main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'd Do It All Again - A Skywalker family reunion...sort of *THE END!!!! 10/13*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by inez_the_swampgirl, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    WOOHOO!!! 100 posts! :D

Y'all. I am sooo excited! I have gotten over some major DWB and I'm finally writing the big climactic action scenes that I've been mulling over and over in my head for weeks. Those posts are still a ways off, but I can't wait for you to read them. :D

alain_bioras Yes, I will continue posting, don't worry.

Standmaiden Thanks. I read somewhere (I think it was the Unofficial Encyclopedia) that Beggar's Canyon was part of the podracing track. I just had to tie it in. I really am attempting to explain a lot of little loose ends in this story. I'm having mostly good luck in that area. :)

Paige Welcome and thanks! I know there are lots of time-travel fics out there and I really wanted this one to be an original idea that hopefully no one has thought of yet.

Jilly Yes, I did not write it correctly the first time and then I did edit it. :p I like Inez too. ;)

Liz, bobilll, Mom, and Luci_Lady Well, I hate to disappoint you, but no numbers will be revealed. However, there are some other startling revelations coming up that I hope you will enjoy.

Coming Soon... Immaculate Conception

inez

2. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    I'm trying to wait patiantly. I really am.

3. DarthKimballDreamer

DarthKimballDreamer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    *waits*
    Sorry I got so behind!! But those past 2 posts were definitely great ones...yes, they are "retellings", but I like how you keep it from being monotonous and keep me interested even though I HAVE seen them! You're doing great work Inez-keep it up! I'm enjoying it immensely!
    ~*Kimball*~

4. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Lucid_Lady You are being more patient than I am. I am forcing myself to only reply to my readers once a day. ;)

DarthKimballDreamer That's OK, Darth. At least you are caught up. Glad you are liking my posts and aren't bored. :p

For those of you who want to know, this story is not only a 'retelling'. All this leads to the true plot later on. [face_devil]

New post tomorrow afternoon! [face_mischief]

inez

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    newpost - looking forward to it.

um, the little teaser......Anakin *wasn't* that sort of conception........

Anyway......darn, no numbers? *pouts*

6. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Well padawan, it seems as though your story has legs! I don't think your readers will disappear, so it seems as though this thing is succeeding like I thought it would.

One thing I want to support Inez in saying is that this is only part of the story's plot. This isn't just a rehash of the stories from other characters. There is much more coming later that I think will be quite interesting. I've already read a part of the story's conclusion and...wow....you guys are in for a treat. :)

Master Excal

7. PadmeJainasolo

PadmeJainasolo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 5, 2002
    impressive,most impressive
    uppers! upppers! uppers! uppers!
    more soon inez? :D

plops down and waits

8. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Liz Sorry about the conception confusion. :( Anyway, I hope you like the this next post. :)

Excal Thanks! I do enjoy my readers. [face_blush] And you've been a big help, too.

PadmeJainasolo Yes, more soon and thanks for the up. Your patience is rewarded.

----------------

Obi-wan returned with the midichlorian testing device. He gave a brief explanation of how it worked and what it measured, then he grabbed Luke's right hand. "Just a little prick and that's all it takes."

Luke pulled his hand back and gave Obi-wan his left, "You won't get anything from that one." At the look on Obi-wan's face, Luke explained, "It's a prosthetic."

Padmé and Obi-wan were surprised. Padmé stated, "I don't believe it. They've come that far in prosthetic technology? Ani's prosthetic never looked that life-like."

*I thought you told me he lost his hand after the first Death Star.* Luke thought at his wife.

Mara gave a little shrug of her shoulders. *Actually, I didn't know. I was just trying to rile you at the time.*

Luke pulled back his sleeve and opened the wrist access panel to expose the mechanics inside. He twisted his lip, "Sometimes, I forget it's not flesh and blood."

Padmé and Obi-wan were both extremely curious as to how he lost his hand, but were too polite to ask. Instead, Obi-wan just took his left hand and took the sample for the test. After watching this, Leia and Mara both decided to get tested. Obi-wan took their samples and then gave everyone the results. "Just as I suspected. Luke and Leia, your numbers are the highest numbers on record, after Anakin's of course. Mara, your numbers are extremely high as well, almost as high as Master Yoda's. Who were your parents, if I may ask?"

Mara got a faraway look in her eyes. "I don't know." Obi-wan was about to inquire further, but then noticed Luke shake his head in warning.

Leia asked, "So what does all this mean?"

"Well, as I said, the higher the midichlorian count, the greater your link to the Force. You two have the potential be the most powerful Jedi in history next to the Chosen One, your father." Obi-wan spoke with more than a little awe in his voice.

Luke and Leia squirmed at the thought, knowing what their father had become. Han politely swerved the conversation, "And our children would have this same potential?"

