main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Won't Let Go~~~~~~~Sequel to One Small Hope

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Apr 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh! You did it again!

2. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    NOOOOO!!!!! DO something Obi-Wan! :eek:

3. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I come back from a diastrous regional track meet and find TWO post! JOY!!!!!

But, what a cliff hanger (quiet literally too) you left us with. I feel so bad for Obi during the One's tauting...evil evil man.

Can't wait for more!

5. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Let's see, I could do, noooo. How about...nah. Ok I could let her fall in, but, no that would mess that up. hmmmm, maybe One comes and pulls her, no. hmmmmmmmmm.....hooooo......hummmmm.

OH! How about they all die! Oh that's a good idea, too bad for Ani huh? Nah, cause Obi-Wan has to, yeah. So! In short I guess I'll have to figure out how to get them out of this mess. Sorry I'm not sure what to do right now, I'll post soon! ;) Sorry for Reader-Torture...

6. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Okay, so here it is! Please tell me what you think...
    _____________________________________________Obi-Wan looked over the edge tears flooding his eyes. "Meerel!" He called.

"Here!" Was the reply. Obi-Wan gazed franticly to the side he saw the young girl a short distance away from him hanging onto the rock face.

"Wait Meerel! Hang on, I'm coming." He moved to the around the side of the mountain crags. He leaned out. He felt his hand graze her small fingers. He moved down closer. He grabbed hold of her hands, she gripped his hands hard. He swung her away from the rock she had been holding onto. Sweat drifted down his face. He felt so weak /Why?/ he thought frustrated. He tried to pull her up, but he couldn't do it, One's words had impacted him hard, and all he could see was Qui-Gon dying and Meerel falling, and the light going from Cerasi's eyes... all the death of friends he had seen billowed up into his mind and made him weak. "I can't, I can't!" He exclaimed. Meerel looked up at him. Holding his hands tightly. She saw the terror and pain in his eyes. Suddenly there was a sickening rumble. The toxic gas was beginning to collect for a fatel blast. Meerel's eyes went wide.

"Obi-Wan! You have to go!"

"No!"

"You have to let me go Obi-Wan, or you will die."

"I don't care!" Obi-Wan said trying once again to find his stregth, "I won't let go!"

"Obi-Wan you *have* to let go! All of it! Me, and Qui-Gon. All you can think about is what has resulted in death. You have to remember life! You have your life that could meen so much to so many people, and you have Anikan who needs you! I miss Qui-Gon, I know I can never miss him as much as you, but you need to remember how wonderful he was, and forget the bad memories. Hold onto the good memories, but let go of those that bring you down. Don't give up your life because you can't bare the guilt, remember that I wouldn't even *be* here if it hadn't been for your saving me as a little girl. No let go! Please!" Obi-Wan heard another rumble. Qui-Gon's smile flashed before him, his warm gaze and grip on his shoulder, all of those wonderful memories made him feel strong. With a great burst of stregth he pulled Meerel out of the mouth of the toxic mountain holding her tightly around the waist he pushed them into a roll down the mountain side. With a final great rumble the toxic gas blew high in the sky and then fell silent.

Near the bottom of the hill Meerel sat up with some difficulty, Obi-Wan was neeling nearby her.

"I told you to let go," She breathed.

"Yes, and you told me that should hold onto life, and good memories, you're part of that Meerel."

7. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh, I love it! Yes, focusing on the bad paralyzes us, and focusing on the good makes us strong. Very good! :D

8. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Meerel really should consider going into psychology :)

Now that the Queen's save I just wonder how her brother is and what those pesky Raiders have in store...

9. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    YAY OBI!!!! :D :D :D

10. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks all! I'm so glad you're all liking it!

"I sent Greshm', Oh Obi-Wan I shouldn't have. What if he can't make the journey or what if he runs into Raider potrols?!" Obi-Wan stepped in front of the girl. Meerel blushed, she hadn't realized she had been walking in circles.

"Now, Meerel this won't help you, I have all the supplies together, if we hurry we might run into your brother along the way. We should start now at any rate, there is still a good chance we came make the three day walk in two days and beat the Raider army there. Let's get moving."

That night they camped a good distance away from the Den. "I think that was a normal day and a half walk." Obi-Wan said as cheerfully as posible, "If we can have a quick rest we get even further tonight." Meerel nodded.

"Obi-Wan," She said after a few minutes of time. "I'm worried, I don't know why. I know Locorin can rally our army and the people will fight to keep their freedom, but I'm so scared. I've never fought before, I don't want to."

"I think you have," Obi-Wan smiled. "You don't know what a capable fighter you are."

"I've never fought," Meerel repeated.

"Yes, you have. Just a while ago, you gave that guard Raider and One both good blows. Even when you were five you were never a very vonorable girl." He stiffled the urge to laugh. "And you were the most impossible little kid I had ever seen. You'll do fine, you've been a wonderful leader all these years."

"Thank you Obi-Wan." Meerel smiled at him, her eyes seeming to drop out of there fearful state. She hugged him. "I'm so lucky to have a brother like you, and I because of your help I have two brothers." Obi-Wan hugged her back.

"You will have a wonderful life, I know it."
    The next two days were a drudgery, trying to brave the hills and cross the planes, but they reached the end of the planes, and the capital was in sight. It looked peacful and quiet. No signs of war.

"We made it!" Meerel said excitedly. Obi-Wan nodded.

"Yes we did."

"Let's go find Locorin and Greshm' we need to prepair for war." Obi-Wan hung back slightly as she started out at a run across the last expance of prarie before the capital's roads. Obi-Wan felt something, the feeling of danger. He looked hard at the capital of Thissis. Nothing appeared wrong. He slowly followed after Meerel.
    Inside the palace, Meerel went straight to her guardians chambers. Locorin stood when the two entered.

"Your highness, thank goodness your safe, we have been so worried."

"This will worry you further!" Meerel breathed. "The Raider army is close and it will soon be upon us, you must raise our army to fight!"

"Oh yes, yes, your highness. I understand the urgency of the matter." Locorin agreed. Obi-Wan stared at the man, something was wrong.

"Is the army ready to fight?" Meerel asked.

"Yes, of corse." Locorin nodded. He had walked around his desk and was now right in front of Meerel. He bent to her level. "But considering the superior numbers your highness, I don't think you will be putting up much of a fight." Meerel looked cofused. Obi-Wan stiffed suddenly as a blaster was pressed against his back. He saw another figure press his blaster against Meerel's back. Her eyes went wide.

"Locorin! You--"

"Yes, me. Congradulations your highness, your army is an army of Raiders, here to help the other army, when it gets here, take over the kingdom, and the treasure, and Thissis, forever!"

11. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
  12. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    SiriGallia, I just read the first bit, and it's really good so far, but can you give me the link for the original story? And also how many years is this set after The Phantom Menace? Anyway, good start, and I read some more of it tonight...

13. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHHH!!! Traitors!!! :mad:

14. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Hey Oaks! Oh, on page one there is a link to the first story. One Small Hope.
    One Small Hope is set about nine years before TPM, this one is set around three years after! :)

15. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh SiriGallia! You are an evil Sith! Yep, that's what you are!

16. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks!!!! Yes that's me 'Darth Siri' (somehow I don't think the *real* Siri would stand for that ;) )

"Simple, I wanted the treasure, One promised that if I got you to beleive that your *army* was on your side, I could have half the fortune! Half! How could I pass up such an offer!"

"But why strike now? Why didn't you strike before?" Meerel wanted to know.

"Really Meerel, with a Jedi here? He arrived just two days after I aquired the army, what was I going to do?"

"But--"

"Meerel, you've forgotten that one thing we have *ever* disagreed on already!" Locorin shook his head. "I told you that we didn't need the Jedi here. You said we did, and what you said went. Before." Meerel's eyes lit up.

"Now," Locorin said. "I'll wait for that ring 'till One and *his* army get here." Obi-Wan shook his head. /How many people have made that mistake now?/ "But I don't suppose that meens I need you Jedi." Locorin smiled cruelly. He leveled his blaster at the Jedi's head.

"No!" Meerel screemed. Obi-Wan had no time to waste. In a smooth motion through the Force he knocked the blaster from Locorin's hand, then mentely tossed the one at his and Meerel's back. He moved so quickly that not one of the Raiders had time to flinch. Obi-Wan ran across the room, and gripped Meerel's arm. Unfortunatly, the Raider behind her had her other arm. Obi-Wan then used a very common tactic and punched the Raider directectly in the face.

