main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Iconic vehicles of the Empire: Republic-era (images?)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Meyerm, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Imperial might is symbolized by many things. Stormtroopers, TIE fighters, imperial star destroyers, at-at and at-st walkers, etc. Cited material from the wiki says many of the vehicles that would become famous in Imperial use started their careers in republic use during the clone wars. This includes an earlier AT-AT model, the AT-ST, the imperator, victory, and tector-class star destroyers, and early TIE fighter models. My question is, why isn't any of this shown? All that exists is writing. No concept art, appearances in games, or anything (except the AT-AT). I want to know what these vehicles looked like in Republic colors, or in the case of precursor models, what their design looked like.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm told that an early-model AT-ST appears in the ROTS comic adaptation - however I don't have that myself.

Wookieepedia is probably the best place to look for pics of the Victory-class and possible early TIE models.

The Tector has never been shown outside of that one belly shot in RoTJ.

General Immodet likes this.
  3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I thought just AT-RTs appeared in the ROTS comic adaptation. Maybe, I have to check it out...

4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  5. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Iron_lord: Okay, I checked out the comic adaptation.
    AT-RCTs appear in the comic. It are the same vehicles that were shown to be accompanying Vader in the last Dark Times arc.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Riot_Control_Transport
    Those AT-RCTs are seen boarding a Venator to go to Kashyyyk.
    Later on, AT-RCTS appear on the background when Luminara Unduli is shot by her clone unit.

So, perhaps that has solved the question.

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The All Terrain Defence Pod from Rebels, is enclosed rather than open-topped - and has feet more like those of an AT-AT than an AT-ST.

Might be a good example of an "intermediate design".

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/AT-DP

[​IMG]

7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Never saw those. The pics in that link do look interesting though.

9. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Aside from the box-like AT-AT variants that served the republic on Jabiim, all there is is a very small, low-detail image of a TIE-like ship a decade before the clone wars. This, however, isn't the design that supposedly served as a dedicated starfighter towards the end of the war. This is the particular model in question:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T.I.E._starfighter

As for the AT-ST, there are many images and references to similar designs until different names, but supposedly, the actual AT-ST, which was supposed to be a direct descendent of the AT-XT, saw republic (and apparently even CIS) service.

10. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I remember AT-ATs appear in a CIS weapon factory in 'It Takes a Thief' (a Clone Wars Adventures story).
    Since the Republic used prototype AT-ATs during the Battle of Jabiim, I suppose some of them got captured.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Yes, indeed very interesting. Many SW concepts often get re-used...
    ---
    I also remember separatists in 'It Takes a Thief' wore semi-Imperial uniforms.

13. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Not to mention the sith empires in KOTOR and TOR are just a rebranding of the galactic empire, right down to the sounds of the starfighters (which don't even use ion drives in TOR) and shape of the vessels. But anyways, I'm particularly interested in the starships. I'm surprised TCW didn't include anything in those regards, like a prototype imperator star destroyer or special squadron of experimental TIE fighters.

14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  15. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    That TIE prototype you linked is interesting and I've never seen it before, but it doesn't say anything about republic origins.

As for the venator, it was just the earliest and most popular star destroyer of the war. the Victory 1 and 2, Tector, and imperator (later renamed Imperial) classes all saw service as well, apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.