main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Won't Let Go~~~~~~~Sequel to One Small Hope

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Apr 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    This is a story I will start soon.
    It is the sequel to One Small Hope. Here is a link to One Small Hope if you haven't read it.
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2409290&page=1

Title: I Won't Let Go
    Author: SiriGallia
    Category: Jedi Apprentice
    Spoilers: None (I'm pretty sure at least)
    Summary: Obi-Wan is sent on a mission to protect the Queen of a small planet, he suddenly is faced with his past, and realizes he is still struggling to let it go.
    Disclaimer: All those recognizable charectors belong to George Lucas, but some charectors from the previous book, are mine but still recognizable, so that's a little confusing. :)

2. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Okiday, it's alright if you don't want to respond, I'll just get started! :)

Obi-Wan Kenobi gave the nav computer a once over, his direction was perfect. He was feeling restless wich was probubly why he had checked the nav computer the fifteenth time. He slumped into the pilots seat. Why did he feel so restless? He sort of wondered why Yoda had said that he should go alone on this mission. He had had Anikan Skywalker as an apprentice for three years now, why did Yoda say he should take this mission alone? Anikan was thirteen, he had made many friends at the Temple and was very popular. Everyone was a little overawed by the idea of Anikan being the 'Chosen One'. Anikan was still very kind and ambitious, he brought Amidala into his conversations with the other children a lot. Amidala, Panaka, Boss Nass, and Jar-Jar Binks, but the boy always left his mother, Shmi, and Qui-Gon Jinn scrutently out of the picture. Obi-Wan himself found it hard to talk about his former master, even now.

Something that worried him was how little Master Yoda had told Obi-Wan about his mission. It seemed to the Jedi Master that he should at least know the name of the Queen he was off to protect. He leaned back in the seat and reviewed what he *had* been told.

He was going to the planet Thessis to protect the Queen from her enemies, the Raiders, who had come back for some reason. The Raiders had apperently been a problem for the Queen a few years back. Obi-Wan thought he recognized the name, Raiders, as well, but he had met up with so many dangerous terrioust, and gangs, that it became hard to keep track of them all.

Suddenly there was a beep from the console. Obi-Wan leaned forward. The planet Thessis was coming into veiw. He set the crusior into the landing cycle and went to retreive his travel cloak from the other room.

3. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    YAY!!! The sequel!!! Oooo... I wonder who the queen is! ;)

Sounds great so far!!!

MORE PLEASE!!!

4. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    SEQUEL!!! Woohoo! I can't wait to see how this turns out. Please hurry with more! :D

5. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Sequel, sequel, sequel...the chant begins! Yay! Great start, Siri! Can't wait for more.

;)

6. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I'm so glad to see a sequel...when I first saw the new post I thought it would take place a couple years after One Small Hope with Qui-Gon, but you took it in a completely different direction and went for when everyone was older.

I like it!

I can't wait to see how each of them reacts (and if the Queen remembers Obi). Also, am I getting hints of a romance? I can't wait, regardless :)

7. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
  8. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks all! I'm glad you want to read the sequel (I guess that meens I didn't do *too* bad on the first ;) ) Thanks for being patient too, I am little tardy... So here's another post...
    Obi-Wan was given the clearence to land on the royal landing platform. His first impression of the planet Thissis was that it was a very pretty planet, it looked as if it could only be owned by a young queen who strived for delecasy, beauty, peace, and, he noted, was *very* fond of pink and red flowers.

The moment he stepped out of the ship, a cool clean breeze swept past him, ruffling his slowly lengthening ginger hair. He glanced at the lovely palace ahead and was surprised to see, coming through the garden, the queen herself, coming at a light run and have three handmaids behind her despraitly trying to keep up.
    The queen was very pretty, he had seen many beautiful queens in his life, Queen Amidala of Naboo being one, but this queen was different. She was young, Obi-Wan guessed in her late teens, she had a graceful step and long dark brown curls falling around her shoulders. Her dark eyes were full of excitment and Obi-Wan was left to wonder why. She suddenly broke out of the garden and onto the path he was walking down.

"Obi-Wan!" She exclaimed her eyes bright. The young queen then shocked him to no end, she rushed up to him, lept to his hight and wrapped her arms around his neck in a welcoming embrace. Obi-Wan didn't know what to say or do. People on Thessis obviously had very different customs of welcoming than most he had been to.

