main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'd Do It All Again - A Skywalker family reunion...sort of *THE END!!!! 10/13*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by inez_the_swampgirl, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Hey look, I'm upping my own story! :p

1. I'm having an ego-trip
    2. I want this to get past the first page
    3. I found this on page 6

inez

2. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
  3. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks, Lucid_Lady.

Here goes...

---------------------

Luke turned to Leia and whispered, "How much do we tell them?"

"I don't know. It appears this is the past, since we're talking to Yoda of all beings. How much do you want to change?" she answered. "We can't just go telling them the future."

"Yoda said this only happens for a reason. Maybe they need to know the future."

Leia gave him one the looks developed over the years of raising force sensitive children and being the wife of Han Solo. "Maybe, but we don't know what part of the future will be affected by this. I don't like just telling them everything."

"OK, we'll tell them as little as possible until we feel the time is right. And we won't tell them who we are just yet," Luke replied.

"How could their knowing who we are change anything?" Leia asked.

"We don't know how far in the past we are. The name Skywalker might, or might not be to our advantage."

"I see your point. You want to handle this?"

"Sure," Luke shrugged as they turned back to the council.

"Masters, I'm not sure how much to tell you. We are from your future." At this all the members of the council perked up and looked at one another. Luke continued, "This is my sister, Leia, and you may call me Luke. As for our training, that is a difficult matter. My sister was trained by me and I was trained by you, Master Yoda."

The little green Jedi stared intently at Luke before answering. "How can it be that your own sister you trained? Too young for teaching were you or too old to begin learning was she if this is so. Taught this did I not?"

'Too old. Yes, too old to begin the training.' Luke remembered as he tried to suppress a grin, "Master Yoda, future training techniques are very different from your present standards. Age is no longer a factor to begin training. Older students do have more to unlearn, but no one is refused." Mace Windu looked at him questioningly. "This has been a tradition for generations. How is it the future council would make such a drastic change?"

Luke and Leia stared at each other again. After a few whispers the council could not make out, Leia sighed as they turned back to the council. Leia visibly braced herself and spoke for the first time, "Masters, the Jedi Council does not exist in our time. We are here to observe and to learn. It is my brother's wish to re-establish the council."

The council members were uncharacteristically shaken, being that they were Jedi Masters. They conferred for a few moments before Yoda spoke, "Understand we do that you wish not to change the future. However, reason for this interactive vision there is. Stay and observe you will, but be mindful of the reason you are here. Speak if the Force wills it."

"Of course, Master Yoda." Both Luke and Leia bowed their heads as they replied, then sat on a nearby couch.

Mace Windu restarted the meeting. "As it happens, we were discussing the future of the Jedi when you appeared." Turning to the other council members, he asked the question that was never answered, "How can the Jedi be saved without the Chosen One?"

Luke and Leia had no idea who or what the Chosen One was, but were not that concerned. They were here to observe the inner workings of the council, to determine if the same format would be used in the future council or just certain aspects of it. As the discussion continued, they began to realize that this was likely one of the last meetings of the Jedi Council.

*Luke, do you think this Darth Sidious they are discussing sounds familiar?* Leia thought at her brother.

*Yes, but I'm not sure why. It appears he has been around for awhile, but they've only recently discovered him.*

They sat in silence for a moment, until one of the council members mentioned purges. *Leia, do you think he could be Palpatine?*

Leia gasped, *Now that you mention it, he fits the profile of that Darth Sidious character. Could this be why we are here?*

*This is only part of it.

4. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    this is a great story, really interesting, i can't wait for more u are doing a wonderful job

5. PadmeJainasolo

PadmeJainasolo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 5, 2002
    wow cool!
    I love how luke reconized yoda and Obi-wan.
    time to go save our father...again :p

6. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    forceaddict Welcome to my story and thanks! :) I'll be posting some more probably tomorrow evening.

PadmeJainasolo Glad you liked that reaction. Just wait till you see who they meet next. :p About saving father...you'll just have to wait and see. [face_devil]

Coming Soon... Obi-wan has very interesting news for the Jedi Council.

inez

7. NatalieJ_214

NatalieJ_214 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2001
    Oh, this story is so cool! It's a very interesting idea--what if Luke and Leia found a way to talk to the Jedi council of the past. Two great posts. More soon!

8. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Oooh. I missed two updates. *is sheepish* Thank the Force you write faster than I do... *pokes at her inconstant, not incontinent, muse*

I'm wondering which part of the PT they ended up in. :) And if they get to meet un-darksided Anakin. And, if they do meet darksided Anakin, how in the heck they're going to manage to not change the future. And...

Oh well. Good posts. :D

9. Lucid_Lady

Sep 28, 2002
    oooooo, good post.

10. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Natalie Thanks. :D You will find out...sort of ;)

v_i don't poke that incontinent muse too much...I don't have a mop :p You will find out shortly where in the timeline they are. And keep reading...all your questions will be answered

L_L Thanks :D

OK, before I post, can I ask a question? Who is the marketing genius (that's sarcasm if you didn't catch it) who came up with "Yo Da Man" to advertise the new release of EpII? I've seen better commercials for laxatives.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Yoda lightsaber duel (I was the one screaming 'Yoda kicks @$$' at the Dallas midnight show. :p ) and this commercial just ruined it for me. Now everytime I see Yoda strike his pose, I'm gonna see big yellow letters telling me Yo Da Man! *curses a-la Yosemite Sam...rackin' frackin' sassafrass...*

Anyway, you didn't come here to listen to my babbling. On with the post!

-------------------

Yoda broke the silence that had come over the room, "Master Kenobi, good reason you have to interrupt this council I trust."

Obi-wan was still staring at the two people on the couch, "Yes, Master Yoda, I bring news." He then addressed the stranger, "Have we met before? You seem familiar."

"No, Master Kenobi," the man replied, "you have not met me before today."

"Speak you can. Observers are they and betray our trust they cannot."

Obi-wan turned his gaze back to Yoda after the man on the couch gave him a nod. "Master, my news is of the matter you wished to be discussed in your presence alone."

Yoda looked surprised. "Not dead is your padawan, as we feared?" At this, the other Jedi Masters also looked surprised.

"No, Master," replied Obi-wan, glancing back at the couch, equally surprised that Yoda would reveal so much of this matter.

Luke and Leia glanced back at Obi-wan. *Leia, did you hear that? Ben said his padawan was not dead.*

*Yes, Luke, I heard. What's a padawan?*

*Apprentice, I think. If that's true, they must be talking about Father.*

Luke and Leia stared at each other for a second. *Luke, this is getting more and more interesting.*

Yoda excused the rest of the Council, noticing Obi-wan's reluctance to say more. On impulse, he motioned Luke and Leia to stay. Obi-wan noticed this and immediately protested. Yoda simply restated himself, while giving Luke and Leia a look that reminded them of their place. "Observers are they and betray our trust they cannot."

"Master Yoda," Obi-wan complained, "Senator Amidala is here with me. This concerns her too and she won't like discussing this in front of an unknown party."

Yoda gave Obi-wan a 'drop-it' look and asked, "Concerns her this does?"

"It is a long story Master, one I should have told you before today. Even I do not know all of it and only found out recently how complicated it has become, as you will see."

Yoda stared at Obi-wan for a moment as if trying to see if he was going to say more. When it was obvious he wasn't, he said, "Leave the Senator in the hall you should not. Bring her in, you must."

Obi-wan returned a moment later with a short figure wrapped in a cloak that was obviously too large for her and hid most of her features. She let the hood down and surveyed her surroundings. When she saw Luke and Leia, she was not pleased. "Master Yoda, at the risk of being rude to your guests, I must say I do not wish to discuss this with....in such an open arena." She glanced around the room, then between Obi-wan and Yoda. "We had agreed to discuss this privately. Has something changed?"

If Yoda was insulted, he did not show it. "Yes, changed something has."

-----------------------

Well, hope you all enjoy. :)

inez

11. PadmeJainasolo

PadmeJainasolo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 5, 2002
    you bet something has changed! 8-}
    more soon?

12. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, so luke and leia get to see their mother, cool, can't wait for another update of this story, u are doing a great job, keep up the great work

13. Lucid_Lady

Sep 28, 2002
    :::sings badly:::
    Can't wait for more.
    Can't wait for more.
    Oh how I can't wait for more.

Thank you. Thank you. No tomatoes please.

14. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    *sniffles* Luke and Leia finally get to meet Mommy! :) Aw... the impending sweetness. *grins*

And I'm guessing the end of E3. :) And am still wondering about the last question... ;)

Good post.

15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I think I know what they want to discuss. *RM sits quietly and waits*

16. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    PadmeJainasolo She is about to find out exactly what has changed...

forceaddict Thanks! Yes, Luke and Leia get to see their mom, and a whole lot more!

Lucid_Lady *plugs ears* There will definitely be more soon. :D

vader_incarnate Give the girl some chocolate! We got a winner! :p Yes, this is around the end of E3. As for your other questions, that is the point of the whole story. You will just have to read to find out. I wonder what will happen? Hhhmmm... [face_devil] I will, however, entertain any guesses you might have. ;)

Mom Thanks for your patience, Mom, but feel free to speculate.

Coming Soon... Introductions

I might post later today. I was going to wait a few days, but I'm in a good mood. I finally beat a particularly nasty round of DWB and am very close to finishing this fic. Don't worry though...there are many, many more posts for you to read before this story ends. Thanks again, everyone!

inez

17. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good posts!

can't wait for the next post! (well, actually I CAN since i am torturing my own readers who are waiting for chapter 8........)

18. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    I'd like to pick Luke and Leia's jaws off the floor, if I may.

19. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Liz Thanks, and don't worry. I won't make you wait for my posts like you make us wait for yours. [face_devil] I am really, really looking forward to Chapter 8.

DANA You may, but this won't be the last time their jaws will be on the floor in this story. ;) There's still plenty of surprises to come.

Well, everyone, I'm in a really good mood, so I will leave you with a long post to keep you company over the weekend.

--------------------

Luke and Leia were both drawn to the Senator immediately. She appeared to be about 10 standard years younger than them and was short with brown hair and eyes that looked deeply troubled. *Luke, she looks very familiar.*

*She looks a lot like you, Leia. Perhaps that's why you think you recognize her.*

*No, I want to say I've seen her before. A very long time ago.* Leia looked at her more closely. As mother of three, she recognized the subtle signs of pregnancy in the Senator's face. Sudden realization hit Leia like a fully loaded speeder. *Luke!* She practically screamed into his mind, *That's mother!*

Luke's head spun around so fast, his neck hurt. *Are you sure?*

*Positive. She looks like me. She has a mutual interest in Ben's padawan.* Leia dropped her final reason like a bomb into Luke's brain. *And I'd bet the Falcon she's pregnant.*

Luke just stared at her, dumbfounded. *You mean with us?*

*Of course with us. Who else would our mother be pregnant with?*

*I think we just found out why we are here.*

The twins stared at each other for a moment then came to a silent conclusion. Luke stood and addressed the group a few meters from where he and Leia had been observing. "Master Yoda, Master Kenobi, Senator Amidala, we're sorry to intrude, but we believe we have discovered why we are here. My sister and I would be grateful if you would let us stay."

Padmé Amidala Naberrie looked at Yoda questioningly. Leia spoke. "Master Yoda, perhaps it would be easier to explain to Master Kenobi and Senator Amidala why we are here. Then my brother and I can explain our wish to stay."

As Yoda did this, Luke and Leia tried to decide the best way to handle this. *OK, Luke, how much should we tell them?*

*That depends on what they are here to discuss. I have a feeling we will be here a while. We may have to tell them everything. I want to ask Yoda his opinion though.*

*All right. What opinion do want to get from Yoda?*

*Well, I'm assuming if the Force just wanted us to find out about our mother, we could have just seen all of this in a normal vision. I think that our being here and being able to take part in the decisions means we are meant to help them along to the conclusions we already know to be true. At least the truths we've been living.*

*Huh?*

*I'm thinking we are supposed to be part of the decision of whether or not to hide us from the Emperor.*

*What?! Are you saying what I think you're saying? I think I'm getting a headache.*

Luke grinned at his sister. *Don't try to think about it too much. I may be wrong. Just trust the Force and we'll take it from there.*

"Master Yoda, are you sure about this?" Obi-wan looked from Padmé to Yoda to Luke and Leia who were standing to the side having a silent conversation.

Yoda looked at Padmé "Know we do that Anakin has been influenced by someone of the Dark Side. Found out the council has who this person is. Palpatine is Darth Sidious." Padmé looked as if she was going to scream, cry and faint all at once. Yoda looked back at Obi-wan, who seemed to be deep in thought. "Sure am I. Feel the Force calling I do. Meant to be here they are."

"Master Yoda," Padmé began, tightly controlling the urge to throw something which was even more frustrating since she didn't have anything to throw, "I'm not sure about this, but if it is as you say, then I will trust you." She somehow felt that he was right. No matter how embarrassing her predicament was, or how angry she was at Palpatine, these strangers wer

20. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    boy,Inez, you are even more evil than I am! I have to wait all weekend for the next post.....and I will! ;) :)

::scrambles off to try to finish chapter 8 to get it ready for beta-ing::

21. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, i can't wait for more, this stroy is extgremely interesting, u are doing a great job, keep up the great work

22. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    See Padawan? All you must do is follow the Field of Dreams mantra.

If you post it, they will come.

;)

Master Excal

23. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    Wow I just found this and I love it! (The title attracted me). I always wanted Luke and Leia to meet Padme. Keep it up! ;

Upping this!

24. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Well folks, I just popped in for some reader replies and a disguised up. :)

Liz Is that what it takes to get you to write Chapter 8??? I'll have to make you wait more often. [face_devil] :p

forceaddict Thanks! :D

Excal *whines* AWWW! Do I have to 'Ease their Pain' too? I was just discovering the joy of reader-torture! [face_devil]

alain_bioras Welcome and thanks! I always wanted them to find out about their Mom somehow, so I figured I'd just make it happen. [face_mischief]

inez

25. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Hey, I just found this fic! Luke and Leia meet Padme? How exciting! :)

Can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.