main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Ice Cream Maker Guy 3 3/4" Petition Drive and Official Website!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by OCB the Hutt, Aug 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCB the Hutt

OCB the Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 6, 1999
    I created a backstory for a guy who was briefly seen in the halls of Cloud City who was carrying an Ice Cream Maker. Citing recent examples of obscure action figures, Porkins, Wuher, BoShek, Ice Cream Maker Guy certainly fits the bill. I currently have over 800 signatures but it has been said Hasbro wants upto 10,000 before they really take notice. The demand is there but I need help!!!

To find out more, go here ;)

JC Thread About ICMG

And here is the petition form

Petition

[image=http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/f7b79c09/bc/My+Photos/ICMG+Logo.jpg?bcirmd9A.cmc04yG]

Thanks!

2. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001

3. Shairy

Shairy Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    ...7,6,5,4,3,2,1,me me me me!

OMG! ASL? This is so funny! I'm glad I thought of it! *wink*

I have started calling hasbro and told them that I am in charge of the efort to get a special figure for this guy. *picks wax from ear*

OCB you can even help me out with this. I know everyone will listen to me! I'm the greatest... wubba wubba! *pops boil on big toe*

4. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    Porkins and Wuher had lines. Did Ice Cream Maker Guy?? I think not.

How about "Alternate Wedge" guy, you know, the one who was supposed to be Wedge, talking to Luke about womp rats, but Dennis Lawson was unavailable for the scene...?

Actually, I'm in favor of ICMG getting a figure. He has a following, so why the heck not? If they can make 45 different Lukes, then why not ONE ICMG?

Jorgie

5. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    This figure will not be made.
    How do I know?... well first off he has no lines in the movie.

- He is a human background character. There is not a big cult following for him like BoShek or Porkins.

- This character is lame.

- and not to be racist but I have seen on another site that states he is black. The only other black character made so far is Lando. Beside Hasbro knows that 95%+ of collectors are white. I can see the point to this argument though it is wrong to bring up color of one's skin.

- Plus this character will be a peg warmer and I know Hasbro knows this. So I doubt that it will ever be made. Beside, Hasbro has a ton of other characters that they can do first. Maybe in 2006 or 2007 when the Star Wars line is about to die off they might make this figure.

6. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    "The only other black character made so far is Lando."

Wrong...There was also a Bespin Guard in the vintage line. If you wanna get silly you can also say Death Star Droid Freeze Frame (POTF2) and R2-Q5 from POTJ line.

7. OCB the Hutt

Dec 6, 1999
    Thanks BB, those are all reasons you should sign the petition, lack of obscure characters with interesting props, an utter lack of minority action figures, and they are running out of ideas, 2006 or 2007 is perfectly fine with me for a time line and I am sure it is with all 800+ who agree with me ;)

8. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    what about panaka?

9. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    You are correct Club 333 we forget Panaka and Typhoon :D

10. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Ummmmm, Mace Windu

11. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    I forgot the BMF himself. So we have the following

Lando (All Lines)
    Bespin Guard (Vintage Line)
    Deathstar Droid (POTF2 FF)
    R2-Q5 (POTJ)
    Captain Panaka (E1)
    Captain Typho (Saga)
    Mace Windu (E1 and Saga)

12. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    much better numbers than the Philippino representation, I assure you!

;)

13. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    The POTJ has a Asian look about him.

14. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    Well if we're being technical could we also count the Naboo Royal Guard from Episode 1 line???

15. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    There's not enough British or Australian representation in Star Wars movies.

:p

16. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Before this movement with the ICMG, I though the had been identified as a Tibana Gas Miner in the Decipher CCG, anyone else remember this? JMD, do you remember this??

17. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Yes, he is the gas miner on the ccg. He is there with his ICM. There is a problem with the petition. There are several bogus names on it. It may have a 800+ count but, most of those names won't cut it with Hasbro.

18. OCB the Hutt

Dec 6, 1999
    The petition is really secondary to getting the word out that people want this guy, soon people will start putting them on their want lists, Hasbro may even put him on a Fan Choice poll. Oh and I also have a bunch of real signatures coming from Comic Con thanks to the San Diego folks...

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7964172&replies=23

19. OCB the Hutt

Dec 6, 1999
    And getting Hasbro aware even takes a back seat to seeing an Ice Cream Maker carried by a guy whose life is on the line...

For example, Canada invades Indianapolis and your mayor announces over TV that they have taken control of the city, first thing you would do is probably pack a suitcase with some clothes and treasured momentos, not ICMG Willrow Hood, nope he grabs his Ice Cream Maker, his most precious possession and high tails it out of Bespin :p

20. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    I think somebody spilled a big bucket of lame all over this thread.

21. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
    When are we going to get the Aunt Barbeque and Uncle Oven versions? I mean, come on! We have Luke that loses a hand, Anakin and a multisectional Geonosan.. and that Jango Fett...

22. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Totally, what about the lightning damage,smoking Vader too, of Smokin' Luke for that matter? Tortured Han?

23. TK1428

TK1428 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    What about figures of the Twin girls in the Cantina or the Blue Haired chick in Jabba's Palace. or any of Padme's Orange guard girls in E1. What about the Death Sticks guy? And if it is a question of lines....Where Anikin's young friends from E1. Where's the figures for Young Beru and Owen or Owen's father. Major Parts. I think Ice Cream maker guy deserves a figure. I mean what has kit fisto ever done for us. I would rather check out the Blue Twi'lek Jedi Chick in the leather outfit. Grrrrrrr.

24. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    Why dont they just make a figure of every single character in the Star Wars Universe? Then there would be no need for any online petitions. Hasbro can say that they are making every figure and then no one will have to worry anymore because they know their figure is in the works.

25. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
    (hijacking thread..)

YES! We need the Bonnie-version of Beru, in 12 inch size!

mmmBonnie...mmMmmmmmmmmm what a babe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.