Yoda explained, "Have the potential, all beings do, but influenced by genetics are all things. Noticed I have that your son has blue eyes, as do Luke and Anakin, yet have not you or Leia. In the same way, midichlorians work. Stronger are the odds if parents have them as well."

"Yes," Luke said, "Many of my students have some ancestor with Force potential, but a few do not."

"Every now and then, a Force-sensitive child is born into a family with no previous history of Force potential. Just as in genetics, some trait will show up unexpectedly." Obi-wan said.

Leia was curious, "And this is what happened to our father?"

Obi-wan pointed to Luke and Leia, "Your father was a special case. A fulfillment of prophecy actually. He was a child of the Force, the Chosen One."

Leia was confused, "You keep saying he's the Chosen One, a fulfillment of prophecy. What prophecy are you talking about? What is the Chosen One?"

Obi-wan shook his head and took a deep breath. After getting an approving nod from Yoda, he began. "There is an ancient Jedi prophecy that states a child will be born of the Force. That is, this child will be conceived by the midichlorians. This 'Chosen One' will have an unprecedented connection to the Force, thereby possessing skills as a an untrained child that many adults have trouble mastering. The Chosen One will bring balance to the Force. Many believe this will come about after a period of great darkness."

Luke and Leia were speechless. Naturally, Han jumped right in and asked the question everybody was thinking but were too shocked ask. "You're telling us that they have no grandfather?"

"Um...no, they don't. Unless you

9. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    WOW!!! This was a good one, inez.

10. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    "You're telling us that they have no grandfather?"

"Um...no, they don't. Unless you count the midichlorians."

[face_laugh] Poor Luke and Leia! So many shocks in such a short time!

11. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Technacally, the twins do have a grandfather from their mother's side! But to be a part of a legend... That really has to be wierd!

12. DarthKimballDreamer

Sep 7, 2002
    Great one, Inez! Wow...so many shocks in such a short time, I agree!! You're doing a fantastic job, keep it up!

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good post

don't they have a grandfather naberrrie? ;) Padmé's father?

14. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    Nice post inez!

"I think I need a drink." [face_laugh]

15. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the replies. I am really, really glad you are enjoying my story. This is the first thing I've written other than reports and stuff for school, so your responses mean a lot. I'll respond individually tomorrow. I'm just here, breaking my own rule about posting in my own thread more than once a day. :p

*sets out a plate of freshly baked, homemade chocolate chip cookies*

inez

16. ShaydremMoon

ShaydremMoon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002

great story!

17. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    another fantastic post, Inez. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. This is turning into a really interesting story.

~~Jilly

18. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Lucid_Lady Thanks, LL! I loved writing this scene. It just sort of flowed.

Standmaiden Yup! :D So many startling revelations, so little time.... Actually, I wanted to title this story "Revelations" but someone else beat me to it, so I had to change my title. :(

bobilll Yes, they do have a maternal grandfather, but I was focusing on Anakin's lineage here. Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree that it is weird, which is why they need a drink. I know I would, and I don't normally drink alcohol.

DarthKimballDreamer :) Yes, many more shocks to come, although I think this is the one that hit them hardest...

[face_devil] Then again, Master Excal's comment on what is to come... THAT scene is also quite a shock, in a completely different way. *laughs maniacally*

Liz Thanks, Liz. Yes, Padmé's dad is their grandfather, but he doesn't make it into this story. Sorry.

alain_bioras Thanks. I love that line too. [face_mischief]

Me COOKIES! :D

ShaydremMoon Glad you like it. :) More surprises to come.

Jilly Thank you Jilly. Have a cookie.

Coming soon... Like father, like son.

inez

19. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    well, it's past midnight here...

UP!

inez

20. DarthKimballDreamer

Sep 7, 2002
    UP, UP, AND AWAY!!!!
    I'm headin' home for the weekend...hopefully I'll sneak in some computer time and check the boards!!!! Have a great weekend y'all!!!
    PS: Inez you can just call me "Kimball" if you want...that's what they call me in the Fortress and over at excal's story :)

21. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Sure thing, Kimball! [face_mischief]

inez

*wanders out of thread on her way to see James Bond*

22. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
  23. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    *runs back into thread* :eek: You have to see this movie! Die Another Day was really cool! My friend called it 'pun-o-rama', but I think it was really nice how they paid tribute to the other movies. I don't want to give anything away, but I will say....CARFIGHT! :D You have to see the movie to understand.

Thanks for the up little_Skywalker, and welcome to my story. [face_mischief]

inez

24. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    Hey! Just found your story and read it in something like two hours, I love it!!! You're doing such a wonderful job, I wouldn't have known that this is your first. Keep up the awesome work, and though I may go into lurk mode, as long as you keep posting, I promise to keep reading!

25. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Ooh, just found this, it's so good!

Good old blunt Han.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.