as M/A

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

TITLE: I WISH I MAY I WISH I MIGHT"
    Summary: Qui-Gon and Obi finally *connect* .
    Disclaimer. George owns them
    // denotes mind speech or thought.

I will post the second half of this short story in the morning. No I haven't forgot my other story. I will pick up writing after the first. This story was already written and I may have posted it here before.
    ###########################

"Can you believe it Kenobi? It is our first Winter Solstice tree lighting as apprentices, with our very own masters."

"Yeah Obi, all three of us together for the lighting and for the first time since we are officially padawans. Finally, we can hang our wish box on the tree with our wish in it."

Tradition at the temple gave apprentices the right to hang a wish box, made by themselves for their masters to read, on the Winter Solstice tree? a symbol of life and giving. If the masters thought their prodigies deserved their wish for a gift, they got it.
    It only happened every five years for Jedi apprentices. This would be the three friends' first wish box hanging and they were very excited.

Well two of them were. Garen and Bant both noticed the ho hum attitude that their friend Obi-Wan Kenboi exhibited just with the mention of the night's celebrations.

"What's wrong Obi? Don't you feel well? Oh, I hope you aren't getting that nasty Tavarion flu. It has postponed the crèche babes' solstice party for a week. I would hate it if you couldn't go tonight."

Children in the crèche set their slippers outside the crèche ward on the fifteen of December and Father Solstice left a trinket or two and candy.

Obi-Wan used to think his grand master Yoda *WAS* Father Solstice until he reached the old age of two when most realized there really wasn't a real Father Solstice, just the goodness in Master Yoda's heart that supplied them with their rare sweet treats and gifts.
    By the time the crèchelings were three, they all knew Yoda acted as the kind giver, but continued the tradition for he pleased them just as much as it pleased Master Yoda.

"Oh I can go alright Bant. But as you know, it is up to our master whether to participate in it."
    "Don't tell me, "Leather Skin Jinn" isn't going to get you your gift, even if you put a wish in your box? Is he even going to allow you to go?"
    Obi got up, threw his used food containers in the trash, and started to leave the commissary.

"Oh Bant, I'm allowed to go, but you don't know the half of it. Master Jinn is not only going to refuse to grant my request for a gift, he is not going to participate in the celebration at all, even to not going to it tonight. He said I could go watch you guys hang your wish boxes and the lighting of the wish tree. He himself has refused to have anything to do with the Solstice celebration and what else did he say? Oh yeah, I am not to bring it up again. He said if I want to go then go, but not to mention it to him for he had plans to work tonight, *ALL NIGHT*."

Bant hurriedly got up to dispose of her food tray as well.

" Obi-Wan I am so sorry. It is just like quirky old Qui-Gon to ruin everything for you."

"Please Bant, Garen don't belittle my master. He has a right to refuse this. I should just be glad he took me as his apprentice."

" Obi-Wan don't degrade yourself like that. Master Jinn is the lucky one to have chosen you, not the other way around. As for the party tonight, he has a right to refuse the gift, especially if he feels you have been less than dutiful and disciplined while being apprenticed to him this first year. However, no master and I mean it Obi-Wan, no master has ever outright refused to participate. He must be in some book of records as being the first. I agree with Bant. That master of yours is out of this galaxy when it comes to his oddities. All because of his former apprentice, I suppose."

Garen added his opinion as he too pitched his discarded food in the trash, but saved his milk carton to throw in; like making a basketball shot. [He missed. ]

"Master said he

2. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    *sniffle* That Qui-Gon is such a dufus. He doesn?t know what a good kid he has there... It is going to be a long lonely day for Obi-Wan. I?m glad Tahl is there to cheer him up.

Good timing, I can use a holiday tale today. The winter solstice gift bags sound like a better tradition than we practice. I could loan Qui-Gon a few of the darsiders I?ll be seeing on Saturday. :p

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    For my lone reader, here is the ending!! I had to wait to post. We had an ice storm and Gus and I have been without power for the last twenty-four hours.

