New Jersey ICONS sign up list

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthGyos, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello ALL!!

I need a committment from all of you for at least ONE day to work at ICONS (which probably wont be work!). Please post your availability and stick to it.

~DG~
  2. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    As long as my wife is jobless I am out...

but what are the dates again?
  3. Arldetta Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm taking off Mar 28th. I could probably help out then. I'm just not sure how to get there and would really, really prefer not going by myself. [face_blush] Sorry, if that seems odd for an adult. It's just a thing I have. [face_blush]

How long would it be for? And what would we be doing exactly? Oh and do we still have to pay to get in? (how much?)
  4. Leo73 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know this is a stupid question, but exactly is ICONS? Being new, I really don't know about everything yet.
  5. Arldetta Jedi Master

star 4
    Leo here's a link detailing what I-CONS is. ;)
  6. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be available Saturday and partially sunday probably leave midday due to traffic but I will need some directions if anyone could help that would be great.
  7. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Shawn, no prob. Totally understandable.

Arldetta- I will be going for two days, but Saturday is definitly one of them. Buster is going, so hook up with either one of us for a ride if you want to go, or offer to drive.

Buster-Anything will help. Thank you.
  8. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    If you're going for two days, I guess I am too. Except....I have no costume....I've been told I can't wear my Geonosis Padme costume.....
  9. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    Booo! :mad:

No Padme Genosis costume...well now I'm not going. :p

I'm gonna try and work it on Friday...depending on work schedule. The other two days I have newspaper and can't leave Fordham.
  10. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Directions to ICON

Quite Simple. Hop onto the LIE (Long Island Expressway) From NYC. Stay on it for about 90 minutes (Well if you drive like Gary it'll only take you 60 minutes.. LOL) until you get to Exit 62 (Which is the exit for Nicolas Rd.. AKA 97.. which is pretty much almost the end of the parkway) Your gonna drive NORTH on 97 for 10 miles. Once you cross over Route 347, your only 2 miles away and are getting very close... You want to use the MAIN entrance to Stony Brook University (Not the north.. not the south..but MAIN) which is the 2nd enterance (there are 3 entrences) Follow the signs that lead to ICON parking. ICON is held in Stonybrooks Sports complex. W

There are food options available on campus... i hated the food there but thats just me... Theres a Deli in the student union which is like 500 feet from the Sports Complex. They have everything there.

Your better off driving then taking the LIRR. To get to Stonybrook Via LIRR it is a 2 hour train ride.. about 15 dollars round trip.. and it requires to change trains about 3 times.. and trains dont run very often out there in cow country.

If anyone needs anymore directions, feel free to PM me, as I used to go to Stonybrook and i know my way around out there very well.

-Samantha, SWNYC
  11. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks Sam. It's appreciated. :) I'm sure some of us will see you there. I'm hoping to make the trip. Not sure about which day yet though.
  12. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Anytime. I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday I think I'll be doing some Panels and stuff with my group, But i'll be around!
  13. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, I'm focusing on Saturday myself. I'll probably go up with R.J.(buster). Friday's class and Sunday's probably work, so Saturday is looking like the day for me. Looking at a three-hour drive :_| but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
  14. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess we'll all be there on Saturday....well...most of us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.