"Uh, your highness." He said gently loosening her grip. She was small and easily pulled away especially as she noted her handmaids disaproving gazes at this unqueenly manner of welcome. Her expression was still happy though.

"It's so good to see you!" She said excidedly.

"Um, yes your highness." Obi-Wan was still a bit baffled. "I'm glad I had no, uh, difficulties."

"Oh, Obi-Wan you can stop calling me 'your highness', call me by my *real* name!" Obi-Wan could hardly admit he didn't *know* her real name, he was shocked enough that she knew *his*! Suddenly, the queen saw his confused expression, and shocked him again by bursting out laughing. "Oh, I see." She said through fits of laughter. "You don't remember me do you?" Obi-Wan shook his head, then quickly checked himself.

"I had no idea I was supposed to remember you, your highness."

"You don't even remember my name!" She said laughing uncontrolably now. Obi-Wan always got uncomfortable when people laughed at him, especially young girls. It had been a problem for him since he was a boy and being twenty-eight hadn't shaken that boyish feeling.

"No your highness I admit I don't, but if you told me, I probubly *would* remember you." He ammended quickly. The girl continued laughing.

"Ah, Obi-Wan, you don't remember your own, *sister*?" Obi-Wan paused at that remark. He certainly would have remember this girl if she *had* been his sister. He thought back to the few times he had been called someones brother. Suddenly an image flashed before him, of a little girl sitting on a sleep couch and his own voice, though a bit younger /How about this, what if I could pretend to be your big brother, and my Master could be you father? Until we find your real family/ he remembered her small voice saying /I would like that/. Then Obi-Wan knew and he looked at the queen in amazment.

"Meerel?" She laughed.

"See, you *do* remember me!"

"Meerel?!" Obi-Wan was having a difficult time beleiving that this young queen could really be the little five-year-old that he and his Master had saved from a smoldering planet and brought, through much trial and error, to Corascant.

"It's me," Meerel assured him. She laughed again and Obi-Wan was suddenly taken a back. That wasn't the childish giggle he had grown used to hearing all those years back, it was the soft flowing laugh of a young woman. All at once he was struck by an uncommen sensation of feeling, old.

"It *is* good to see you, Meere

9. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Great post! I loved how she teased him about not remembering her! Can't wait for more! :D

10. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    WHEE! A SEQUAL! :D

11. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Awww! That was cute! I can't wait for the next post!!! :D :D :D

12. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    It's so sad to think he may have to tell her of her "daddy's" death...>sigh> I like Obi's approach of just skipping over it (I've tried that myself actually :) )

You have an interesting sequel going and it will be fun to see those two get reaquinted.

13. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHH!!! That was SO cool!!! Heehee! Loved how Obi didn't remember her, and I also thought it was nice of him to phrase Qui-Gon's 'situation' like that. ;)

MORE!!! :D

14. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks Gals! I'm glad you are all liking it! Here is anothe post...

The same handmaiden, Nangel, who Obi-Wan discovered was four years older than Meerel, showed him to the banquet hall. Obi-Wan soonn found out that all the handmaidens were older than Meerel, and were seen more as her 'mothers' than her handmaids. Obi-Wan was told by Nangel that his table would be with the Queen. Obi-Wan nodded, fairly certain that he could spot the young queen, but he soon found it difficult. Everywere he looked there were pretty young girls, and a lot of them had brown curls.

Suddenly he spotted Meerel. She was sitting at a table slightly raised from the others, half her hair was looped over a gold circlet. She looked even older than she had before. Obi-Wan walked over to her table, and was amidiatly ushered to the seat across from Meerel. She smiled at him.

"I was afraid you had gotten lost," she laughed, "all my handmaiden-mothers think that I am 'too young to be married'. They would be right about that, and I keep telling them that you are the Jedi Master sent here to help." Meerel looked over at the cluster of line of handmaids along the wall behind her. "I love them all very much, but I think they are a little too protective." Obi-Wan nodded.

"Now," he said, "you can tell me about everything."

"Well," She sighed, "it seems as though 'starting at the begining is a good idea." She through him a mischivois smile, "So, three days after I was born I--"

"Okay, a little after that," Obi-Wan laughed. They would never get through this night if she started there.

