main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Icon and Banner

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Now that we're official, I think it's time we voted on a user icon and a banner for the top of the board. I'm open for suggestions and ideas for the banner (what should go on it, etc.) I already have a slogan for it: "Reading Red Squadron: Berks County's Source for Star Wars Fandom" Like? Any Suggestions?

And here is an idea for the icon. Let me know what you think. Click Me!

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  2. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    sounds like a good idea to me, and i like the icon

3. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Looks good to be, though doesn't the x-wing and the symbol look a little faded, or is that intentionally?

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad you like it, Bryan :)

And Crazed...it's supposed to look like that. There's a starburst behind the X-Wing and it's reflecting off of the symbol and casting the X-Wing somewhat into shadow, which makes it appear faded.

5. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I like the icon guys. Good job.

I would say that you should attempt to make your own banner. I had a blast setting ours up...and it's almost done(I'm slow as hell).

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...I can't get the link to work. ?[face_plain]

7. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Oops. Sorry. Fixed. My typing aint what it used to be!

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice...I like the pictures you chose to be on it. I just need to figure out how in the world you got your banner on the boards and changed the color.

9. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I could help with that. What colors would you like to use and where? If you give them to me, then I can show you what they'll look like on your board.

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I probably won't know what colors I would want until I get at least a rough version of the banner done. I'll get back to you when I have decided. :)

11. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    I like the icon.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks, Wesmin! :)

So, does anyone have any ideas for a banner? I would really like to get started on this...not to mention a website (Crazed...)

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    :eek: [face_blush]

How did I miss this thread?

I love the icon...very sweet.

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

14. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    not to mention a website (Crazed...) I'm waiting for the banner ;)

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    And I didn't start a banner because nobody seems to be interested since they're not throwing out ideas...

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    And yet another *Bump*

17. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    ok here are some ideas:
    -I think it should obviously have some X-wings in it since we are reading red squadron
    -probably a rebel sign somewhere
    - maybe add a litlle bit of the darkside somehow ( darth vader, stormtrooper, tie fighter; something)
    -Make sure you get the colors right
    organic and flowing= light side
    clean cut and mechanical= dark side

Well that should be enough suggestions to at least get you started and maybe hype up this thread a bit :)

18. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    @Han: You just love that PotC quote, don't you? And the "REALLY BAD EGGS!" :p

Hmm...yeah, Bryan...I agree...and maybe the pagoda, cause that's pretty much Reading's symbol...thing ;)

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice ideas, Bryan. I agree with you on just about all of them. I think I'm gonna take your word for it and whip something up! :)

And Crazed, why yes I do love that quote :D I wouldn't have put in into my sig. if I didn't. ;)

20. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Did you do your 'whipping' yet, Han? :p

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    No...my whip broke! :(

Anyway, I'll be getting around to it soon. What do you guys think of a flyer also to put into stores?

22. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah that might be a nice idea

23. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...shouldn't that be in advertising? Anyway, as I've said, ya, that's a good idea

24. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    While we are speaking of all of this. How is the website coming crazed?

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I have an update on the banner. So far, I have the city skyline as the background and I have Vader in the left hand corner. I didn't get further because my comp. was being laggy. Anyway, I'll try to have a link up to it later today.

And on a side note, Crazed, you are free to start on the website at any time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.