main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ICON Sat. March 29, Long Island

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i know this is short notice, but i wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to know about this and decide if this is something they'd like to do. this saturday, march 29, is ICON - a sci-fi convention in long island. what we'd like to do is get a ride to or drive&park in new london (or possibly bridgeport) CT and take the ferry to long island where we may be able to get a ride to the con. price of admission seems to be $33. the LI FF is trying to see if someone can pick us up on the island to save us the cost of transporting a car on the ferry (as there is limited public transportation available).

i'd really like to go, and it'd be great to get a bunch of us to go as a group! let me know if you're interested. we're still trying to arrange details with the LI FF

edit(s): typos [face_blush]

2. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I hope to see you all there. I'd love to meet you guys. :)

3. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I am very interested in going...although Carrie already knows this :p ...I hope that all works out and it seems like it would be a great time :D

4. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    yay! :)

well i think what i'm going to do is just go to the bridgeport ferry and do that, cause the rates for putting a car on the ferry go down the more people you have. i'm sure we can work something out. this is looking like our only option cause i looked into public transportation and there seems to be none. so...i can take 4 passengers total in my car so if you wanna go speak now or forever hold your peace :p

5. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Oooh, ooooh, ooh...

*raises hand*

;)

:p

Hehe, how many people are we looking are going...or have expressed desire to go? ;)

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Yay!! It will be great to see you guys again :)

7. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    all right just as a heads up, the ferry needs our reservation at least 3 hours in advance (but i'd like to give it at least 1 day in advance)...but they only take it will a deposit of the full fare...and the fare goes by how many passangers you have with you. so i'd like to get a definite number by, say, thursday evening, on who'd like to go. again this is just a heads up :)

i'm really looking forward to this :)

8. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Looking forward to seeing you at Icon.

John

9. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Is that a one day deal and what not. I'll talk to you online about it hopefully Carrie. =)

10. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    last call :)

we're going to take the new london ferry cause additional passangers pay $16 for a round trip ticket. i've got room for 2 more. i'll be making reservation early tomorrow afternoon.

11. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey Hey...

Mike from SWNYC just reporting in and want to thank all the pretty people from Rhode Island that showed up to I-Con. We have some pictures up already so check out the NY fan force message boards. Hope ya all had a great time and lookin' forward to meeting you again soon. ;)

Mike C ;)

12. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    It was nice to meet you all. I had a great time.

13. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Nice meeting everyone who was there. Glad to hear you had a great time.

John

14. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Was alot of fun. Glad I went. Nice meeting you all. The ferry ride over freaked me out! I hope I remember how to swim!...I just had a donut...cramps!

15. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    had an awesome time! thanks again for inviting us :)

16. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    It was great to see you guys again! Sorry I couldn't spend more time with you but it was crazy! Hope to see you guys again soon.

Smoochies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.