main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Iced Tea

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by woodlebert1, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    Umm, this is a really weird question. but can any of you give me the method for making iced tea? i need to know and fast....zzzzzzooom *ahem* sorry. and secondly, does it actually taste like lipton iced tea (gorgeous btw) or does it have its own, "homemade" flavour?

thanks in advance for your swift responses

woodlebert

2. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    i never liked lipton ice, but i've made my own and quite enjoyed it, my method could be wrong but i did it like this.]

brewed up as normal with tea bags added sugar and lemons, let it cool and put it in the fridge for a while then served with ice, it was lush. i would suggest cleaning your kettle though if you're one who leaves water in it and boils the same water over and over. that or get a britta kettle-good water is what makes it drinkable!

3. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
      Bring 5 cups of fresh cold water to a boil. Pour over 5 tea bags.

Steep for 3 - 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and add 3 - 5 cups of cold water (depending on your preference of tea strength).

Pour over ice in glass. Add sugar or sweetener and top with lemon.

Relax and enjoy.

4. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    *drool* I loooove Liptons Ice Tea. Lovely jubbly.

5. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    kk thanks nathan sith. umm how much lemon/sugar do you propose i put in. teaspoon amounts or anything will do....

thanks a lot tho

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I am not keen on Ice Tea, but I do love Ice Coffee - in US you can get these handy Starbucks ice coffee glasses in shops, goes down a treat at brekkie ;)

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you are brewing this for yourself, add it to your taste. If you are brewing a jug to share, let the individual drinkers add their own lemon/sugar in their glasses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.