main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Won't Let Go~~~~~~~Sequel to One Small Hope

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Apr 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
  2. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    An interesting scene to add before the Queen heads over to make the switch...really makes you see how the Raiders are and what they probably intend to do.

Looking forward to more. :)

3. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks! I'm really glad you are all enjoying it. Yeah, the fact the Raiders do stuff like that a lot is probubly making Meerel and Obi-Wan nervous...
    Okay here is another post!
    "What a mess." Meerel shook her head as she surveyed the still burning building in the awakening daylight. The fire had dampened considerably, but it was still smoldering. Now that daylight was coming on, Obi-Wan could see that everyone was ash-covered, tired, sweaty, and worn out. He felt the same way. He turned to Meerel, her dark eyes were about all that showed from under the layer of ash. Her hair smelled singed and the hem of her evening gown was burnt. Obi-Wan sighed. He had to agree, it *was* a mess.

"Excuse me," A voice interupted his thoughts. The two turned and saw a tall man, in, Obi-Wan guessed, his mid-fifties, holding a little girl in his arms. Obi-Wan saw that the little girl was the princess that he had saved, and the boy hanging on to the man's hand was the prince.

"Yes King Octon," Meerel replied her eyes tence. "I am so deeply sorry about this, I didn't meen for it to so ruin your visit, and I'm sorry that--"

"Your highness, it is perfectly alright. I would say that I should be appoligizing right now, I am afraid I must hasten to Tolis' as soon as possible on some urgent business." Meerel's eyes widened.

"I hope that this insident--"

"No, no," Octon broke in again, "Meerel, I assure you it is nothing of the kind, my own personal busness." He turned to Obi-Wan, "I understand young man that I owe it to you for the lives of my two children, I am deeply gratified." Obi-Wan hadn't been called 'young man' since he had been Qui-Gon's--

"Thank you sir. It was my pleasure to be able to help." Octon smiled.

"Well your highness, I'm afraid I must leave, I will see you soon. Thank you again my young friend, you have done me a great service. Maybe one of these days I will be able to repay you." He then left with his two children, and Obi-Wan looked at Meerel again. She was quiet for a long time, watching the people moving around, trying to salvage what was left of their burning homes. Obi-Wan saw frustrated tears were moving down her cheaks. He suprised himself and nelt down in front of her, like those times back when she was a child. She was older now, but he was still a good deel taller than her. He put his hands on her arms and she finally pulled her gaze to meet his.

"It's alright Meerel, things like this will happen. It doesn't meen you're a failior." She loosened one of her hands from his grasp and wiped her eyes.

"I know, I know. But I don't beleive it. It's all my fault some how."

"How could it be?" Obi-Wan asked gently, "There is no way it could be, you can't stop the Raiders, you can't change the past, you can't stop a raging fire. It doesn't meen it is your fault. It's meens that it's a problem, that needs to be fixed." he sighed as she pulled her gaze away again. "It's taken me a while to see it, but you're right that something has to be done. I guess I felt it wasn't that important. It would be more dangerous this way, but I see what you meen. This will happen again and again, and it will excelarate, I can see, but if you go now, one risk for your people will be one bold throw." She resisted looking at him, as though she really didn't want to hear it again. "But," Obi-Wan continued, "it will be one that you *can* win." Meerel turned and looked at him. Obi-Wan held her gaze for a moment, then stood. Suddenly taller than her again. "And of corse I'm going with you," She nodded. All traces of tears had drifted away, and pure determination was left in her eyes.

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Good for you, Meerel! Go get em! :mad:

5. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    You go girl! Of course, I think my determination would sky rocket if I had a cute Jedi telling me I could do it...Heck I'd believe I could fly if he said I could :)

I look forward to seeing how the Queen deals with everything even with her lack of years, and how Obi helps her.

6. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks guys!!! Jedi Susie I'm glad you're liking it, but I'm not sure if you would like being in Meerel's shoes in a little bit! :)
    Obi-Wan and Meerel set of the next day. Meerel left Locorin in charge of her kingdom while she was gone. Obi-Wan was looking forward to coming back. He watched Meerel's every move. The whole rest of the day they trecked over the hill country, they had gone over the planes on a speeder, but in the hills they had go on foot. Obi-Wan felt he had to watch Meerel at every second. He wouldn't let her drift from his sight. /why am I so worried?/ he wondered ragedly.

The next three days the traveled in much the same fasion, Obi-Wan was surprised that they had no problems from the Raiders. That evening they set up camp on the mountain side. Obi-Wan saw large mountains looming closer, and mentely picked out the one he knew belonged to the Raiders. The fire light from their camp cast shadows across the valley. Meerel was busying herself with cooking the meal. She much disliked the excersize, but Obi-Wan was no cook.

"We will reach the Raiders' Den tomarrow I think." Obi-Wan said softly surveying the shadows ahead.

"That'll be a releif." For a moment there was no conversation. Then Meerel said, "So, were is Qui-Gon? Oh, sorry, Daddy." She laughed, but Obi-Wan just shrugged.

"Somewere else." Meerel didn't catch his tone.

"Oh, let me guess. He's probubly taken another Padawan and you're jelous." Obi-Wan made no reply to her teasing, wich she didn't see either. "Oh, I can't say I'm surprised, he was so kind. He would of course have a new Padawan, he did so well with you." Obi-Wan made a weak smile, hoping the uncomfortable conversation was over, he was disappointed. "You know there are few things I remember about that time when I was five. One is your voice, I remember you telling me that story when I was scared, and I remember Qui-Gon's smile, it was so rare, yet I thought it was the most wonderful, warm smile in the worlds!" Obi-Wan remembered the smile and it made his heart ache. "So, let me guess again, since you aren't answering. Is he on Corascant?"

"No,"

"Belesco?"

"No,"

"Charomia?"

"No." Obi-Wan felt his voice rising.

"Gala?"

"No!" Suddenly something in Obi-Wan snapped. How could she? How could she be sitting there talking about his Master, and trying to figure out were he was?! And in that moment of frusterated lonelyness he snapped. "He's dead! Alright Meerel, he died. He died before my eyes and I couldn't do anything to stop it! He's gone Meerel, he's gone! Now just-- stop!" He turned away, as all those feelings and emotions inside him drifted into the darkness. He let out a sigh. She didn't deserve his harsh words. How could she have known.
    He turned back to her. Meerel's eyes were painful to see. Their bright brown was dulled and sad. Her cheaks were flushed as though he had slapped her. Her mouth was trebling, and unshed tears glistened in her eyes. He realized in that moment that his whole reason in not telling her about Qui-Gon was so that he wouldn't hurt her, now he had hurt her millions of times worse. She felt as though she had lost Qui-Gon *and* Obi-Wan too.

"I-I didn't know." She said softly.

"Oh, Meerel, I know you didn't. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm sorry." She nodded, but said nothing.

As Obi-Wan lie awake that night, listening to Meerel's soft breathing on the other end of the shelter, he missed Qui-Gon. He missed his smiles, his words, his comforting hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder, he even missed the repremands, if he could only hear his master voice again. He missed Qui-Gon until he felt weak. He knew he would always miss him.

The next morning Obi-Wan awoke. He was feeling refreshed and ready for another long day of walking. He moved to the other side of the shelter. "Come on Meerel, let's go." He stopped in front of her sleep mat. His eyes went wide with horror. He ran outside the shelter. "Meerel!" He called. It was no good. Meerel was gone.

7. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Meerel just seems to have this problem of running off, doesn't she?

I loved the scene when Obi snapped about Qui's death...it was unavoidable. Poor guy, just can't get over the loss of his Master...of course many fans can't either ;)

And, you're probably right, I would be happier in Meerel's shoes having to have Obi protect me all the time <sigh> It's just not fair!

Looking forward to find out where Meeler ran off to (or was dragged off to...who knows!)

8. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    EEK! :eek: Poor Obi, and poor Meerel! I hope he can find her! Please hurry with the next post!

9. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHHH!!!! Poor Meerel and Obi! Wonder where she went!

How come in movies and books and such, if a person wakes up, and the other person is gone, the automatically think they ran away or were kidnapped? Maybe she just had to go to the bathroom! ;)

MORE!!!!

10. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Uh oh! :eek: You better find her fast, Obi-Wan!

11. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yes, keep up the good work! :)

12. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks all! Oh, and most people assume that their friend has been kidnapped or run off because in tence situations you suspect the worse :) In this case I think Obi has a good idea *why* she would run off!!!
    In his panic Obi-Wan didn't sence the Raiders coming up behind him until it was to late, one Raider pulled his lightsaber off his belt and the next knocked him out flat with one blow to the head. "Going somewere Jedi?" Obi-Wan squinted up at the Raider above him. "I'm Raider 12." He said in a irritable tone.

"Look," Obi-Wan said stumbling to his feet. "I don't feel like a fight right now."

"Oh, that too bad." 12 sneered. "See, 16, 147, and I were all just wanting to fight so badly. But since you don't want to, I guess we'll just have to kill you." Obi-Wan had a good feeling the Raider would do it too. His mind was racing, most likely the thugs had been sent to kill him and Meerel, at least Meerel was gone. It was the first time he had been happy about her running off. He was, as a Jedi, not afraid to die, but he knew that if they killed him, they would find, and kill Meerel. He wouldn't let that happen. He would play at their own game.

"Okay, okay," he said getting up with his hands in a pleading fasion, "let's fight." The man grinned wickedly, threw his blaster and put up his....rather large fists...and 12 was a lot taller than Obi-Wan too....and looking a lot stronger. Obi-Wan nodded, and then lunged at 12. Or at least, that's what he wanted 12 to think, at the last possible second, he dodged to the side and struck 147 across the face. 147 was a lot smaller and was flattened by Obi-Wan's manuver. 12 tried to get a fist to the Jedi, but it was hard because Obi-Wan was too worried about 16 to care what 12 was doing. Obi-Wan hit 16 in the stomache, but 16 was already trying to hit Obi-Wan in the head. 16 missed almost completly--almost. He did managed to give Obi-Wan a bad brusing on the cheak.
    After flattening 16, Obi-Wan turned, he had to give another blow to 147 and knock him down again.
    12 was getting mad. He was a thug, he wanted fight, but Obi-Wan was hardly about to give him the oppertunity. He went back and forth keeping 147 and 16 down, ducking and doging the rest of the time. 12, Obi-Wan should have known, was not one he would have wanted to make angry.
    Obi-Wan was just flattening 147 for the fifth time, when 12 leapt on him, Obi-Wan hadn't expected what 12 did next. He drew Obi-Wan's lightsaber, and ignited it. Obi-Wan felt more then a little panic-stricken, suddenly he saw it glint in the sun. He saw his blade come down at him, he saw 12 snarling face leering at him. Suddenly Obi-Wan turned slightly under 12's weight and grabbed up 12's blaster. He shot a wound into 12's arm. Whether it killed him or no, 12 at least fainted and wouldn't be anymore trouble. He had the feeling he had knocked all the fight out of 147 and 16 as well. Obi-Wan rolled 12 off of him. The Jedi stood, catching his breath, and collecting his lightsaber. After a few moments he had his breath back, and began running twords the mountain that sheltered the Raiders' Den. He had find Meerel soon.

13. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    WOW! :D You GO OBI!!!! :D

14. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    More more more more more! The crowd chants! :D

15. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    Up again!