"Alright. After you and Qui-Gon left. I spent the next seven years being under the constant supervision of the Jedi Knights, I made friends with Honi, and Lana and many other little girls. Then when I was twelve, I was taken back to Thessis for training. When I got here the planet was still a good deal in ruins, but it was much better than the day I first left it. I had the best tutoring and training, since I had the ring, and still do, I was of corse to be the Queen." Obi-Wan for the first time noticed the small ring on her finger. It looked even smaller now that it was not on the tiny hand of a five-year-old. "I began my rein at fifteen." On another occation this would have shocked the Jedi, but he had already seen Queen Amidala, who was able enough, and fourteen years. "I amidiatly set about streitening may planet," Meerel continued, "Needless to say, it was quite a job, but I managed to work it up a great deal. With the help of many of my assosiates and my trusted guardian, Locorin. Locorin, I fear, should have been a bit wiser in his judgement, or the current problems wouldn't become an issue, I can't decide whether I am glad of their taking effect or no. For, you see, about two months ago I recieved this message." She handed a data sheet to Obi-Wan. "I beleive you may recognize the ocupant." Obi-Wan studied the sheet, it read:

/Greatings to Queen Meerel, undeserving heir to the Thessis throne,

We send you this message to inform you of our intent to occupy the royal ring. It is indeed to be an object belonging to one of our party. He is also the reason that you *will* give us the ring. A one, Prince Greshm' is in our possesion. He is, indeed, alive and well, but he will only remain in his current state if you give up the throne, and the royal momento of your office, to the Raiders. We will, in return, give you your brother.
    We expect you to be at the Raiders' Den in the space of fourty days.
    Most curtiosly yours, -Raider 1/

"I see, it is a threat on many counts," Obi-Wan murmered in an irritated tone.

"Yes, it is most evident." Meerel agreed. "But you see, since that letter was sent, my people have had nothing but trouble. The Raiders are fairly certain I will not except

15. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHHH!! Whatch'ya gonna do Obi?!?!? Tell your *sister* off? :D

MORE PLEASE!!!

16. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Well, you've got to hand it to her...placing the well-being of her brother above the power of being queen. But...Meerel, think of your people! :eek:

17. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Completly agree with you p_stotts *turns mysterious* Just keep reading! ;)

18. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks for being so patient! I am a sloth aren't I? Okay, here we go...
    Obi-Wan was shocked, but not beyond words. "Meerel! You can't do that! I won't let you! There are many things wrong with it, I'm sure you want your brother back, but remember, they may be lying, they may not even know were he is. Also think of your people you have many citizens to think about and you are handing them over to the Raiders when you give them that ring. Remember too that it will be very dangerous for you! You will have no end of trouble on the way, and when they get there they are hardly going to let you go away alive." Meerel calmly waited the older Jedi's tirade out. When he was finally done she let out a small sigh.

"Obi-Wan, I *know* it's not the best idea I've ever had, and I'm sure to a Jedi it sounds danger, too risky, and foolish, but Obi-Wan I want my brother back, I know they have him because they sent a holo recorder with the message. I know it will risk my people to some extent, but I *do* have an army that my guardian provided, I've seen it myself, it's a strong force. Even when we are attacked by the Raiders we do not let them know we have our army, they have no idea how powerful we are."

"But they will have the ring." Obi-Wan pointed out.

"As long as we fight them fast, this whole thing wont have the time to get out, that's why I couldn't tell the Jedi Council the whole story, so that the Senate won't know."
    Obi-Wan looked at her, Meerel's dark eyes were intent. He turned so that he was completly facing her.

"What about you Meerel?" He asked quietly. "You have to think about you. Their are many dangers."

"There wont be any dangers if you are there. All I ask, is that you come with me, to make sure the whole trade goes well, as soon as we free my brother, they wont care what happens to me, they suppose that as long as I'm not there to govern my people, they will be able to attack and take over with the ring. We can make our slow pace back, if Greshm' is hurt, and my army will attack when they arrive. Please Obi-Wan?" Obi-Wan looked out across the room, he couldn't see anything wrong with the plan, but he couldn't help thinking there was something wrong with all this. He turned back to her.

"Alright Meerel, you *are* like my sister, and my mission was to protect you. So I will go with you and make sure you and your brother are safe."

