main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'd Do It All Again - A Skywalker family reunion...sort of *THE END!!!! 10/13*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by inez_the_swampgirl, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Standmaiden Welcome! Hope you will enjoy the excitement to come. :)

Coming Soon.... The truth isn't always pleasant.

inez

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I don't really have any speculations. I can imagine Han won't have any nice things to say though.

3. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    This is really good. Please post more soon! ;)

Hoya

4. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    Good post inez. Keep it up.

5. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Mom Well, Han is a family man now, so we'll see. Then again, he's still our Han. (That confusing enough for ya? ;) )

Hoya Thanks! There will be another update tomorrow afternoon.

Lucid_Lady Thanks! I will keep it up.

inez

6. DarthKimballDreamer

DarthKimballDreamer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    Hi there! Well I just wandered into this story-basically, how I find most of the stories I read outside of excal & Jaxx's-and was considerably intrigued! You're a truly talented writer, and I am really enjoying this. Luke and Leia meeting Padme? Obi-Wan? And possibly even "Daddy"? How can I resist? Post more if you would be so kind! And keep up the great work!

7. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks for reading DarthKimballDreamer . Excal's my master, so I guess you could say you are keeping it in the family. ;)

New post tomorrow, everyone! :D

inez

8. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hey, this is really cool! Twins interacting with their mother! I love it!

So Luke and Leia can talk inside their heads, but the members of the concil can't?

Post again soon!

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    i like the idea of luke and leia meeting padme and the council. I love these stories.
    more.

10. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Bobilll Glad you are enjoying it. Actually, I think all Jedi can be telepathic. Vader thought at Luke at the end of ESB, Luke/Leia during ESB, and Luke/Ben at the end of ANH. It's one of the few things on which I disagree with Zahn. (Like I know him. *rolls eyes*) I just didn't write that about the council. It wasn't necessary for my story.

Yodaminch I like the idea too. That's why I'm writing it. ;)

inez

11. PadmeJainasolo

PadmeJainasolo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 5, 2002
  12. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks PadmeJainasolo.

I'm just upping again so I can find this when I post this afternoon.

inez

13. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Well, it's long after noon here and I've been keeping y'all waiting long enough.

Oh who am I kidding? I've been keeping myself waiting long enough.

-------------------

All eyes in the room turned to Luke. Before anyone could ask any questions, he addressed them as one, "Thank you for allowing us to stay. I think it best if we wait for Leia to return before we begin, but I can answer any questions you may have about the future Jedi while we are waiting."

Something had been pulling at Obi-wan's curiosity since he first entered the room. "When I asked you if I knew you, you specifically said that I had not met you before today. Am I to assume you've met me?"

"Yes, it was you who started my Jedi training," said Luke with some sadness creeping into his voice. "Master Yoda finished teaching me what I needed to know."

Both Yoda and Obi-wan were confused at his precise wording, but decided to let it go for now. "Only Jedi Master she said you were. No council and a factor of training age is not. Then purges are coming, as we have foreseen," said Yoda sadly.

"Unfortunately, yes Master Yoda. For a time, I was the only Jedi in the galaxy. Along with the purges, many records were destroyed and many teachings were lost. My own training was...abbreviated. You commissioned me to pass on what I learned. I did not have the luxury of following the old methods. The Jedi Order is slowly being rebuilt. In my time, there are now approximately 100 Jedi Knights and many more students. That is why my sister and I came to be here today. I wish to re-establish the council. New students are being found almost daily. I cannot keep track of all the Jedi on my own for much longer."

Obi-wan was incensed, "Only Jedi? How many records?"

"Yes, for more than seven years, I was the last Jedi, or first of the new as you put it. I'm not sure how many records as I don't know how many there were to begin with, but I know there is a lot missing. However, since I started searching about twenty years ago, I've found enough to fill about three rooms this size, much of it redundant. That's not counting the Dark Side information and Anti-Jedi propaganda, of course."

Luke was immediately taken aback by Obi-wan's look of sheer horror. A hard knot began to form in his stomach as he asked, "Exactly how much am I missing?"

Obi-wan led him to a window and pointed at one of the towers that made up the Jedi Temple. "That is the library tower. Our Hall of Records."

