main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I would like to know how TF.N will respond to this...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Danielrh9, Oct 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danielrh9

Danielrh9 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2001
    Just to let you know, I am not affiliated with any fansite or messageboard whatsoever.

I am sure someone at TF.N has read this by now and I am curious to see how it will be responded to. These are very serious accusations, needless to say.

Here is the link to what I am talking about...

http://www.jedinet.com/senate/editorials/legalplease.asp

2. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I want my 2 mins back

3. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    LOL, AA.

Hehehe. TFN rules. :D

4. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    "We fart in your general direction."

5. Darth Vaernexx the Scion

Darth Vaernexx the Scion Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 1999
    TFN is sort of like a nonprofit organization with a gift shop. They do exist.

6. EMPRESS

EMPRESS Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 10, 2000
    It's so good to be loved.

7. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    i think this dude suffers from penis envy.

8. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    i like how they point out mistakes made by TFN and magnify them beyond the scope of what they really are

" they posted bootlegged footage, they are evil"

yet, no doubt, the guys who wrote that, have mp3's on their computers, which are in turn, illegal and bottlegged. Yet they call TFN evil? Id get into more of that diatribe, but i dont want to. It seems people are mad because they arent as succesful

Still in all, i find TFN the best SW site, and really the only i visit

9. Storm5

Storm5 Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2000
    The internet is a relative new medium, we're all still learning, we're all still making mistakes. So what? TF.N is all about loving SW! :)

10. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    For one thing, they've been spewing out this crap for years. Second, this will be resolved certainly off-boards, and not in a screaming fit between two forum groups. And Third, the bastards are just jealous.

11. Dark Lord of the Jedi

Dark Lord of the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    lol @ WW

and what he said is all true, too.

12. Izzi

Izzi Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I can tell you how they'll respond to this.

First they'll close this thread cause god forbid any of you know about it. Expect a new rule against posting links to other star wars bulletin boards to be instigated soon.
    Then they'll hag slap the guy who wrote that editorial and throw big hissy fits over it.

None of which they'll ever post here so we'll never know.

A word of advice. Distance yourself. This is just getting stupid and soon Time will be doing a follow up story to their Internet Star Wars fan site successes with stories about pimply face star wars computer geeks hacking at each other over petty things like this.

And if that happens, my professional ego will insist I no longer associate with you all.

13. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    Thank you.

14. Storm5

May 9, 2000
    That's BS Izzi.

15. Master_JoshuaWindu

Apr 21, 2001
    this question begs to be asked

"then why are you here?"

16. Storm5

May 9, 2000
    This so called war feels so artificial... It's created by some geeks who need to go out more often.

17. Izzi

Mar 22, 2001
    Is it?

What about that guy (forgive me I'm terrible with names) that one of the owners banned here because he was bashing TFN on another bulletin board?

That didn't do this place's reputation for being self serving any good.

18. Storm5

May 9, 2000
    That kind of stuff is unacceptable, but it happens on every messageboard. There are good admins and bad admins, that's all. The fact that this guy is one of the owners doesn't change anything.

19. Izzi

Mar 22, 2001
    I'm the first one to criticize this place because in the beginning I did care what direction it was going. But time has taught me that my vision for this place and the powers that be vision is not the same. As far as I can tell, their vision is to become LFL's class pet. They've tried being the rebel, built this place on that foundation but then as soon as success came, they wanted the security of being the pet. Thing is they ran over a lot of people in getting here and then they turned their backs on the people who helped. Changed the rules, basically yanked the rug out from under everyone's feet. Some people didn't bother picking themselves back up and just rolled out the door. Others, like me, did but fought to return things to the way they were. All for naught. The owners are quite comfortable in the shadow of LFL and there's nothing I or anyone else can do to drag them back out. They don't like being challenged. They don't like being made out to be self serving. They don't want any legal trouble, which is perfectly understandable. Basically, it's a pecking order. LFL, TFN, the rest of the fan sites. LFL kicks TFN and TFN kicks Jedinet in return and it goes on from there.

Silly really.

I don't know about you but the whole reason I came here in the beginning was for the very things that aren't allowed anymore. Spy reports, script fragments, storyboards....

What's the point of this place without that?

20. Master_JoshuaWindu

Apr 21, 2001
    yet, your still here

and frequently i might add

21. Izzi

Mar 22, 2001
    I know. There are a couple reasons for that.

1. Hope dies a long hard death. I keep hoping things will change for the better.

2. Habit. Dude, I've been coming here for over two years!

3. I've developed friendships here that I'd miss if I left.

4. For all my bitching, there are aspects of this place that I do like.

That said, there are things that I most certainly do NOT like, things that are not improving and everytime I run up against them I find it harder and harder to stay.

But this isn't about me. What I've said maybe hard to read. You may disagree with me. It might invite the wrath of the owner's on my head. Nevertheless, I think it needs to be said.

22. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Uh, that's not a link.

I don't go to those places anyway. This is the only SW site I EVER go to. I'm not interested in the others, nor am I interested in their opinions of TF.N.

You guys who give a $#!+ go ahead and argue.

23. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Hehe. I bet Jedinet or whoever would be in the exact same position as TFN if they were the biggest board on the net.

24. Fathead

Fathead Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 1999
    On the same note, no one cares what your opinions are about the issue either, wormie and jasman.

25. Izzi

Mar 22, 2001
    That's true. But you know me and soap boxes. ;)

I'll get off it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.