main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Icon Thread--Version 8: The icons are fine, we're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DVeditor, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    Hello, first time suggesting something...

I was curious...since Ben Burtt helped design and voiced WALL-E, do you think we could have a WALL-E icon? :)

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I could be mistaken, but I believe that DVeditor had said in the past (at some point) that we can make icons for upcoming movies/blockbusters. It's been a bit since I read that, so maybe you can double check or someone can clarify. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but that's the bulk of it, I think.

3. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    Oh, okay. I don't know how to make the icons myself actually...but maybe someone interestedi s up for the project if it is allowed.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I've never made or suggested an icon before, so any assistance would be nice. I noticed that there are no Jariah Syn icons. We should fix that.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/57/JariahSyn.jpg] or [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/5e/Jariah_Syn.jpg] would make for good icons.

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I've made an Imperial Shadow Guard Icon, seeing as we are lacking in them.

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/blananar/kevmascolcha/icon_shadowguard.gif]

And I've also done one of Jariah Syn, just for grins.

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/blananar/kevmascolcha/icon_jariahsyn.gif]

6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    cool. What program do you use to make the icons?

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I use what I can get my hands on. Adobe Photoshop Elements was used for those ones.

8. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    It's been sometime but I finally have a new update.

I've been out of the game for a bit, so hopefully I'm still up to snuff.

9. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I use Paint Shop Pro mostly these days

Very nice - they've got style. Lando is my favorite.

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I've remade my icon site of old, into a new one, including old icons I've made.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Woah, I didn't even realize this icon of mine I'm using now had been uploaded. When did that happen? :p Well, thanks.

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Nice update. I like this one a lot.

13. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Thanks Thrawn and Rebel. It's been a while since I've made icons for TF.n, so I'm happy they're still acceptable! :)

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Why are the Celtics & Lakers icons still up? The Finals have been over for 2 weeks now.

2008: The 50th season of L.A. Dodger baseball! :cool:

**** Boston

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    DV is actually busy with moving and other RL stuff - he hasn't been on here in a few days. Once he returns I'm sure he will clean up any old 'special-occasion' icons and catch up on the backlog of new icons.

16. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    As one of his minions, can we give you a battlefield promotion until he returns?

Also: I think I'm the only one voting - y'all are getting lazy.

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Unfortunately I don't know what he does with the icons - I'd probably screw it up! I have access to the server so I could load them but I've never done it.

18. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Do you happen to have a link to the page? I'm not sure if my voting rights have been revoked, since I was gone for nearly a year. I'm always all for voting, though. :)

19. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't want to put any pressure on you to usurp DV's plans, but I was thinking of any obvious in-need-of-uploading ones, like requests (I did one for SuperWatto on the previous page for instance - I'd feel bad if he were stuck waiting for it for another month). But like I said: no pressure intended. [face_peace]

Here:
    http://fan-files.com/jc/index.php

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks for the link. I don't know too much about the new voting system DV set up.

21. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Hey all, I wanted to quickly bring you up to speed on where we're at with a few things. Like LAJ mentioned, I thought I was moving this month but it turns out I'm not so a lot of away-time on the forums in preparation for that has kinda gone to waste. :p That said I'm here (NE) for a while now and wanted to hone in on a few issues:

TFN "10" Icons
    Don't worry, I didn't deface your images for good. :p We decided it would be fun to add a "10" logo (made by Dark_Jedi_Kenobi) to some of the existing icons we had around here as an added bonus for the special day. The new icons for this event will stay, the "10" ones will be taken down after everything dies down here from the celebration. :)

Voting Site
    How is this working out for you? Any major issues still around? I'm taking a group of images off of the site today/tomorrow for uploading so don't panic if you see some missing!

Summer Icon Project
    I really liked this idea - I think it'd be a great way to kick-start the Comms discussion (I'm ready for a new thread) and really attack the dusty corners of the icons. I have pages of pruning notes (I <3 NYCitygurl) that I want to act on as well. Perhaps what we'll do is begin identifying areas we need images, move/prune the duplicates and fix category errors, and then upload a ton of new material starting later this month? Anyone have ideas, input, or suggestions?

Feedback?
    Anything else on your minds?

What was said about blockbuster films is true, the catch with those was we had to have a thread for them somewhere. That said, if someone make a Wall-E icon with Burtt in it somewhere I'd upload it for sure. :D
    [face_laugh] Minions? If anything I'm her minion - she could delete me. :p
    I added you back in mate - I've been adding people manually to the database so I just needed to know if you were interested. ;) I sent you a PM with details.

22. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Hi, DV...I sent you a PM a little while ago about a Star Wars Weekends icon that Gimer made for me. Did you get a chance to have a look at it?

23. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    On the issue of the off site voting, it still won't tell me that any icon has over one vote, but since you said you were gong to take some off the site and upload them soon, DV, I assume you can see the number of votes?

24. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Hello everyone. :)
    I was told that I can make a suggestion for a JC icon in here. I have a picture, but I'm not very good with photoshop and making my own icons.
    Could anyone make an icon out of this:
    [image=http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m431/darthana2137/tagbink_aotc_fireplace.jpg]

It is from "Tag & Bink: Revenge of the Clone Menace" comic by Dark Horse. This page: [image=http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m431/darthana2137/tagbink_aotc.jpg]

Also, what are the chances of it becoming a full-fledged JC icon? [face_praying] ;)

25. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Is there a Jedi padme icon yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.