main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I would like to know how TF.N will respond to this...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Danielrh9, Oct 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    I'm going to deal with this, right now. I'm very irritated how a certain member of the Administrative force is handling this [face_plain]

2. law-wars

law-wars Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2001
    there just seems too much reaction, and less contemplation.

If we step back and look at our computer screens, we realize that this all stems from a kid's movie....gosh, I am almost embarassed to be a Star Wars fan!

3. Lord_Tantuphilos

Lord_Tantuphilos Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    It goes further, it is about the role of dissent in any public forum. The fact that some here are bent quashing all opposition is a testament to their insecurities and childishness.

4. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    Missninfan, the same goes for Korenyl, as far as I know. The guy had thousands of posts

5. law-wars

law-wars Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2001
    But, it's a forum about STAR WARS, not some controversial governmental uprising or coup.

I am all for first amendment rights...but, seriously, this is so laughable.

I cringe to think what these mods and owners of this board could do if they put their minds to something more constructive, less juvenile, etc, etc, etc...

6. Lord_Tantuphilos

Nov 1, 2001
    Yes, it is about Star Wars, although sometimes the actions of a few do really make people mad and it needs to be fleshed out.

People like to able to say what they wish, to be muzzled is irratating.

7. Lil Wookie

Lil Wookie Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    law-wars: While I mostly agree with what you are saying, gotta say the fault does not lie comletely at tf.n. Seems there is enough childish behavior to go around.

8. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    I agree with the Wookster. The JC might be associated with a lot of childish behavior, but is not necessarily the source of it. You'd know more about that, though, Law Wars.

9. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    However, Preacherboy, TF.N should be professional enough to get over any antics put forth by other sites. Scott and Josh should also be aware that if they start to post info without crediting the source and claiming it to be their own, they should be liable for backlash from those who have been affected.

10. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Koreynl was banned? Why? What is this, a cult of personality?

11. Jedi_Rory

Jedi_Rory Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2001
    You know what.....nevermind....it's already been said

12. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I recievd a PM from the user JedinetCCG. I proably should have read it first but I quickly responded by calling jedinet trash yet again. Is there anyway to stop these unsolicited attacks on me?

13. Hung Solo

Hung Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 1998
    "If we step back and look at our computer screens, we realize that this all stems from a kid's movie....gosh, I am almost embarassed to be a Star Wars fan! "

My thoughts exactly, law.
    This chit is embarassing.

14. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Dude... your name's Hung Solo.

15. law-wars

law-wars Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2001
    Preachy, are you implying that I should know about being childish because I have participated in this stuff??!!??!

what a bunch of crap. I have a clean record, and have observed the online star wars phenomenon since last year... my point is that TFN is a monolith of the Star wars community, and of course it is going to get pot shots from time to time (and deservedly so, there is something in human nature that makes us want to take down the big dog, and that is why we ALWAYS root for the underdog...GO DIAMONDBACKS!)

TFN should have the balls enough to let it slide off their backs...to not do this shows a severe want of cajones. If Scott pursues any of this crap further, it shows his utter lack of maturity.

Be like Anakin in AOTC... GROW THE @&*% UP!

16. law-wars

law-wars Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2001
    Wookie, I never suggested that it was all TFN's fault...but for heaven's sake, they can sure be the end of it. Gosh, your argument sounds like those I heard on my grade school playground, those of the"He started it" sort. Let it go, take a deep breath and take a look in the mirror

Hopefully TFN will realize that the binary sunset of the star wars universe does not rise and set on TFN. If they think that others are taking obscene or invalid stabs at their character, show a better, stronger character and rise above it...let it slide.

17. Lil Wookie

Jul 8, 1998
    Actually, my argument is the exact opposite of what you just said. I have been hearing that TF.N has done this and TF.N has done that and blah blah yak yak..I really don't care who started it. AS far as I can tell, all the fansites are acting childish. I am not defending tf.n, I am agreeing with you, just pointing out that they are not alone in this.

Thats besides the fact for the most part I am agreeing with you. I am beginning to wonder if you are just looking for a fight.

18. law-wars

law-wars Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2001
    Fight???? You wanna step outside?????? lol

I am in no mood for a fight...that would go against my "childish" behavior bashing...plus, it serves no purpose.

19. JarJarFields

JarJarFields Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    Well this stupid fight has now resulted in a site being shut down, ie Operation Sombrero.

:mad:

20. Storm5

Storm5 Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2000
    What we need is a new independent board not related to a SW news site. :)

21. Hung Solo

Hung Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 1998
    I agree, Storm5. Something like that may be in the works. If it comes about, bye bye, JC.

Unless Lil Ol' Scotty doesn't scream, cry and lie to their provider, too.

(hums Bob Marley's "Exodus")

22. JarJarFields

JarJarFields Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    Unless Lil Ol' Scotty doesn't scream, cry and lie to their provider, too.

You better watch yourself, that's a bannable offense here, you know!

23. Storm5

Storm5 Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2000
    I'm not against TF.N but I'm not for it either. The real star wars fan don't need this confrontation with all the immature webmasters out there. This isn't just about Josh and Scott, you know.

24. Lil Wookie

Jul 8, 1998
    ::applaudes Storm::

25. Lord_Tantuphilos

Nov 1, 2001
    They may take our boards, but they will never take...OUR FREEDOM!

Seriously, those who behave like little dictators should be admonished until their behavior changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.