main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Ice's Work of Art! {Updated May 09, 2006}

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ice_Ghost11, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
  2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome, Ice_Ghost11!

I really like the character sketches you have here. You have a nice variety to offer. The ones of the twi'leks are my favorite. Just one small note - in a few of your drawings, I noticed that the proportions are a little off. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that they are not human characters and their species looks like that, but it's just something I noticed. Especially the head being too large. Other than that, you have some real potential. I can't wait to see more of your work! :D

3. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Very, very beautiful work, Ice. :) I can't wait to see some more.

4. Lord_Anunnaki

Lord_Anunnaki Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005

I like the picture of the Red Twiliek girl by the cave i think its cute :)

5. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I really like the work you've done, you have a good idea for line and the pic of the Togorian Jedi is my favorite. The little details of fur are really neat, keep it up.

6. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Thanks guys. :D

And as for the proportion problems, I'll be the first to admit I'm still learning. Hands, heads, and faces are the hardest things for me.

For Twi'leks, you'll find the head is sometimes bigger, due to the lekku, but that could jsut be my interpretion of it all [face_worried]

Anyway, thansk again guys! :D

7. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Pretty colours and personal style! I like it! I liked most the second and the last one. Second for the colours the last for interesting character.
    :D
    Marmida

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome, Ice_Ghost11! I am really liking your renditions of aliens (especially since I can't do them! :p )--Abth and Roc'th are very good. I like the movement in your figures, too--they "flow" very well, and don't seem stiff or static. As to proportions-- they get easier with practice, practice, practice! You have a great style, and I am really looking forward to seeing it develop! Keep posting!

FF

9. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Thank you FF and Marmida.

I hope to get a few more things done up soon, I'll post them when they're complete. :D

Speaking of which, I hadn't uploaded this to my host, so I forgot about it. It's another Twi'lek. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Em4SKI/My%20Drawings/BH_Idea.jpg

I drew inspiration from the Mandalorian Armor. The lightsaber there I'm not sure of its history, it fit in the picture, so I placed it there. :) What do ya think?

10. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    This an image I edited recently to fit a character on my RP. Her name is Kamira Bree, she's a Jedi Healer, played by my sis, Rhonda.

http://em4ski.250free.com/Kamira2.jpg

The base image is of Bria Tharen, taken from the New Essential Guide to Characters. I made the hair more of dark/reddish brown, lightened her face, and then used the airbrush to add the blonde highlights. :D All done in Gimp 2.0 :D

What ya'll think?

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice additions! Like I mentioned before, I really like how you render your Twi'lek characters. You have some nice movement in the pose you chose in the recent one and I also like her clothes. :)

And I thought that was Bria! You changed her just enough to call her your own character. ;)

12. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    [face_batting]

I like the new me very much. ;)

These are great Em.

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice pose you have your most recent Twi'lek in! Lots of movement, and I like the way you've outfitted her (the face veil is a nice touch!). How are you coloring these? They look great!

FF

14. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    HanSolo29, thanks for your comments. For me action poses are so much easier than a person just standing still. But that's just me. ;)

Thanks, Sis! [:D] Oh and a tip, I found that zooming in to about 400 when I'm adding things (like the blonde highlights) is much easier. I can see evertyhing better, the lines and stuff. Just a hint! :D

FF, this might sound somewhat funny, but I color my drawings with colored pencil. I've been working on getting the hang of using Gimp, but the 'Help' feature won't work, so I'm somewhat on my own. ;) I like the colored pencil though, I have fun with it. :)

Once again, thank you all for your nice comments. :)

15. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Wow, I found my thread on the 12th page. :D I need to update it more.

So far, only done a couple things lately.

Allow me to introduce Jedi Knight Jobec Tular. He's the character of my significant other and I did a depection of him. I'm still meaning to work up a picture of my character, Eliese Inele, who works beside Jobec as a Jedi Knight. She too is a Twi'lek, cyan in color. As a tribute to one another, their tabbards are trimmed in the color of the other's skin, Eliese's lightsaber is yellow and Jobec's are cyan. :D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Em4SKI/Jobec_Sketch2.jpg

I also did another picture in Gimp, this is the orginal http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Em4SKI/untitled.bmp -- and I changed it to this http://em4ski.250free.com/AyaRaleen2.jpg I redid the color of the cloth there, changed the background, and I also did a lot of editing around the eyes to make her not look so... evil ;)

I'm very proud of both of these and I have another project in the works, it'll be my first multi-charater picture. I'll get it up soon.

16. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Cool jedi picture. I like the unusual design for his tabards and his boots... the little backstory about the green trim adds life to the picture, too.

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I really love the robes you designed for this particular character. The bright cyan offsets the whole uniform nicely. And nice touch to the fabric itself - you're starting to imitate folds. This is really evident in the pants around the knee where the boot meets the pants themselves. Keep up the great work! :)

18. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Your characters have real life to them. Great work!

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Yet another male Twi'lek! It's nice to see them in the art that's coming out! I really like Jobec's robes--very distinctive, and well-colored (and good use of the colored pencils, btw! I'm only just having a go at those myself...not an easy medium!). I like the design you've added to the lightsaber hilts, too--nice! Good edit on the other picture, too--she looks quite different (and a lot less "evil!"). Keep up the nice work!

FF

20. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Thank you muchly for your feedback. It's really great to hear what people think. Moreso than just, "that's cool" and no more comment. It's also nice to hear people tell me what I need work on! :D So thank you all very much.

21. Spin

Spin Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    I didn't really check through the comments much, so I don't know if anyones pointed this out. Do forgive me if they have. I don't want to sound like a broken record. I like your piece with the Red Twi'lek by the cave there. I almost want to say it reminds me of A Tomb Raider-ish pose though for some reason. XD Thing I noticed is one of her legs looks a bit long. Maybe it's just my eyes though. :) Very nice though! Keep up the good work.

22. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Hey spin, I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes make limbs longer than they should be. ;) It's one of the things I need to work through as an artist, thank you for your comments.

And by the way, nice coice on avatars, I used that one for a while at one point. :D ;)

23. Spin

Spin Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    It happens. It happens to me too. ^-^;; I wasn't sure if I should say anything, but hey I know it helps..er..if you don't mind that sort of thing.:)

24. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    I believe I said that earlier. ;) Thanks for your comments.

25. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Well, I've definately drawn better, but here's the latest. The arm is a bit long, the one foot is bigger than the other... okay fine the whole leg! :p the face is off, but, I mostly wanted to try my hand at a flight suit type of outfit. Which I think it came out nicely. :D The colors are abit shabby, I did them at 9am when I was half asleep. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Em4SKI/My%20Drawings/Ice_coloredsketch.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.