Luke stood silent for a long moment then swore and started pacing the room, staring at the other towers and getting his bearings. He recognized little that looked the same as his time, but was still able to see exactly where he was on Coruscant. He turned to Obi-wan, "The whole tower? Are all these towers part of the Temple?"

Obi-wan and Yoda glanced at each other, "About half of that tower contains our library. The five towers and the surrounding terrain make up the entire Temple complex. The towers represent the path of enlightenment through the Force."

Luke ran a hand over his face and then through his hair, then swore again. "We always knew the Jedi Temple was on Coruscant. We just didn't know where. About four years ago, New Republic archaeologists told me that they had found it." Luke paused, collecting his thoughts. "There was an abandoned office building built over the ruins. In fact, almost all of this area is now built over. The Senate wasted no time granting the rights of the property back to the Jedi. After the archaeologists and historians finished their investigations, we had the building torn down and a new Temple was constructed over the ruins of the old." Luke took a deep breath and looked Yoda in the eye to emphasize his point, "None of us ever knew that there was more than one tower. It never even occurred to us to look further. Palpatine was very thorough."

A silence settled over the room as Luke revealed the truth of the Jedi Council's fears. After a few minutes, Padmé changed the subject with a hesitant smi

14. PadmeJainasolo

PadmeJainasolo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 5, 2002
    "Mom says Uncle Luke told her that he was good when he died. That's why I got his name."

that is so sweet! AWW :_| Padme must be feeling horrible but I don't understand how Padme and Obi-wan come back to the future. can someone explain.

15. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    "Mom says Uncle Luke told her that he was good when he died. That's why I got his name."
    Anikan is so sweet.b

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    such a sweet post.

Now, should I post chapter 8 of my OWN

story? Or make you sweat a few more

hours? [face_devil] [face_devil]

17. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    PadmeJainasolo There's lots of Padme angst to come. [face_devil]

Note: The Skywalker/Solo clan came to the past, not the other way around. Leia got them to focus their meditation on the past along with her and Luke. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Lucid_Lady Anakin (Solo) definitely has a cuteness factor, in that prococious little boy kind of way.

Liz You are turning to the Dark Side, Liz, but it's not too late to come back to the Light. Just sit down at your computer and post. Just one post is all it takes to put aside your sithly ways. Please, Liz, I know there is still good in you.

inez

18. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Awwww, that was so sweet! It's funny how you had the entire Jedi Council plus Padme witness the bickering between Leia and Han.

I agree, Anakin is so sweet to make that comment!

So technically there are two Lukes and Leias right now, one talking to the council, and one in Padme's belly!

19. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    bobilll Actually, Yoda, Obi-wan, and Padme are the only ones from the past left in the room. Yoda dismissed the rest of the council a couple of posts ago. But yes, they get to witness many 'family interactions' between Han, Leia and the others.

Anyway, yes, there are two Luke's and Leia's in the room right now. That discussion comes up in a later post. :)

inez

p.s. Liz Welcome back to the Light Side! I just read Chapter 8 of your story, and I am well satisfied. ;)

20. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    Fabulous inez! Simply fabulous! :D Please write more soon. Is there a chance you may post tonight? ;) :p

Hoya

21. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Hoya Thanks! :D I'll post another segment today or tomorrow.

Question/Poll: Do you, my readers, like short posts every day or so, or long posts a couple of times a week? Which do think is more likely to attract readers? And am I being a nerf for asking? :p Please let me know.

Coming Soon... In the beginning...

inez

22. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    "Mom says Uncle Luke told her that he was good when he died. That's why I got his name." :_| That's so sweet! I've always liked Anakin.

As to your poll, I like fewer but longer posts, because with school I don't have time to come on-line every day. I don't know if that's the popular opinion or not, though.

And no, you're not a nerf. 8-}

23. DarthKimballDreamer

DarthKimballDreamer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    Anakin noticed this and decided to explain. "Mom says Uncle Luke told her that he was good when he died. That's why I got his name."
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
    that was heartbreakingly sweet. (I know it's been said, but hey I think it bears repeating).
    As for me, I'd say fewer but longer posts, simply because I tend to fall behind what with school and all. Either way, keep up the great work :)
    ~*kimball*~

24. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I like the idea of fewer, longer posts myself. In honor of that (and because it fits my schedule better), I will post a very long segment tonight before I get busy with all the stuff I have to do this weekend. Until then...

inez

25. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Yeah, I agree with the others, long post once in a while is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.