main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Icons Thread Version 3.0: Attack of the Icons

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Bria, Nov 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    <table align=center width=80% bgcolor=black><tr><td>Icon Thread Version 3.0: Attack of the Icons

THERE IS UNREST IN THE JEDI COUNCIL FORUMS. SEVERAL HUNDRED USER ICONS HAVE DECLARED THEIR INTENTIONS TO LEAVE THE BOARDS.

THIS SEPARATIST MOVEMENT, UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF THE MYSTERIOUS Grilled-Sarlacc, HAS MADE IT DIFFICULT FOR THE LIMITED NUMBER OF JEDI KNIGHTS TO MAINTAIN ICONS AND PIXELS FOR THE BOARDS.

Bria, THE STARTER OF ICON SUBMISSION THREAD 2.0, IS RETURNING TO COMMUNICATIONS TO VOTE ON THE CRITICAL ISSUE OF CREATING AN ARMY OF THE JC TO ASSIST THE OVERWHELMED ICONMAKERS...
    </td></tr></table>

Welcome to the third installment of the Icon Submission thread, folks. Custom Icons Submission Thread Version 2.0 was reaching the 5K mark and I was asked to restart it. So here goes. :)

Many thanks to Whimper for the original Custom Icon Submission thread. He said it so well, I'm quoting him:

As per NathanDahlin's post @ Icons please submit your own icon creations for review by Nat and the mods. If they're good, there may be (just maybe) a chance that they become official icons here on the JC.

Note: Please be aware that not everyone is spoiled for Episode3. Make your icons accordingly. A spoiler stops being a spoiler when it is posted at the Official Site (ie, a name, image, story/plot idea, etc).

Regular User Icons must be 50x50 pixels in size, and be clear representations of Star Wars characters or insignias. Include in your post a description of the icon, and a hyper-link to the image.

The current Icon Manager is Grilled-Sarlacc.

NathanDahlin - [Disclaimer] I wrote this without consulting any other admins, but here's the deal as I see it:

We're adding new icons as much as possible, but it's a slow process. If you know of a character that you think would be a big hit (e.g. Lobot, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, etc.), just make your own icon in ".gif" format...50 X 50 pixels in size and send me a URL to it. I'll then post it in the Admin-only forum for Nic to use.

Now, I don't think we'll be able to do personalized images (e.g. a picture of your face or pet), but if you want to make one that you'd be willing to share with hundreds of like-minded SW fans, more power to you!

Happy pic-making!

And finally, a link to all the icon pages.

(edit: Grilled-Sarlacc comments)

I am seeing lots of questions on the icon voting process and so on. I think we have slowly shifted to a new way of running the icons. It is not all that different from the past methods, but I think maybe I should spell it all out so everyone understands how this cycle operates. And I think it is a system that is both fair and effective.

? First and foremost, this thread is not a place to just post icons in hopes that they are uploaded or a thread to post icons for G-S to see and notice. First and foremost, this thread is a community, a "hobby thread", as I call it. It is a place for icon artists to post and share their work with others and critique the work that they see - which helps everyone create the best icons they can.

? Everyone is welcome to participate in this community and make icons. After a certain length of time creating and posting icons, one can be given the title of "Active Icon Maker". There is no set date or period length for which you gain this status. It is just a decision that is made when the time is right. And when it happens, I will post the announcement.

? Other than gaining a cool title under your username, being an Active Icon Maker means that you are now a voting member of the icon community. You have

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Good luck to everyone :).

3. Bria

May 15, 1999
    May The Force Be With You and your icons. :cool:

4. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    ahhh!!!! New Thread!

okay lemme Christen this

1 new added

5. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Congrats on making the first submissions to the new thread, LadyNaberrie. :)

6. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Sexy!

7. tendra_217

tendra_217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    LadyNaberrie love your fourth icon but who is it supposed to be?

My icon page

8. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Ooh... didn't see this coming! :eek:

Many great Icons can be found here... ;)

9. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
  10. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    My 4th Icon is Mara Jade :D

11. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
  12. CBaoth_The_Crazy

CBaoth_The_Crazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Whoooaaaaa...

G-S: I'm glad to see there's a Guri icon on the possibilities list, I hope it gets uploaded.

13. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Oooh oooh! Gotta get the first-page-link in!

Mesa bombad icons

Rick McCallum loves you!

14. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Oooh! Oooh! First page!

15. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    I know I already posted the Ep1 list, and some are already on my page or have been loaded, but I will post what we need again in addition to the new Ep2 list...

Ep1
    Gragra, Jira, Neva Kee, Aks Moe, Ric Olié, Oppo Rancisis, Horox Ryyder, Sabé, Rep Teers, Colo Claw Fish, Dewback, Kaadu, Ikopi, Fambaa, Mott, Nuna, Peko-Peko, Ronto, Sando Aqua Monster, Droideka, PK droid, Power Droid, Salvage Droid, Droid Starfighter, Naboo Royal Starship (ep1),
    Republic Cruiser (ep1), Trade Federation Battleship, Trade Federation Droid Control Ship, Trade Federation Landing Ship, Ishi Tib, Ithorian, Mos Espa, Otoh Gunga, Podrace Arena, Theed.

EP2
    Tundra Dowmeia, Onaconda Farr, Dannl Faytoni, Tas Kee, Achk Med-Beq, Ister Paddie, Taun We, Tikkes, Luminara Unduli, Massiff, Scurrier, Dwarf Spider Droid, Hailfire Droid, Homing Spider Droid, R4-P17, RIC-920, SP-4, WED Treadwell Droid, Dex's Diner, Coruscant, Geonosis, Droid Factory, Kamino, Jedi Temple. Jedi Temple Hangar, Lars Moisture Farm, Mos Espa, Naboo, Lake Retreat, Outlander Club,
    Theed Royal Palace, Tipoca City, Ask Aak, Nyrat Agira, Ronet Coorr, Corde, Nute Gunray, Tas Kee, Achk Med-Beq, Ister Paddie, aiwha, massif, Hyperspace Ring, starfreighter, Solar Sailer, the green clone.

16. Frank_Palpatine

Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 29, 2002
    Looks like I'll have ample inspiration for icons when I get access to photoshop again this weekend. :)

***My Icon Page***

17. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
  18. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Wonderful work Grilled-Sarlacc ;)

And nice to see a new thread for this. Good luck everyone, and the icons so far are wonderful :)

19. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    New thread! WOOOOO!

20. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
  21. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    LadyNaberrie, your icons are a bit grainy. What are you using for software?

22. Anti_Force

Anti_Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    Nice icons guys :)

23. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I can never do anything right can I? :(

I use Print Shop Photo Pro

also I added one more Icon but it's not like anyone cares right? :(

24. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    They just need a little work, they're not bad.

And I care about all new icons. :)

25. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    which ones do I need to fix?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.