:)

16. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks guys and gals! I'll try to write after breakfast. {{Oatmeal :( yuck!}}

17. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Here we go!
    Obi-Wan made his way up the side of the mountain. When he had reached the entrance to the Den it had been heavily guarded, he was hoping their would be a less gaurded opening. He hadn't found Meerel, and he was pretty certain she had gone on without him. Suddenly, above him, he heard a muffled voice. He tenced, but soon relized that the voice was coming from inside the mountain. Obi-Wan crept to the top and looked down through an opening that he could fit through, and defentitly see and hear through. The light filtering through the opening shone on the face, of Meerel. Obi-Wan felt like panicing. She was across from another Raider, that looked a little firmiliar, and behind her were two more Raiders. He quieted completly to hear their conversation.

"No!" Meerel exclaimed. "I won't give it to you until you let my brother go!"

"Your higness," The Raider opisite her soothed. "I have no need for your brother, after you give me the ring, I have no reason to keep him. Now what makes you distrust me?"

"Quite enough, Raider 1, you don't show yourself to be an upstanding person." Meerel snapped.

"Fine, have it your way," One sneered. Obi-Wan then realized he *did* recognize the Raider, though it was a vauge memory. He had been the leader of the Raiders when Meerel was five. Raider 1 shook a map in front of Meerel. "This will lead him to were he needs to go, straight over the toxic mountain, and if he makes it, he will still have to treck across the Sand Wastes, it almost all sand that will pull you under if you press one foot into it."

"You can't do that!" Meerel shouted. "That's not the way back to the capital and you know it."

"Of corse I do, that's why I'm sending him. Oh Meerel don't give me that look, no one can save him remember, he can't save himself, his memory is too weak to remember the way. You can't help him, because you are under *my* power, and you Jedi friend, Kenobi, is gone." Meerel's eyes sparked recognition.

"You killed him." She almost whispered. "You killed Obi-Wan!"

"Correct, it was careless of him. He was so worried about you at the time, that I'll assume he didn't even see them coming." Meerel lunged at him, through anger, and hatred, and Obi-Wan guessed, guilt. One had sucseeded in making her think it was her fault that Obi-Wan had been killed. The two Raiders behind her held her back. "Now, Meerel, let's have that ring, and your brother can have a few hours of precious freedom before he is poisened by the toxic mountains gas, pulled under a sand, or lost in the waste lands." Meerel was trying not to cry. Obi-Wan could see she didn't know what to do, but he did.

With a burst of energy he leapt into the hole, landing on one of the two guard Raiders he knocked him out with his landing. He ran for Raider 1. Meerel took in the situation quickly, she whirled around and kicked the other guard in the arm. He stumbled as she gave him a blow to the head with his own blaster.
    Obi-Wan had rushed at One, but the Raider had caught him across the chest as soon as the Jedi was in range. Obi-Wan winced, but managed to pull back his reserve and knock the Raider to the ground. "Meerel!" He called. The girl had stun-blasted the two guards and was standing at a loss. "Go get your brother and get out of here!"

"But--"

"Go Meerel! Please!" She turned and ran down to the dungeons and dissapeared from veiw.

"Smart Jedi," One sneered. "She won't have to be here when you die!"

18. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHHH!! Crazy! Need more soooonnnn!!! :D

19. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Aaaarrrgghhh! The evil Darth Cliffhanger has struck again!

20. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    I love that last line...what a boostful thing for the Raider to say.

I feel for poor Meerel who has to make such tough decisions for someone so young.

Can't wait for more!

21. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks guys and gals! Sorry about the Cliff Hanger, I am bad about those.... Oh, one quick note, this post is actually going to be Meerel's point of veiw, that was the only way I could think to do this next part. Sorry, I guess you'll just have to assume Obi's hanging in there for a while :( Let's hope he is...
    Meerel picked her way down the stone stares, plunging into the darkness her thoughts were drifting back to Obi-Wan, she couldn't leave him to fight One alone. She shook her head, she had to save Greshm'. She reached the bottom of the stairs and haulted, her eyes tried to adjust, but in the pitch blackness she couldn't see a thing. Meerel called out Greshm's name.

"Greshm'!" She heard a faint groan. "Greshm' were are you?"

"Here," Came the faint reply. "Meerel?" Her eyes lit up.

