I'd Do It All Again - A Skywalker family reunion...sort of *THE END!!!! 10/13*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by inez_the_swampgirl, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Runner Up, Reader's Choice Most Accurate Characterisation, WFFA 2002

Note: For any new readers, I will gladly email you a copy of everything posted thus far. PM me.

Well, I finally got the nerve to post this. Hope you like it, but first a few quick words....

I'm not making any money on this...blah, blah...don't sue, etc.

Thanks to my wonderful Master, Excal for the encouraging words and beta-work! The Adopt-a-Newbie board really works. :p

This story takes place about 3 years after Union and is 'mostly' non-AU, except after Union. (i.e. Ben is already born.) Anyway, here goes...

-----------------

I'd Do It All Again
    by Inez

Prologue

"Leia, that was the best roast avian I've had in a long time," Han said as he rubbed his swollen belly. "Remind me to thank the cook."

"I'm right here," she replied with a strange look on her face.

"I was talking about the kitchen droid," Han smiled back at her and tried to duck as a napkin flew his direction.

The Winter Fete holiday was winding down with the traditional family dinner of roast avian, vegetables, pies, breads and other rich foods. This year, the Skywalker's and Solo's were celebrating together. It had been quite awhile since everyone had been able to be on the same planet at once. Luke, Mara and their son Ben had come from Yavin IV to spend time with Han, Leia, their children and Chewbacca and to enjoy Ben's first Winter Fete. Everyone was having a wonderful time just relaxing in the presence of family and talking about mundane, everyday things.

Trying to divert everyone's attention, Luke spoke up, "Alright, I think it's time for dessert." After being assaulted with a chorus of groans and "I'm too full for dessert," he rolled his eyes. "OK, maybe later. Leia, I'll help you clean up. Why don't the rest of you go into the livingroom. Isn't it time for another showing of 'I'd Do It All Again'?"

Mara complained, "It's already been on about fourteen times this week."

"Yes, but after tomorrow, we'll have to wait a whole year to see it again," Luke quipped.

"Come on Mara," Han said, "We wouldn't want to miss it. It's tradition to watch it at least once."

"Alright," Mara rolled her eyes. "Who am I to go against tradition?"

After Han, Chewie and Mara took the kids to the other room, Luke turned to help Leia take the dishes to the kitchen. "OK, Luke, what do you want to tell me?"

"Are you reading my mind?" Luke asked with a smirk.

"Nope, no Jedi insight. Just sisterly instinct. That and you only offer to help in the kitchen if you want to talk about something," Leia teased.

Luke sighed, "Actually, I did want to talk to you. First, I wanted to say how glad I am that we are all finally able to be together as a fam-"

"I know, it's been really nice. We don't get to do this enough." Leia interrupted then paused.

"Do you ever wonder..." they both began, then laughed.

"You first," said Leia, "but I have the feeling we were thinking the same thing." She smiled and looked into Luke's eyes.

As he gazed back at her and nodded, he began, "Do I ever wonder about what it would be like if we got to spend these holidays with our parents? Yes, I do...often. Are you sure you want to talk about this? You haven't been very enthusiastic about this subject before."

"I know, Luke, I'm still confused about how I feel about a lot of it. However, it's hard to ignore during family holidays like this one. I can't help but wonder what it would be like, what they would be like."

"I'm sure there would be lots of interesting stories to tell." Luke seemed to be lost in thought for a moment and then went on, "Anyway, I wanted to ask for your help in something. I'm thinking of re-establishing the Jedi Council."

Leia's eyebrows shot up. "Really? Why? I'm all for it, I think, but what do you need me for?"

Luke chuckled, "Really. With the changes I've made at the Academy recently, and new students being found almost daily, it's getting difficult to keep track of all the Knights and thei
  2. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    looks like a good start! :) Can't wait to see what happens! :D
  3. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Technically there are angels in the SW universe. Anakin asks Padme "Are you an angel?"

