main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Iconic moments in The Force Awakens?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SkywalkerOG, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015
    The fact that so many people can think of so many = time will be very kind to this film.

One of my personal faves: Kylo starting in double colored lighting and then turns to red as the star gets drained and he makes his fateful choice .

Chills.

2. john vogel

john vogel Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2016
    Most of the moments people are mentioning i would agree with. For me, the biggest moments were:
    1) The light-saber-in-snow-force-pull .... Because I totally expected that Luke was on the planet and he was the one who pulled it. (that was cleared up one second later)
    2) Han's death. ... Even though it was obviously going to happen... and it parallelled Obi Wan and Vader.... it still really got to me watching him fall.

Rancor Keeper likes this.
  3. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    If that would have happened the audience would have lost their collective **** at that moment! I like how they handled Luke but could you imagine the reaction if they chose that route?

john vogel and Rancor Keeper like this.
  4. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Every scene with BB-8 was iconic.

5. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Being the first Star Wars movie to show TIE Fighters flying in the atmosphere, it is also the first one to show characters actually reacting to the sound of them. Yes, there's no sound in space, and pedant people who just can't enjoy a movie or can't shut up like to point that out when watching Star Wars. My explanation has always been that it is something for the viewing audience, like the music or the text floating in space at the beginning of the movie. It's not in the reality of the movie's universe, and that is reinforced by how people don't actually react to the sounds of anything in space. They react to stuff hitting their ships and that of course can be heard in the ships. But here while on Jakku, Finn stops running when he hears what is the unmistakable and dreaded sound in the atmosphere of TIE Fighters. I think the shot of them silhouetted by the sun followed.

Millennium Falcon 888 likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Same.

7. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    This, for me, is worthy of being the most iconic shot in The Force Awakens, as it's the first SW movie that has the TIE Fighters flying not in space but in a planet's breathable atmosphere - with the spectacular sunset as a backdrop![​IMG]

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

8. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    And as for the Milli Falcon, her iconic moment is when she flew in circles while evading two TIE Fighters out to bring her down, during the attack around the Star Destroyer's wreckage in Jakku.
    [​IMG]

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    If I had to choose the most iconic moment it would be hands down, the lightsaber flying from the snow into Rey's hand. I've seen it 5 times and I get chills every. single. time.

Luke's reveal would probably be second for me.

Argalin and beetzello like this.
  10. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    Kylo stopping laser bolts in mid-air for a period of time

Millennium Falcon 888 and D'an like this.
  11. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015

I am so glad they didn't pander to the fans on that one. They handled Luke perfectly

john vogel likes this.
  12. Argalin

Argalin Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Yeah agreed. For my first couple viewings that moment where she gets the saber really got me emotionally, and it always got the biggest audience reaction.

13. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Nope. Maybe he traded in for something more barbaric.

14. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    1. The force pull battle for the "skywalker lightsaber" (beautiful music, and imagery)
    2. Chewbacca's immediate reaction to the death of Han Solo - and his answer with a precise shot to Ben Solo someone he probably considered family
    3. Han Solo and Princess (errr I mean General) Leia's long embrace (throwback to both ESB & RoTJ)
    4. "That's one hell of a pilot" - Finn (The return of Poe Dameron)
    5. Luke Skywalker (his return to the galaxy)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.