Provo Icon idea

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 28, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I've seen a lot of Fanforces with icons and someone on the CR boards was mentioning talking to RSAs about uploading them as an icon. Now that we have a name, anyone interested in putting together an icon? Any ideas for a format?
  2. kateydidnt Force Ghost

star 4
    Well,I'm no good with designing anything like that, But I'll poke my roommate. Now that we have a Chapter Name she said she might try her hand at designing our banner too...
  3. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    It might be funny, since we're the Jedi Training Academy, Provo Campus, to do a spoof on the logo of either BYU or UVSC, since those are the colleges in our area.
  4. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Master

star 4
    ... I TOLD you I can't do the banner because of my lacking css knowledge, Kateydidnt. But I'd LOVE to do the icon :D
    Just send images ideas etc my way... (I have no SW pictures)
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Well, we can start putting together ideas. If you've seen the BYU seal, which has a beehive in the middle and a circle with Brigham Young University, around it and Est. 1875 in the middle, my idea is a picture of a lightsaber over a beehive (for utah) and "Jedi Training Academy" around the edge with "Provo Campus" where Est. 1875 is usually.

But that's just one idea. I'd love to hear more.
  6. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^ since I just graduated from institution I'll have to say, yes I am familar ;)
    What size do icons have to be in this forum? PixelxPixel?
  7. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
  8. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Preferrably 50x50 (as most other Chapter icons are).

9. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
  10. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Master

star 4
    so small =(
    Well all I need now is to be pointed in the direction of a website that lets you use their star wars pics for fanforce icons and the like.
  11. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    You might try asking in the Fan Art forum.
  12. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Master

star 4
    It wasn't hard to get a lightsaber, character pics would have been tough. However with 50X50 there is VERY little you can do with text. I was very lucky to get "Provo in a readable size on it. (Yes there is a beehive behind that. suggestions? comments, concerns?
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/SWprovoicon1.jpg
  13. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Try using a sans-serif font.

Dana
  14. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Master

star 4
    Tacoma, a sans serif is used on this one, maybe friendly colors too. It has Jedi Training Academy on it... but I don't know if that ends up being more of a distraction to the overall design.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/SWprovoicon2.jpg
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I like both, but the second one seems a bit...busy. What do the rest of you think?
  16. kateydidnt Force Ghost

star 4
    As I told you last night Eowyn, try it with the colors of the second one but without the Jedi Training Academy on it. I think that would be perfect.
  17. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, I agree with that.
  18. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, I'm changing it. I'll make the Jedi Training Academy at 21% opacity so it barely shows.
    Also- Do you guys like the blue and purple thing? Or are there any colors which you think would represent the Provo fanforce better? Do/Can we want there to be any animation to it? E.g. color changing Provo text, or whatever.
  19. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Is there a way to do green in there somewhere? Is that the color that I see associated with UVSC or is that my mind playing tricks on me?
  20. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm working on an icon, I'm just too lazy (and using my mom's laptop, not my desktop atm) to upload it just yet. I'll see if I can upload it to show you guys tonight.

Dana
  21. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
  22. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Master

star 4

frankly I think the more I do, the worse it's getting. -_-;;

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/SWprovoicon3.jpg
  23. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Have you thought of putting "Provo, UT" in the circle where it has more room and Jedi Training at the bottom, where Provo is now?
  24. MiaTiska Jedi Knight

star 1
    We could do a mini-icon contest? Not that we have any prizes to give out, but...

Gimme a bit and I can see if I can come up with something, maybe...

-Mia
  25. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby