main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I would like to see the deleted scenes incorporated into the prequels, but not the originals

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by colivo, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    I know Lucas wouldn't do this, but I would really like to see the deleted scenes for all the prequels put back into the movie for any future DVD boxset. On the other hand, I would hope he would keep the originals the same length.

The prequels to me are a more deeper story, and the deleted scenes help the movies. In AOTC, the whole backstory of Padme's family, while some scenes were cheesy, would really make the funeral in ROTS much more powerful. In ROTS, I would love to see the formation of the rebellion incorporated into the movie, to make a very good parallel between Padme & Leia leading the charge in each generation of the rebellion. The Qui-Gon scene(if it exists), Yoda landing on Dagobah, etc. The prequels to me are more about the Star Wars universe and how it crumbles being told through one person, Anakin Skywalker, who helps bring down the whole society. For me, the longer the movie the better.

For the OT, keep it the length it is. I wouldn't want to see any deleted scenes inserted for the original three. They were more about individuals, so the story was simple, good vs. evil and the fight of a small rebellion to take down a tyrannical empire. Lean & mean at 2 hours each is fine with me. What you see is what you get from the originals, and that is why they're great.

What do you think?

Strilo edit: I think we have threads about Deleted Scenes and Special Editions...

2. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    I am actually working on a version of AOTC which has all the deleted scenes in corporated into the movie, only I've been so busy lately, I hardly have any time for it. [face_worried]

It's an interesting process though, and I wonder what kind of impression the movie will make when watched from the beginning to the ending.

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I disagree. The deleted scenes were deleted because they aren't needed and would slow down the films. Mostly, they are scenes with a lot of talking in them. ROTS already has a segment with only talking that goes on for too long. We don't need any more of that. And AOTC is, IMO, perfectly balanced. More talk scenes, like the Naberrie ones, would slow it down considerably.

Talking is good - occasionally
    /LM

4. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i think the prequels would be awesome if the deleted scenes were put back in. i would like it for the ot as well, i always thought (besides the jabba scene) thats what the special editions were going to feature not new effects shot but old cut out scenes. i still think he should do that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.