################

"No, I think it is because he trusts you, that he shies away from spoiling you. He fears the same thing will happen to you as it did Xani. Qui, Master Jinn was very lenient, too lenient for a Jedi master when Crion was his apprentice but he realized it too late. I am afraid he may have overcompensated with you for the way he was with Xani."
    "Yeah, I get what Xani should have gotten. He punishes me for what his former apprentice was guilty of."

Too late the apprentice realized he'd said too much, or was fearful that he had.

"Obi don't think that. Master Jinn cares very much about you."

Mumbling, Obi spoke his true thoughts.

"He has an odd way of showing his care for me. He loves me so much he makes me miserable most of the time. But please Master Tahl, don't misunderstand me. I am honored that he is my master. I only hoped he'd want me half as much as his apprentice as I wanted him for my master.. Maybe things will change........"

Tahl thought it wise to ignore Obi's negative words about his master. The boy was so miserable, her condemnation of his sincere though not appropriate words about Master Jinn, wouldn't help matters.

"Obi-Wan, it would be extremely nice to have company while I labor over this tedious job, which should be done out of love but? Well, I am not very good with these needles."

She held one up in the air.

"Now if this was a saber."

Tahl mimicked the moves of a saber kata with the knitting needle held out before her.

"I would know how to use it proficiently, a lot more so than knitting these treat holders. However, there is no telling who I would skewer with my saber. I am told by the healers, later I will learn how to use my saber again, even though blind. I wish now was later or vice versa. I have to be content to be useful in this capacity."

Master Tahl was delighted to hear a slight giggle come from Jinn's little apprentice.

"Oh Master Tahl, you will always be useful. Why I pretty soon you will be able to best anyone in the training salles, maybe even better than Master Jinn. I would love to stay with you awhile, if you don`t think I would be a *bother*."

Tahl smiled and wished she could see Obi-Wan's face, just to see if by talking with her might have removed some of his sadness.

//Does his master make him feel he is a bother to him when they are together? Oh Qui-Gon, what have you unknowingly done to this little one? His words do seem lighter, but if only I could see the expression on his face.//

"O.K. enough flattery, young man. Let's get me started back on this. Talk if you want too or sit there, keep me company, and think. That's o.k. too. Either way you could never be a *bother* to me."

It really helped disperse Obi-Wan's depressed mood to sit with Tahl and talk. She told him stories about her and Qui-Gon, going all the way back to when they were in the crèche together. Obi got an entirely different perceptive of his master. He couldn't help but feel a little jealous of Tahl because she knew Qui-Gon when he was a much different person than what he was now.

//Or maybe he still is the master she remembers with his friends like Master Yoda, Mace and of course Tahl. Maybe the only person he is strict and cold too is me, his apprentice.//

Obi-Wan watched Master Tahl for almost two hours, nimbly knit the little figures, reminiscent of the winter solstice celebration; snow flakes, snowmen, the solstice tree itself, and beautiful dainty stars which appeared to twinkle because they were knitted from thread the color of spun gold.. He couldn't imagine anyone being able to knit faster than she did. He watched, mesmerized by the master who said she couldn't knit very well, knit the little trinket and goody holders, each in ten or fifteen minutes.

"There Obi, this is one for you."

Tahl had finished her project and was glad she had the company, for the ti

4. Overthrow_Jack

Overthrow_Jack Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    Awww. This was a beautiful story. The Q/O relationship really feels paternal and warm hearted. Just the right thing for the Star Wars geek to get ready for Christmas.

5. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Obi-Wan?s words and feelings are so true to just wanting love from the one closest to him. In their time together he comforted Tahl as much as she did him. :D Personally, I?m a horrible knitter.

Tahl showed Qui what a butthead he was being. [face_yeah, that?s Right zztop] Obi-Wan?s wish was so generous but still showed a child?s need. What a great way to bring down the Ice Castle Qui!
    :D

THANK YOU EWEN, I LOVE THIS STORY!!!

6. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Very nice. I really enjoyed this.

7. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    What a wonderful Star Wars Christmas story!
    Thank you ewen! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.