main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ICARUS exporting.

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by dvdcdr, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvdcdr

dvdcdr Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2006
    is anyone here familiar with the motiontracking software Icarus? i no how 2 use it, but it seems that i can't export it into the programs i already have. Does anyone no how to export it 2 poser or vue or maybe export it as a bvh file or know of a converter where i can somehow eventually get the camera motion into poser or vue? any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I doubt it could go directly there to the programs you have, but if you had 3ds Max you could export the data to a 3ds Max camera and I believe there is integration of 3ds Max and Vue so you should be able to get a camera from Max into Vue. I highly doubt that poser would be able to import a camera from anywhere, but I could be wrong but Poser isn't supposed to be an entire 3D package, just a specialty program for making characters.

3. Man_from_Naboo

Man_from_Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2004
    It is NOT possible to export data from Icarus to Poser.

You really need a 3D app like 3dsMax, Blender, Cinema4D, Maya etc.

If you want to integrate an animation from Poser into a life action plate, then you need to do this with the help of a real 3D application.

The way to go is: make the animation, import into application, import camera and movement into application from icarus, and you are all set !

Michael

4. dvdcdr

dvdcdr Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2006
    Thanks guys.

I actually did donwload Blender because I heard you could import txt. files from Icarus into it, but I can't seem to get it to work (I did use the peerless productions tutorial and download the python script).

And yeah, there is integration between Max and Vue. The only thing is I downloaded the free trial of Max a few months ago and it expired. So now I'm kinda stuck.

Does anyone know how to use Icarus motion tracking in Blender and then perhaps exporting it? Or is there a file converter out there that will convert motion files? Would it be possible to get it into a BVH and link my camera to whatever object I apply the BVH to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.