main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Iain McCaig hints at possible major plot point for Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by StompboXX, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Iain McCaig returns to the Art Department work for Episode 3, the Homing Beacon reports. However, he adds a major plot point (spoiler alert):

"In Episode I, when we saw Jake Lloyd, we wondered where's the dark side? Why isn't this kid creepy?" recounts McCaig. "And then, in Episode II, Hayden Christensen came across as a justifiably angry teenager more than a kid who crosses over to the true dark side. Killing the Sand People... they killed his mom! I could go mad and do something like that. So, I kept waiting for the dark side to take hold. In this film, you realize, it's more about Anakin making the wrong choices. He's given a glorious moment by George -- IÂ’m so happy with part of the script -- where he truly has to make a choice. In the end, I think that's a smarter way to go than a slow transformation. It's more tragic this way."

Now what do you guys think, eh?

2. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    This is intriguing. And I agree that it is a better way to go. Give Anakin a choice. Like I said back in the list, I have a feeling this is somehow connected to Padme. It's a plot point that was left hanging in Ep2 and Leia hints at it in ROTJ when she was asked to describe her mother and she described her as "beautiful but sad". So some things must have happened in connection with their relationship. Maybe Anakin was made to choose between the order and Padme. Or maybe the Dark Side will now make its move in the form of Palpatine also offering Anakin several choices.

3. hat_tr1ck

hat_tr1ck Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Maybe the choice Anakin had to make was to choose between heterosexual love with Padme or homosexual love with Obi-Wan...

Hehehehehe...

4. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    So which led to the dark side, hat_tr1ck? Eh?

heh heh.

5. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    wait, what about the relationship with threepio? :D

6. DarthChino

DarthChino Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2003
    Does anakin get to meet the Architect?

Oops wrong movie. :p

7. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    I believe there will be a climactic duel on Mt. Doom. He falls into it, and the Jedi that was once Anakin Skywalker gets destroyed.

The Jar Jar goes, "Mr. Aniiiii!!!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.