main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I wish to do as Obi-Wan says, but I'm new and have no idea what I'm doing!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by DraethosAcolyte764, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DraethosAcolyte764

DraethosAcolyte764 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2011
    This place is a dream come true, but I don't know the ins and outs. Someone help me!

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome DraethosAcolyte764! :)

The Ins and Outs are easy, just read the Terms of Service (TOS) and try to behave well. That'll do mostly. :) And if you have more questions, you're welcome to ask them here or to get an oldbie as your master (look here). :)

I saw that you have found the 'getting 20 posts' thread already. That's a good first step to be able to send out Private Messages (PM). :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

3. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Welcome to the Boards! [:D]

This forum here is a good place to hang out and get to know the ropes. As Skiara says, knowing the TOS are the only essential 'Ins and Outs' to know; but be sure to explore the Boards!

Here's a few to check out:

Star Wars Community - This is basically chill out place for the Boards, with the Cloud City Cantina social thread, and a whole bunch of factions to join/explore at your leisure (I reckon the New Jedi Trials would be a good place for an Obi-Wan fan. ;))

Literature - If you're into the Expanded Universe, this is the place to go. Full of active discussion about the EU.

EU Community - Basically the same as the Star Wars Community, except for the Expanded Universe.

Role-Playing Forum - This is a fun place. It features a whole bunch of role playing games to join, but be sure to read the RPG rules. ;)

And of course, there's the various Fan Fiction forums, full of fanfics taking place across the Star Wars continuity.

Have fun! :D

4. DraethosAcolyte764

DraethosAcolyte764 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2011
  5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!! We're all here to help :) If you have questions, feel free to ask!! I also second Skiara's recommendation that you get a master; he or she would be a great go-to person to help you learn the boards.

And while we're recommending forums, Census and Games is a pretty rockin' place :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.