:)
  4. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Liz and RM ! :)

Yes, there are angels in the GFFA. I just think the quote in general sounds odd for the GFFA. Maybe it's the bell rings part of it? *shrugs*

inez
  5. Lucid_Lady Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a good start inez. Keep it up.
  6. kasiaskywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
  7. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    AWWWW, my little Padawan is growing up! :) Great to see you have some responses on your first day of posting inez, that's really good for your confidence. I think it took a while before I got anyone to bite at Dynasty's Dawn. But you know what, you have RebelMom reading, who bolstered my confidence IMMENSELY when I was just starting out, so there is your angel in disguise. Hi Mom! excal has grown up since that first post :) Anyway, remember, the Force will be with you on this one.

And to paraphrase Gandalf from FOTR, "I will help you bear this burden, inez the swampgirl, for as long as it is yours to bear."

excal
  8. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Lucid_Lady and kasiaskywalker: Thanks, I will keep it up. I've already got most of this story written and the rest is already in my head. It will be pretty long when it's done. I'll probably post the next segment Monday.

EXCAL!!! :D *hugs* Thanks for your support and yes, I am encouraged by the replies. (That's a hint to the rest of you. ;) ) AWWWW, my little Padawan is growing up! [face_laugh] Considering I'm ten years older than you, I'll take that as a compliment. :p
  9. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    Padawan- I would suggest posting at least some kind of message, maybe a teaser of what's to come or something of the sort, just to make sure your story doesn't get buried. You want this visible, so you can pick up new readers. Just a suggestion from someone who scrounges to get new readers. I really wish I could pick up people for Trials of the Force, but I think we have too many posts and not enough newbies take the time to read larger works. :( Ah well.

Master Excal
  10. Lucid_Lady Jedi Master

star 4
  11. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    well, my Master knows best, so...

hhmmm...how to tease? how to tease? :( Did I mention, Excal, that I'm really bad at teasers? I always tend to give away too much and ruin the suspense...or not enough...

However, being the Padawan I am, I will *do* and not *try*

Commence Teasing (a.k.a. Hinting)

Luke and Leia's meditations reveal more than they ever imagined. The Jedi Council soon becomes the least of their worries.

OK, how was that? I literally took me several minutes to come up with that much. [face_blush] I hope it inspires someone to read more.

More will definitely be revealed in the next post and hopefully my hint will make more sense. Um...yeah... [face_plain]

inez

p.s. Thanks for the up, LL

p.p.s. I miss my Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man icon! :_|
  12. vader_incarnate Force Ghost

star 4
    *raises an eyebrow* Well, I didn't come here because of the teaser. I followed a link in your sig when I was checking replies to my own buried story. 8-}

Nice idea you've got, inez. :) Make us all happy and give the Skywalkers a happy ending for once. Pweez?
  13. PadmeJainasolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    this is cool inez hope you update this soon! :D :) :D :)

14. Lucid_Lady Jedi Master

star 4
    That was mean inez. Still hoping for more.
  15. NatalieJ_214 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great start! This looks like it will be an interesting fic. It's fun getting to see the Skywalkers and Solos enjoying a holiday together. Can't wait to see where the meditation goes.
  16. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    vader_incarnate Thanks for stopping by. :) I am eagerly awaiting another installment of 'Comes the Night'. As for happy endings, I'm a sucker for those, but you will just have to wait and see. Happiness is a state of mind you know. [face_devil]

PadmeJainasolo Thanks, I will be updating VERY shortly. [face_mischief]

Lucid_Lady Mean? :( I don't want to be mean. Can I make it up to you with a new post?

NatalieJ Thanks, you are about to find out. [face_mischief]

and now, without further ado...

"Disturbing this is. Decide how to preserve the future of the Jedi, we must." Master Yoda sat in the Jedi Council chamber with the remaining council members high above the surface of Coruscant. The Clone Wars had claimed numerous lives, especially among the Jedi. "Purges are coming. Soon, very soon, hunted will the Jedi be."

The council members were deep in conversation. None of them noticed the morning haze disappearing as the sun rose to warm the ferrocrete enveloping the planet. All of them were trying to voice their concerns over the report brought in by one of the Jedi earlier this morning. Chancellor Palpatine was discovered to be Darth Sidious, the Sith Lord plaguing the council for over a decade, and had declared himself Emperor. As Emperor, he had the legal authority to do whatever he wished. As a Sith Lord, the council knew he would eventually target the Jedi.