"Run!" he commanded Meerel, she ran. They moved to the door.

"Get them!" Locorin called. Outside once again Meerel suddenly stopped.

"Oh no." She whispered. "Look." Across the field from them *her* supposid army was at hand. "We have to warn my people!" Obi-Wan nodded and pulled her into the town.

"Listen!" Obi-Wan called. "The Raider army is coming and--" He didn't have the chance to say anything else, in a chaotic fasion the whole population of the capital were running around the square. "Wait! Wait!" Obi-Wan called at the top of his voice. Most stopped.
    "Look, we need to work together on this, if we don't fight the Raiders will destroy your homes."

"Your freedom!" Meerel added. "If we move *against* the Raiders we can win! We can!" A cry went up from the people.

"Now, get together your defences," Obi-Wan instructed. "They will be here soon." Obi-Wan surveyed the people. "That won't be enough."

"We have another villiage a ways that way, but we don't have enough time, and I can't leave my people." Suddenly a deafening cry went up from the townspeople.

"Look!" A man was pointing across to the North. "The Yimya Villiage is coming to help."

"But, who?" Meerel looked at Obi-Wan.

"I don't know," He replied. "Do you recognize the man at the head there, he looks vauguely firmiliar though I can't--Meerel were are you going?"

"Greshm'!" She called. "I don't beleive it!" The Queen ran into her brothers arms a good distance away, but Obi-Wan could see that she was right. Though when he had known Greshm', he had been a young man. The Yimya villiage came up to the other townspeople just as the Raiders came into the square.

"Charge!" Greshm' called. Everyone ran forward knocking Raiders over as they did. The Raider army wasn't ready for the attack. Meerel was by Obi-Wan's side.

"We will win, I know it." She had a blaster in her hands.

"Yes," Obi-Wan said quietly, not looking at her. She followed his gaze.

"Not already," She moaned. It was true, the other Raider army was coming across the plains at a run. Soon the other army was upon them. Obi-Wan's lightsaber was up. Meerel blasted down three Raiders in sucsession. Obi-Wan had to give her that, she had a good aim. The population of Thissis was fighting for their lives, but it was a lost fight before it even started. The two armies surrounded the small group of towns people. Obi-Wan and Meerel were soon surrounded as well. Locorin was among the ones around Meerel and Obi-Wan.

"Surrender,

17. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Alright! Cool post, but how did they know there was trouble? I guess that will be explained in a later post. Is this the end of the raiders?

18. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    *SiriGallia looks coy* Hee Hee Hee!!!

19. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Did I scare everyone away? I'll post soon! ;)

20. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    YAY! :D

MOOOOOORRRRRREEEEE!!!!!!

21. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    *Looks really guilty* Sorry Guys/Gals, I know it's taken me a while to post, I am sooo tardy, well here is another post...
    The battle continued once the King arrived things began to work up to advantage. Raiders fell before the reinforcements. Obi-Wan stuck close to Meerel. Suddenly he saw two villagers with their backs against the wall, a Raider had them both in check. Obi-Wan didn't waste a moment, he leapt over to the aid of the two vilagers and knocked the Raider flat with one blow. The vilagers quickly moved back into the battle Obi-Wan turned around and winced.
    Meerel was gone.

"She keeps on doing that!" he murmered as he ran into the center of the battle. He turned rapidly trying to spot her. Suddenly he saw a fleeting lock of dark brown hair go around the corner of a building. He slowly followed. He began to pick up speed when he didn't catch up and paniced when he heard a high-altitude speeder start up. He ran around the corner, a speeder was rising high in the air on board was a Raider and Meerel. Obi-Wan quickly jumped onto a high-altitude speeder and took of in persuit. He managed to catch up with the other speeder fast, on a high-altitude speeder, they got very high. Obi-Wan got a good look at the Raider next to him, and Meerel, her hair blowing uncontrolibly in the fast wind.

"Let her go Raider!" Obi-Wan called. "You want the ring, take the ring. Just land, and let her off."

"Sure Jedi. Don't worry, I'll let her off when we get to were we're going, feel free to tag-a-long, when I get what I want then I'll kill her, and this time I won't miss, Obi-Wan Kenobi!" Obi-Wan had no idea what he meant, but he wasn't going to let him get away with it for the world.
    He kept as close as he dared, he had a feeling that if he got too close the Raider would shoot him from his speeder.

