main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters I wrote a backstory for avatar...Ha-ha!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Clone Commander Cassius, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clone Commander Cassius

Clone Commander Cassius Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2016
    [LINK REMOVED]

This was my first attempt at anything fan-fiction related. It took me about two months to write. Most of that time was figuring out what all I wanted my character to do and what battles he was present for, etc. He's a clone pilot and squadron commander. I tried to adhere to canon timelines as much as possible. I wanted it to be a character that actually COULD have been present in the star wars universe. Sort of like the story of 'that one clone flying that tiny ship waaay in the background'. Whats that guys story like? well, my character answers that question...at least for one of unknown number of clones out there.

In my personal life Ive studied the Vietnam War quite a bit and read numerous books, watched several documentaries, talked with several vets around town. So I used those types of stories as inspiration. I looked for Vietnam-esque star wars battles that were already canon and then wrote my character into them. There were many parallels surprisingly - 2nd Geonosis and Ia Drang, Nadiem and Operation Frequent Wind, Null and the A Shau Special Forces camp, etc.

I still have a few pics I need to upload, and make sure everything conforms to style guidelines, etc. but its pretty much done. The only thing missing is the three or four pictures I'm too tired to upload right now. Probably tomorrow or day after. I'm trying to make my page look as professional as possible, like it could almost belong on the regular Wookiepedia. That's the level of writing I'm shooting for.

Like I said this is my first attempt at fan-fic stuff. Any and all criticism welcome, even negative. Read it when you have time (it is kinda long I admit). But read it, let me know what you think. And if anyone wants to include him in their fan fiction, please feel free to do so. Maybe my character has a cold one with your character in the cantina - who knows? Or use mine as inspiration for yours. Feel free to use him any way you like, just make a footnote to give me credit.

But regardless, drop me a line and let me know what you think. Much thanks.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hi there and welcome. I have locked this thread and removed the link as we do not allow threads here in fanfic resource asking for feedback. Nor do we allow links to fanfics not posted on this site. If you have any questions, please see the Fanfic FAQ or PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.