"How can the Jedi be saved without the Chosen One?" Mace Windu asked from his place in the council chambers. Before he could continue, two figures appeared in the room, looking around with a mixture of confusion and awe. They were about 40 standard years old; the man just under average height with blond hair, scarred face and very blue eyes, the woman much shorter with long brown hair in a simple braid and big brown eyes. "Who are you? This a private meeting of the Jedi Council. What are you doing here?"

The figures jumped when he started talking. Obviously surprised, and still confused, the man bowed respectfully then spoke. "Please excuse us Masters. We seem to have stumbled into..." the words died on his lips as his gaze met Yoda's. "Where did you say we are?"

Yoda answered, "A meeting of the Jedi Council this is. In the Jedi Temple on Coruscant you are. How came you to be here so suddenly?"

The man and woman seemed to be communicating without talking. Yoda realized that these two were Jedi, yet he did not know them. Were they Sith? No, that didn't feel right. Then who were they? Somehow they seemed familiar. As the council watched, the two seemed to come to some sort of conclusion.

The man turned and spoke again, "Masters, I must first say that I am truly at a loss as to how we are here. I have never experienced this before."

"Experienced what before?" asked Master Windu.

"Pardon me, let me start at the beginning. My sister and I are Jedi. We were...are?...meditating. I am researching the Jedi Council. What I meant to say is, I've never had an interactive vision during meditation before. I don't know how it would be possible. Maybe you have answers that I do not," the man answered.

"Very rare this is. Only for specific reasons does this happen. Jedi are you? Remember you I do not. How come you to be Jedi without knowledge of this council?" Yoda inquired.

hope you like...

inez
  17. Lucid_Lady Jedi Master

star 4
    It's all been forgotten, inez. I like. More, more, more, more!!!!!
  18. Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    very interesting...up soon!

JS
  19. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    very interesting........Yoda does not recognize Luke? ;)
  20. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks to you all. (That's y'all where I come from ;) ) All will be revealed shortly, Liz. I'm glad you are all enjoying it so far. I'll be updating in a couple of days, so y'all come back now, y'hear. :) Sorry, a bit of my Southern heritage, there. :p

Teaser: In the next post, Yoda and the Council get a rude awakening....

inez
  21. Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Knight

star 2
    EEEEK!!! LOVELY!!! I lurvs it, you did a great job! this deserves to be on page 1, not page 2, so UP!!!
    ~Mara
  22. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can understand Yoda not recognizing Luke since it seems to be the past. I wonder if Luke recognized Yoda? When Luke meditates, he sure gets answers - and right from the source too.
  23. PadmeJainasolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    up with this!!!!

I wonder what the councils reaction will be to Luke and Leia.
  24. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    Folks, one thing I can't stress enough is to stick with this story. To some, it would seem it has a slow beginning, especially people new to reading fanfics. I can not stress enough that this story moves VERY quickly. And the stuff that is coming is very important and VERY cool. Inez is a very talented writer and gets the dialogue of the characters down very well.

I'm glad to hear you like this story, it means my Padawan's trials should be over quickly. Inez, I forsee you will be a great Jedi Write(r).

excal
  25. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Mara_Skywhiner Thanks! [face_mischief]

Mom Luke did recognize Yoda. That's why he trailed off his explaination for a moment. And yes, we all know Luke never does anything half-way. :p By the way, I always loved your sig, Mom. That's one of my favorite lines in Rebirth. I would love to have seen Corran have a little 'talk' with Luke about Anakin's behavior on that mission. ;)

PadmeJainasolo You will find out in the next post coming tomorrow.

Excal You're the best! [face_blush] Since your Princess (or my husband) isn't here....*kisses Excal on cheek* [face_love]

Excal said it best people. This story starts out a little slow, but you will find out soon enough what is happening and then it gets pretty hectic from there. Hope you enjoy!

inez

p.s. I have a favor to ask. Please pray for my friend Eric. I just found out his wife died last week due to a sudden illness. :( Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.