Icon Thread--Version 9: The icons are merciless. They take everything from you.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DVeditor, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Welcome to the 9th version of the icon submission thread. I, DVeditor, am the current icon manager. My job is to not only take care of our current images, but also to facilitate and oversee the selection of new ones. These are created by icon artists around the forums, voted on, and then uploaded by me.

This thread serves as the community for Icon Artists. Here, icon artists/makers post their icons for consideration. As one who creates icons, you should be critiquing each other's work, sharing ideas and comments, and generally participating to increase the quality of JC Icons as a whole.

Everyone is welcome to submit icons, though only users who contribute icons and post in this thread on a consistent basis are invited to vote on which icons should be uploaded. Remember, ANYONE can submit an icon, just make sure it follows the rules below!

Important Links

- JC Icon Menu
    - Icon Voting Page

Common Icon Questions

When is the next upload?
    Soon! Seriously, this depends on a multitude of factors that cannot fully be expressed here. I will do my best to keep you informed, however.

I can't find my favorite icon in the current upload - how can it be included in a future one?
    At any given time we have several hundred images being carefully considered for future use, and as a result only a percentage can be included in the votes each time around. If you make an icon that you really like and don't see it around the JC, you might try posting it for feedback in the icon thread or shooting PM me about it.

I don't agree with a decision that was made, what do I do?
    Please send me a PM right away - I assure you I will do my best to work things out for everyone.

The Rules:

Icon Size

Icons can be three sizes:
    - 50x50, Regular
    - 90x30, Tall
    - 30x90, Widescreen

Icon Format

All icon submissions should be in .gif, .jpg, or .png image format.

Icon Content

All icons must be in some way Star Wars related, or related to other content created by LucasFilm, LucasArts, or other Lucas companies. Icons from official sources is preferred, but usually anything can qualify for the vote if it is modified in some way to tie it into Star Wars or other LFL material (example: Muppets with lightsabers.)

Any upcoming films that fit into the Science Fiction and Fantasy: Films/Television forum can have icons up to the release of the film in the US. If you see a new film being talked about in SFF, feel free to submit icons for it just as you would regular ones.

Sporting events discussed in The Arena can also have temporary icons during the event - please contact the icon manager for details or requests.

Note: Special events and/or themes will often be exceptions to this rule. When a new holiday, event, or theme is announced the allowed content will be clarified at that time.

Your Icon Webpage

This system allows icon makers to upload any number of images for permenant storage. This means no more lost images or missing votes on your work, each icon you upload will remain in the system forever unless it is uploaded for use on the JC. Adding the name of the person, place, or object to the filename is important, and also very helpful for obscure characters or references. You do not need to add descriptions to your icons, but adding info to the filename really helps!

JC Icon Familiarity

As an Icon Artist here at the JC, it is advised that you become familiar with the icons currently uploaded. We currently have over 4,400 icons in a multitude of different categor
  2. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Yay! He's back!

Question: How can I get into the voting site?
  3. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Glad to see the new thread. I know it's been mentioned by me for weeks (months?) but I'll have an update soon. Just trying to buckle down RL issues.
  4. Theron Force Ghost

star 4
  5. Manda_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    YAY! Shiny new thread!

*Dances about*

:D

Nice new update Theron, good to see you back DV!

:)
  6. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Version 9! I will have to put in a request for some new Obi-Wan icons! :D
  7. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
  8. R2RNOT Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow, haven't been to the JC forums in forever! Very cool to see the icon threads are still going strong. I remember Theron and he is still making nice ones, I see. Sadly, I let my icon site die. :( Anyway, just wanted to say hi and good job. :)
  9. Theron Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey R2RNOT! Long time no see, been some years. Yeah I'm still around making icons now and then.
  10. KingoftheAT-ATs Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow. Fresh thread for icons. Very neat-o. Anyway, just checking in. I'm still trying to find time to make icons; and now with me being a college student it will be harder than ever, but I will work things out and eventually make time to continue creating icons... I hope...

Nice job, still, everyone! Keep it up and I hope to be back soon!
  11. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    http://fan-files.com/jc/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=15

Here are all my icons, my personal favourite is beardless George
  12. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Glad to see everything worked! :)
    Welcome back! If you ever feel like making some again we'd love to have you! :)
  13. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    Can I make a request? [face_batting]

Could we have an icon of Lando with the cape and cane? Someone put the image on the Lit banner a few weeks back, could we icon it?

CJM
  14. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    I've been sitting on a few icons for awhile...figured I'd get them out while also testing out the new (to me) upload page.

This isn't a huge update and not the one I've been working on. Just wanted to get this out.
  15. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    HALLOWEEN ICON REQUESTS

Lord Summerisle

[image=http://jmlsite.free.fr/wml2.jpg]

Jester from Puppet Master

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/Chipmunk1966/Puppet%20Master/VTS_01_3VOB_001576164smaller.jpg]

Killer Klowns

[image=http://ricksflickspicks.animationblogspot.com/files/2006/11/KillerKlowns.jpg]

I'll think of more
  16. Crash_Davis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I requested this in the old thread for a Halloween icon, but I'll repost it here:

[image=http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/rlj_07/smallalienegg.jpg]
  17. JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, I have a quick question. How do we know if the icons actually get accepted? I saw two Jixton icons by clicking on the "12 new icons" link, along with many others, but when I looked for them on here, I couldn't find them.

I'm kinda new at this part of the JCC boards, so any information would be helpful. Thanks!

- Serena
  18. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Whenever the next vote is, whenever that will be. [face_whistling]
  19. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Where the hell are the icon makers? There once was a time when I could enter this thread, demand an icon, and get it by the end of the day. Are we not paying you enough now? Is that why you're all slacking off on my requests? Are you a dying breed? Pull yourselves together!

Oh and please make this a Halloween icon for me too.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/thumb/b/b8/Trash_heap.jpg/300px-Trash_heap.jpg]

Trash Heap

[face_whistling]

EDIT: I just realized what the problem is. You do not have enough stimulation or materials to work with anymore. You've simply made every icon this board requires and now you're sitting around with wet hands. Post star wars icon making depression. Even the majority of holiday icons are icons uploaded from previous years. Damn this economy!!!!
  20. KissMeImARebel Force Ghost

star 4
    I think we just have continuous voting these days. Upload and vote whenever you like. At least, that's what I do. I just went and voted for some new ones.

I currently don't have steady internet access, so for the moment I'm not uploading new icons. I'll have more up in the future though. Also, I have some old Halloween icons here:
    http://www.angelfire.com/indie/coupdecourt/icons1.html
  21. Manisphere Force Ghost

star 5
    Accept for the tons of icons on your voting page that never seem to get uploaded.[face_whistling]:D
  22. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
  23. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    We haven't forgotten..
  24. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
  25. KissMeImARebel Force Ghost

star 4
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status: