main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga *Ice Princess*: A Han and Leia Winter Challenge response- H/L, Romance, rememberance and comfort.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmpressJade, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpressJade

EmpressJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2005
    ~Ice Princess:
    A Han/Leia Winter fanfic Challenge response. ~

Title: Ice Princess
    Author: EmpressJade
    Timeframe: Saga- ESB
    Characters: Han/Leia
    Genre: H/L, Romance, remembrance and comfort

Notes: A response for this month where my challenge is winter scenes where the smuggler and the Princess share a tender moment in this summarized vignette of a missing scene in the best-loved ESB.
    Plus, I?ve always liked the idea of creating something for the happy couple; this is my first-shot at a Han and Leia story. As always
    I do not own these characters.
    Hope you enjoy! [face_praying]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The frigid temperatures of Hoth?s planetary climate was falling, as crystal flakes of snow wafted in the icy gales into the wintry air above the terrains surface.
    The harsh bitterness of cold was turning quite fierce, as the activity was held mostly indoors inside the safety and confinement of Echo Base, one person however was not among those others who sheltered themselves from the cold.
    Of all the planets in this entire galaxy, Leia Organa, Princess of the obliterated world of Alderaan stood outside not so many meters
    away from the large, heavy durasteel doors of the base from behind.
    She wore white, padded thermal garments as well as a long, silken, pure-white scarf that had been wrapped several times around her neck, almost covering the lower section of her face, her delicate arms wrapped around her frame as she tried to keep warm from the intense cold.

Leia had never felt such a chill cling onto her body for clearly she had a lot on her mind right now?
    It had been only a few hours since she had her last conversation with that ?nerf-herder?, and never had she felt such insults pitted against her, and then there was Luke, he had not come back for hours and dusk was starting to fall.
    She thought she'd go outside away from the commotion of Rebel matters to where she can clear her head, despite the heavy weather she knew that she had been in worse traits than this wintry weather whilst serving the rebellion, as that thought she squeezed both her eyes shut making it look as though she was keeping the snow out of her eyes, but it had been the painful memories she wanted to keep blotted out her mind. To keep buried deep within the snow. Much Worse.
    She reopened her chocolate-brown eyes to continue scanning the snowy terrain; she could not keep track of time without a chrono,
    but she guessed she had been there a long time, many minutes??hours even?she did not know.
    Her mind had been awakened by the noise of a howling icy wind that awakened a flicker of a memory she could not escape from.
    For only a moment she imagined she heard the trill voices of million of screams that pierced her thoughts, and she remembered?
    Not now?there is work to be done for the sake of the Rebellion ?I cannot let it show, not again. Come on girl, you have a duty to do.

It had been almost 3 years since it had happened. Since that day she was bound by her grief of watching the many innocent lives
    of her people, her family wiped out from existence?Her arms felt cold and empty, as her loss of comfort began calling out to her again.
    Never again?I will never loose those I care for again.

She pulled her silk scarf down from her face and wrapped it tighter around her neck as the cold started to nip at her flesh.
    As she tried to keep out the extreme cold, she also tried hard to keep out those thoughts of memories gone before, happy memories,
    of fun and games, of playing in the snow, being held by the strong loving hands of her father whom she missed most dearly.
    That was then this is now.

She had never felt these emotions take over her as she tried shaking them off from overwhelming her, but secretly after all that?s
    Happened, even the rebellion?s victory against the Empire by, during that celebration on Yavin IV, bedsides the support from the
    Rebel fleet she received each day, had she not felt s

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Awww! That was sweet. [face_love]

3. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    That was amazing, really sweet and really romantic, I loved the way you wrote this. Great job EmpressJade =D=

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwwww....that was soooooo sweet

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved how Han "lifted" Leia's spirits.

Beautiful job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    =D=Very enjoyable and sweet.

I really liked the ending and the snow angles. =D=

6. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that was really cute :)

7. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    PonyTricks: Awww! That was sweet.
    Thankyou, very much. :)

Star_Angel: That was amazing, really sweet and really romantic, I loved the way you wrote this. Great job EmpressJade.

Thankyou for reading this Star_Angel, I really appreaciate your kind words ,also I wanted to try and write something were Han and Leia really do express their inner feelings for each other.

KELIA: I loved how Han "lifted" Leia's spirits. Beautiful job on this

[face_blush] :) Thankyou very much Kelia, after all that has happened to her on the Death Star
    and loosing her family so I'd thought i'd let Han get her back on her feet
    again and let her see the bright side of winter and to relieve herself
    of painful memories and change them into happy ones. I very much appreacite your kind comment on this.

KILIK:I'm glad to see that you liked the ending with the snow angels Iv'e finished the stroy with and that you found it enjoyable, thankyou for reading this.:)

Alishu06:Thankyou. I'm happy to see you liked it.

~To the readers of this fic, Happy December to you all![:D]

8. jasminesolo

jasminesolo Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2006
    2 thumbs up EmpressJade Very sweet!

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Nice job EmpressJade

Two angels perfectly carved into the snow, two couple with wings of ice. Made together side-by side, and they looked magnificent. Now did Leia realize with Han by her side, she was not alone.

I have to say that if only one thing happened that snowy day, Leia discovered why it should be Han and not Luke. (of course not knowing the whole brother thing yet)

It was then Han looked at her with deep eyes taking in her essence and looked as if he?d saddened a little by understanding how she felt all this time for him leaving, but the silence was sealed with a comforting embrace as Han let Leia into his arms and held her as the snow continued to fall around them, as the stars of night began to take form into the twilight sky, as they shined down upon the two,
    with their guardian angels of snow by their side?

Beautiful ending to a great entry..

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awwww, just sweet and full of warm fuzzies. [face_love] [face_love]

11. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Loved this vignette! It truly showcased how Han always seems to know exactly what Leia is thinking, and what she needs. So, Leia finally told him that she didn't want him to leave, and admitted her feelings.He is her guardian angel, and this proves why Han is the one for her. Well done!

12. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    jasminesolo:Thankyou!!:)I'm glad you liked it. ;)

Lola64: I have to say that if only one thing happened that snowy day, Leia discovered why it should be Han and not Luke. (of course not knowing the whole brother thing yet)

For this fic I thought it would be nice to see Leia confessing her true feelings to Han, even though at this time she does not know that Luke
    is her brother though but the challenge was aimed for Han and Leia.

Beautiful ending to a great entry..
    Awww...I'm glad you liked the ending Lola,[face_blush] :) thankyou for your kind comments.

Healer Leona:I'm happy you think it's sweet too Leona,:)Thanks!!

dm1: Thankyou for your such kind words dm1![:D]
    I'm really happy you enjoyed this vignette, and that you liked the interaction between Han and Leia.:)

~*~

To all viewers of this fic, thankyou very much
    for reading and that you have enjoyed it and shared your comments, wishing you all a very merry Christmas this December!!
    [face_peace]

~*~ E_J ~*~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.