"Oh, thank you, Obi-Wan!" Meerel exclaimed. "We will leave in a week, we have to send word to the Raiders that we are coming to trade."

19. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Great post! Can't wait to see how this all plays out!

20. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    *claps* YAY!

21. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks for waiting guys I PROMISE to post tomarrow! I promise, I promise, I promise! Thanks for be soooo patient!

22. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Those last two posts were great!!! I can't wait for tomorrow's post!!! :D :D :D

23. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks Jedi Obi-Wan! Here is that post, hope you like it!
    It was the danger that awoke Obi-Wan from sleep. The danger followed by the frantic screams from outside his room. Obi-Wan leapt from his bed, in a swift motion he grabbed his lightsaber from it's place on the nightstand. He started for the door and suddenly stopped. *What was that smell?* Smoke. He quickly through the door open and was shocked at the sight before him. Smoke billowed in clouds, cramping the corridors and slowly drifing out the open window at the end of the hall. Flames licked throught the stone chambers igniting on every peice of furniture and tapistries on the wall. Obi-Wan dove under the smoke and made his way to the window. Letting out a gasp of air he looked out the window into the cool night air. It was still dark, but he could still see the figures below. Chaos had insued. Terring across the grounds like mad men, the Raiders were setting fire to everything in their reach. Men, woman and children ran to the palace for sanctuary in it's stone walls. Obi-Wan wanted to scream down to them that it was just as bad in here. He turned, a thought suddenly struck him, the flames would die down, their wasn't enough wood to keep them going for long, the stone palace would see to that, but the smoke would ingulf the whole building. He *had* to evacuate the floors as soon as possible. Suddenly a burning torch was flung through the window, he ducked back just in time. It landed on the floor and started eating it's way through the chared remains of a rug. He heard another desprate scream from down the hall, and another door slammed. People all the way down the hall were taking one look at the spreading smoke and shutting their doors. /No, no, no!/ That wasn't the way to do it, the smoke would kill them all, and door wouldn't keep the smoke and flames out. /Meerel/ he suddenly realized he had to get her out first. He pushed through the smoke, and over the flames. Finally he reached the door that she had informed him last night, led to her room. He pounded franticly on the door.

"You have to get out of there!" The oldest handmaiden Jooren replied.

"No, Jedi. In case you haven't noticed there is a fire out there."

"Yes, Jooren, and there is smoke too. It will come under the door." Obi-Wan coughed out his last sentence. "You can't stop it from coming."

"No! The Queen is safe in here."

"No she's not!" Obi-Wan was becomeing exasperated. "Meerel, tell them to open the door!" He could faintly hear Meerel's voice.

"Open the door, Jooren, the Jedi will know best." Closer to his ear, he could hear Jooren's curt reply.

"No highness, he does not. He has never seen a Raider fire."

"This isn't like the others Jooren." One of the other handmaids pleaded. Obi-Wan couldn't wait anymore. He ran around to the room next door, it was vacant. He quickly did a mentle scan to make sure that no one was by the wall, and plunged his saber into it. He quickly made a whole, the stone walls were thin enough that the smoke hadn't made it's way into the room other than small doses. He climbed through. Jooren was still standing by the door. The other two handmaids were sitting on a bench next to Meerel. Meerel jumped up.

"Obi-Wan!"

"The door was inopritive." Obi-Wan said, managing a joke at this time was an effort, but he could the scared looks on all the young womens' faces. "Now listen, the smoke *is* going to seep in here. We have to get everyone out." Meerel nodded.

"Quickly, let's spread through and get everyone into the gardens." Obi-Wan nodded. He kept a close eye on Meerel as they slowly escorted everyone outside. Meerel was covered from head to toe in ash, and Obi-Wan was sure he didn't look any better.

"Everyone out?" Obi-Wan called. Meerel nodded.

"I think so," A rafter beam suddenly fell. "Time to go?" Meerel asked with a weak smile.

"Yes, hurry." Obi-Wan hearded the queen in front of him. Suddenly he heard a scream. He turned, at the far end of the hall he could see a small girl, a burn

24. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    WHICH Raider?? I've been wracking my brain, but no luck.

Good goin' SiriGallia! :)

Sarah >^,,^<

25. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Yay! Second page! Great post, SiriGallia! Post soon, post often! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.