Icon Thread--Version 7: Don't underestimate the power of the icons...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by droideka27, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    I've been trying to get Easter icons on these Boards for the last few years, and every year they say "no". I'm just about ready to give up on that one.

And I guess I missed all the Hasselhoff icon crap on April Fools, eh? Now I'm glad I didn't post on that day. ;)
  2. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    I really don't see the fuss over the Easter icons. I'm in favor of them, fully.

Because something is uploaded as an icon, it shouldn't be seen as "forcing it in the user's faces". If someone doesn't like an icon...or doesn't agree with an icon...then just don't use that icon. If it's really so much that people have to get worked up over, I think it's like DV said; that user (or group of users) should take a break from the internet, the JC forums, and get some fresh air.

That being said, if we have Easter icons...I think it would be a nice thing to see. Afterall, we have Christmas icons, don't we?
  3. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    The YJCC all agree that we need a war rhino icon. I made one, if any one wants to give it a shot they're free to.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/Fettscape/WARRHINOJCC.gif]
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
  5. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    People don't seem to be "offended" by the Christmas ones. And some of those portray religion symbols (Jesus Christ, crosses, etc). And there are also Jewish icons among them. I'm not Jewish, and I don't get offended by those.
  6. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Precisely. :)

On a side note, is that the rhino from 300?
  7. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    That is. It is the JCC's latest big in-joke.
  8. KingoftheAT-ATs Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey! Did a couple of mine make it?!
  9. Evil Incarnate Force Ghost

star 6
    http://evilkingwiggins.proboards19.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=1112422179&page=1

24 New Icons, enjoy![/link] :)

Evil.
  10. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    I see some screen caps from "Star Wars Spoofs" in there. ;)
  11. Vana Force Ghost

star 3
    Nice icons, Evil :)

What is SW spoofs?
  12. Evil Incarnate Force Ghost

star 6
  13. Vana Force Ghost

star 3
  14. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    Now that the 2007 NHL Stanley Cup Play-Offs are beginning this week, I want to post my hockey icons! [face_dancing] Go Sharks!!

NHL Play-Offs icons
  15. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
  16. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Okay, so as most of you have probably figured out, we didn't do anything with Easter icons this year. Too many things going on and that didn't get done in time, both by myself and others. However, I have brought this up in MS and we'll be sorting through things and coming up with a plan of action for next time (deciding whether we do them or not.) Thanks for the input and discussion - it does get noticed!

Next, I've uploaded some of the icons from the past few votes, as well as updated the poll page with new images. Please check those out and watch for some other uploads and whatnot later this week. Lastly, I decided to put a simple poll of my own together to evaluate where we're at with the icons as a whole. This is something I was thinking about even before April Fool's, but wanted to wait until that was over just so people wouldn't think this was a joke as well. :p If you could take a second and answer the few questions here I'd really appreciate it!

As always, thanks for the hard work and consistency around here. Keep it up!
  17. Theron Force Ghost

star 4
    New Icons

Nice icons Wiggins, bout time someone does a Trioculus icon (although I cannot stand that character). Really like your tall icon with the saber.
  18. malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Master

star 4
    When are the NHL icons going up?
  19. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    Soon, I hope. [face_praying] Play-offs start Wednesday! [face_dancing] Go Sharks!!
  20. KingoftheAT-ATs Force Ghost

star 4
    NHL come on!!! Let's go Rangers, let's go! *Clap-clap* Let's go Rangers, let's go! *Clap-clap*...
  21. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Just want to add that the NBA playoffs are very near too, so for whoever is willing to make them, just a early heads up. :)
  22. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    I could care less about basketball... :p Hockey is all that matters. :D All I know is that the Warriors are fighting for the 8th play-off spot.

Oops. And this thread is about icons. [face_blush]
  23. Vana Force Ghost

star 3
    >>DevEditor: good job :) I'm happy my Sev icon was chosen, this character definitly needed one.

>>Theron: my favorite is the Commander Gree icon :D
  24. KingoftheAT-ATs Force Ghost

star 4
    You took the words right outta my mouth, DS!! Right on!

:D
  25. Historical_Shadow Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd like to get into making icons. I'm reading up on procedures and such, hope to start turning some out soon. :)
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.