They were traveling over rocky surfaces. Obi-Wan made out the looming shapes of mountains in the mist ahead. Suddenly the Raider's speeder dropped. Obi-Wan dropped with it. Obi-Wan settled the speeder onto a cliff face a good distance away from the Raider's and dismounted. He quietly followed the Raider and Meerel into a large cave. He had been try to formulate a plan to no avail. He really didn't know what to do, he was following a Raider who was ready to kill his charge, friend and practically his sister, and he was just following. Suddenly a glow rod was ignited and Obi-Wan realized were they were. The treasury. He looked around, jewels, dimonds, jade, crystal, amithest, and millions of others he didn't recognize.

"Amazing, isn't it Jedi?" The Raider asked from a cross the cave. Obi-Wan looked around.

"Wonderful," He said with forced inthusiasm. "But you already knew were it was." He said suddenly. It shocked the Raider and Meerel only half as much as it surprised Obi-Wan. Somehow he knew, he knew who this Raider was, but wasn't sure, but he knew that this Raider had known this treasury was here already.

"True." The Raider said.

"Why?" Obi-Wan asked. "Why would you risk so much if you already knew."

"Revenge Kenobi. Pure revenge. Yes I knew it was here, I had always known, I stumbled upon it once upon a time that I don't remember when. I could find this place easily. But I wanted it all, the planet to raise a great army that amass through the system and then through the galexy, I would slowly take it all. Gala, Barsheesh, Honor, Melida/Daan, Rentane', and Corascant, until I had it all. I knew it wouldn't be difficult, with all of this." The Raider gestured widly to the piles of wealth.

"You're crazy." Obi-Wan shook his head. "But why the revenge?"

"You don't remember, do you Obi-Wan Raider 17?" Obi-Wan realized he did remember. "A scar on your arm that I gave you, from a blaster bolt back on that misrible planet. Remember, a little girl who called you brother, and you Master daddy. I tried to get her on that planet, I tried to take her in that market, I almost had her in that dungeon, but I was arrested. For two years I planned my escape and my re

22. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    *Sighs* I guess no one liked it :( Oh well, I'll finish it anyway! I'll post a little later today! ;)

23. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    NoNo, SiriGallia! Keep posting. I'm anxious to find out what happens next!

24. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    You're evil! ;)

25. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks guys and gals! I'm glad you're still liking it. *Sigh* I'm afraid that I only have two more posts, this one then one more. But I'm glad you have all enjoyed it! ;)

"Ah, there you both are." Octon greeted. "We were all worried when we didn't see you."

"We had another battle to fight." Obi-Wan said conclusivly.

"I see." Octon said with a nod.

"We owe you our victory King Octon." Meerel said, her eyes alight.

"I owe you my children." Octon responded, smiling.

"I don't understand how you knew we were in trouble." Obi-Wan said.

"Yes, well that is a political mishap that shouldn't be forgotten." Octon nodded. "Well, I will tell you. First, you will remember Queen Meerel that when I arrived I was a day and a half early." She nodded.

"I remember, you surprised me."

"Yes, well what you didn't know was that my planet was close to finacial ruin. I was going to ask you for help, but the night before the fire, I was signaled that someone else had offered me great wealth from a battle with a tyriny planet. I figured that way I wouldn't impose on you, and I would rid this one planet of it's tyrant ruler. When I arrived back at my capital. I read the message that clearly stated a barbaric queen was hoarding a great amount of wealth that, if we helped fight against her, my planet would recieve half the wealth, all we had to do was get her special ring." Obi-Wan looked appauled.

"Meerel?" He asked.

"Indeed. Unfortunatly, they had counted on the fact that I wouldn't have had a chance to meet Meerel, so I could have just assumed that I had nearly made a big mistake. 'recieving money from a tyranic queen', I had, however, left to see her sooner than they had supposed. That was when I knew that you would be in danger. My help or no, I had the impression they would war against her anyway. So I raised an army. And here I am."

"We owe more to you then we know!" Meerel exclaimed. "What a twist of deception."

"Yes," Obi-Wan agreed, "Such is the way of the Raiders."

"Was, my friend." Octon said softly. "Was."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.