main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I'd be more concerned about her doing something..."

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithHappensIII, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithHappensIII

SithHappensIII Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    In the scene where Captain Typho and Obi-wan see Anakin and Padme off....where obi-wan says to typho "I hope he doesnt try anything foolish" . He then says " I'd be more worried about her trying something than him"

What do you think he means? Do you think Padme had a reputation with the fellows? I mean she is really beautiful and she did get invloved Palo(from the the Legislative Youth Program ...very cute... dark curly hair... dreamy eyes) when she was only twelve.

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I always took that line to mean that he was worried about her doing something reckless, such as going to rescue Obi-Wan on Geonosis.

3. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    I guess that people who make bad, impulsive decisions tend to gravitate to one another.

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002

Ousley is correct, the line is not to do with her being a skank or anything like that.

5. ArthurClavin

ArthurClavin Jedi Master star 1

Jun 23, 2003
    It means Typho was dead wrong.

Here endth the lesson.

AC

6. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    What Ousley said.

7. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    Agrees with ousley

8. DARTHCLANDESTINE

DARTHCLANDESTINE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2005
    Typho knows that Padme "doesn't like the idea of hiding".

She always wants to be in the thick of it and also is not afraid for herself. "I worry about you" Padme "we'll be fine". "this vote is very important..your still in danger here" - she needs to be reminded". "I don't want protection, I want answers", "Im not afraid to die".

Any questions? [face_batting]

9. Magnotta

Magnotta Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    What Ousley said. I don't think Obi or Typho meant the line sexually. Star Wars is pretty devoid of any sexuality really, I mean Anakin's father was the force even.

The line was simply foreshadowing to Padme's decision to go rescue Obi-wan, otherwise the line would have had no meaning and would have been a complete waste of film.

10. DARTHCLANDESTINE

May 17, 2005
    otherwise the line would have had no meaning and would have been a complete waste of film.

Not complete waste. Typho then would have just shown concern, being her official bodyguard, yet he's no Jedi. [face_peace]

11. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    Yeah, but notice Typho's mischeivious smerk
    when he says the line.

Face it, Padme's a freak.@};- [face_love] @};-

12. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    maybe typho thought anakin was a wimp and that padme would be more likely, if anyone, to do something

13. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    hahahaha

i never ever thought of it, as a "sexual" connotation...but it is kinda funny to think of it that way....
    maybe she has a rep as a fluzy on naboo..hahaha

but most likely it means, with padme's tempermant, she is more likely to disobey orders, or go against the grain than anyone he knows....

which means ani and padme, too important and powerful people are put together, who are supposed to hide and keep on the down low.... are the most likely to do something "rather rash"...

14. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    To paraphrase Sidious, the former queen is young and naive. Perhaps Typho, after having spent so much time with her, knows of her weakness, which can be exploited by someone like Anakin who may find controlling her will be easy.

15. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Exactly. Padme feels she can take care of herself [when she obviously can't] and Anakin is reckless, arrogant, and he feels he can "fix anything." That's not a very good match when those two reckless individuals are suppose to be hiding.

16. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Padme is such an outspoken girl, she's bound to do something crazy.
    Think about all the times she did things she wasn't supposed to do.
    [face_laugh]

17. mandragora

mandragora Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    Well, at that stage of the two Padme was the one "in command". If you watch AOTC, it's always Padme who decides what it is done, while Anakin sometimes makes attempts to speak up against is, but always gives in. In the end, he even states he's "given up to argue with her". ;)

18. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    I guess we know what that relationship was like.
    Anakin: Let's go out tonight.
    Padme: No.
    Anakin: The chancellor has invited us to the opera tonight in his private box.
    Padme: Sly Moore was mean to me the other day. I don't like her.
    Anakin: We really should go.
    Padme: No, I'm not giving Palpatine's evil secretary the satisfaction.
    Anakin: Fine, I'll go by myself.
    Padme: Good.
    Anakin: Fine.
    Padme: OK.

19. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    "Sly Moore was mean to me the other day.";)

I can't imagine anyone perceiving Sly as mean. Cold and silent, yes, but not overtly mean. She never says anything. This is more proto-rebel propaganda on Padme's part against the soon-to-be Emperor and his budding Empire.

Edit: Grammar

20. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    I can't believe anyone would refer that line as being sexual.

21. DARTHCLANDESTINE

May 17, 2005
    Well, at that stage of the two Padme was the one "in command". If you watch AOTC, it's always Padme who decides what it is done, while Anakin sometimes makes attempts to speak up against is, but always gives in. In the end, he even states he's "given up to argue with her".

Yep. But then there were several people who felt Anakin was a stalker. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.