"Yes, yes, Greshm', it's me! How did you know?"

"No one around this place has such a pretty voice." The weak reply was like music drifting to the young Queen's ears.

"Hang on, Greshm', I'm trying to get to you." She pushed through the darkness, trying in vain to match all the darkness with shapes, with no luck.

"Why did you come?" Greshm' asked. "You could have been killed."

"I don't care!" Meerel exclaimed. "I wasn't about to let you die here, you're my brother."

"Hardly," Greshm's voice sounded strained. "My father and I ruined your life, and when things got hardest, instead of caring for you, we shovled you off onto the Jedi."

"But, my time with the Jedi was good for me, it was very good of you and father to send me away from the battle." Meerel protested, stumbling over an unseen piece of mettle.

"We shouldn't have fought the war in the first place, we should have given up."

"How can you say that?" Meerel shook her head, though she knew he couldn't see the motion. "Think of all those people who would have been slaves of the Raiders instead of living happy lives!"

"It wasn't fare to you," Greshm' said simply. Just then, Meerel reached out and grasped his hand in the darkness. He was suspend from the wall around his waist and she felt his hand close around hers. "Because of me and father, you were fatherless, motherless, and you didn't have a brother to help you." Meerel was quiet for a moment.

"I have a brother now, and I have learned to let go of the bad memories, and look to the future." She quickly helped him down, opening his binds was easy. He stumbled a little bit but was able to stand. Then he hugged his sister tightly. She hugged him back.

"I've missed having a sister," He said softly.

"We must help Obi-Wan!" She said suddenly.

"Who?"

"The Jedi who came with me! He's in trouble."

"Well come on." Greshm' urged.

"You're in no condition to fight!" Meerel protested. "But can you run?"

"I'm not leaving you to--"

"No, Greshm', I need you to do this for me, run as fast as you can north, over the hill country, and across the plains tell Locorin that their will be Raiders coming soon, One told me that he had already sent a troup to take over the Capital. You have to warn Locorin to ready his army. Please?"

"Yes of corse, but will you be alright?"

"Yes, no please hurry!" Greshm' nodded, gave her one last hug, and disapeared into the dark. Meerel ran into the dark searching for the stairs. "Hold on Obi-Wan," She whispered, "I'm coming."

22. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Go get 'em, Meerel! Great post, SiriGallia!

23. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Meerel to the rescue! That raider doesn't stand a chance now! :D Great post!

24. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    Go save Obi, your "brother" Meerel! :)

25. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks guys and gals! Yep, Meerel to the rescue! She's coming! ;)
    "You were foolish Jedi, you should have stayed in better company, this time your Master isn't going to be here to protect you!" Obi-Wan tried to ignore the taunt as he took another step backwards. "Oh, yes, I know. I know that Qui-Gon died, I have spies, when they told me who was coming to save little Meerel, I wanted to know everything. I do." Obi-Wan moved to the side try to get around One, he didn't want to have his back to the toxic steam. The novilty of the mountain was that it would rumble several times, then spray up toxic gases that would kill upon inhalation. He held his breath ever time there was a gust of the asidic substance. "How did it feel Obi-Wan? To be standing there, to watch him die, you could have saved him you know, but you were too tired. Weak Obi-Wan, you were weak. Your failing was what killed Qui-Gon Jinn, you." Obi-Wan couldn't take it any more. He ran forward try to knock One out of his way, but One dodged sending Obi-Wan straight ahead. Obi-Wan felt a grip across his arm. One yanked him backwards by the arm.
    He slamed the Jedi hard against the rocky ground on the edge of the mountains mouth.
    "And now, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Die with the revelation that because you were 'weak' you couldn't prevent me from killing Meerel." One yanked Obi-Wan up, ready to push the Jedi over the edge.
    Suddenly, out of no were Meerel ran into One. The impact of her push sent the Raider over the edge, at the last second One grabbed her arm and both girl and Raider toppled over the edge of the mountain.

"Meerel!"
    _____________________________________________Sorry, kinda short.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.