main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'd Do It All Again - A Skywalker family reunion...sort of *THE END!!!! 10/13*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by inez_the_swampgirl, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    LP Thanks! :D Only one more to go after this one.

-------------------

Several hours later, the Solo household was winding down from a morning filled with raucous present opening. Chewbacca sat inspecting his new bandolier. Luke and Han debated the many uses of their new hyperdrive upgrades. Leia and Mara admired the simple, but elegant jewelry bought for them by their husbands. Jaina, Jacen and Anakin played with the new Force puzzle made by their uncle. Ben lay asleep, curled up by the meter-tall, stuffed Bantha that his Grandpa Talon found on one of his many excursions to the Outer Rim.

Leia answered the comm as it interrupted their conversations. A young security guard, high enough in rank to guard the President, but too low in rank to be excused on a holiday, appeared on the screen. ?Madame President, I?m sorry to bother you this morning, but we have a woman demanding to see you. She won?t leave a message or make an appointment and wants to speak to you personally.?

Leia could see an old woman in the background, quietly arguing with a very embarrassed man. Just as she was about to ask the guard what she wanted, the woman turned to the screen and stared right at Leia?s projected face. Leia gasped. Her family crowded around and did the same. The woman looked very much like Padmé.

?Madame President,? the woman stated. ?I apologize for intruding on a family gathering. I would not do so except for the strict instructions of Milady Amidala.?

Stunned, Leia was barely able to answer. ?Lieutenant, show them here immediately.?

A few minutes later, the older couple were shown into the Solo?s living room. When the lieutenant left, the old man turned to Leia as he sent a sideways glare to his wife. ?Forgive my wife?s impertinence, Madame President. We will leave you to your family. We should not have interfered.? He tried to pull his wife to the door.

?Nonsense, Sir. You are here now. Please, stay and tell us about Lady Padmé?s instructions.? Leia said forcefully.

The old woman looked at Leia questioningly. ?You know of Milady? You have heard of her??

Leia nodded. ?Only just recently. She was my mother.? Luke smiled gently. The old woman?s face paled and she started to tremble. Her husband took her arm and led her to the couch. Han brought her something hot to drink and she started to mumble.

?She never said a word. She never told me.? The woman stared wide-eyed at Luke and Leia. ?I can see it now. We assumed she was running from Palpatine.? Her eyes closed and she took a deep breath. ?The rest were all hunted down, in search of her. I?m the only one left. I should have been with her.? She began to cry silently. Her husband put his arms around her and began their tale.

?My apologies. We have not introduced ourselves. I am Sirvan and this is my wife, Dormé. She was a handmaiden to the Queen, Amidala of Naboo, many years ago. When the Queen?s term ended and she was elected Senator, many of her handmaidens remained with her for protection. Dormé and I were married and moved to Commenor. She kept in contact with Lady Amidala and the others.? Sirvan frowned sadly. ?When Amidala started to receive death threats, Dormé wished to return to her service, but was expecting our third child. She could not go. I refused to let her go.?

?By the time I was able to return, she was already in hiding.? Dormé said. ?Then Palpatine declared himself Emperor. Milady was labeled a traitor to the Republic because she spoke out against him and convinced the Naboo council to exile him from our homeworld.? Dormé wiped her eyes. ?All the while, it was he who was the traitor!?

?Several weeks after Palpatine became Emperor, Padmé appeared at my door. I had not seen nor heard from her in months. She looked frightened and extremely sad, as if she had lost her most cherished possession and her soul was split in two. She told me the others were dead, hunted down because of her.? Dormé wept. ?Padmé said she was going away and would not be able to contact

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

WOW!!! :eek:

And of course, having met her twins, Padme would know how to leave instructions for Dormé to deliver the package to Leia. This is so cool! :cool:

Dying to find out what's in the box... :D

Great job, inez!!

3. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Great inez

Dormé! :cool: Though it is sad that all the other ones were killed :(

I so want to know what is in that box.

4. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Hmmm, instructions as to how Luke and Leia can find her? Maybe? :D [face_hopeful]

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *tries to sneak peek in package and gets caught by Inez* Okay, okay, I'll wait until next week. ;)

Poor Dorme, being the only one left. *sniff*

6. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, can't wait to see what the gift was

7. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Such a great post. Can't wait for the next one. :)

~~Jilly

8. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hmmmm I wonder what the box has in it .. . and where Padme' ended up going to. . .

:D

looking forward to it :D

9. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was sooooo cute!!!!!!

I like Dorme's comment on how Anakin looked at Padme....lol

It is sad all the other handmaidens died...and I wonder what is in that box....hum....

Last post already?!?!?!?!?!?!? I am going to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This fic was totally awesome!!!!!!

10. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    OK, everyone! Here it is! THIS IS THE END!

Thanks to everyone who has been reading and encouraging me this past year. (Yes, it's been a year. :p ) I really appreciate it and couldn't have done it without you.

Special thanks to Master Excal. I made a good friend this year. :)

Inez

---------------------

Everyone sat staring at the box where Leia had carefully placed it on the caf table. Luke and Leia stared at each other, silently daring the other to open the box first. Han got tired of this very quickly and scooped it up.

Inside, he found several data disks, a holocube and a holovid chip. He handed them over to the twins. Luke activated the holocube, while Leia picked up the datadisks. She found copies of an old journal belonging to her mother and one containing love letters from Anakin. She set them aside for later and was surprised to find tears in her brother?s eyes. Following his gaze, she gasped, then began to cry herself. There before them, was a holo of their mother holding two newborn infants. She was smiling, but it did not appear to be a happy occasion. Something in her eyes revealed the tragedy about to take place. This happy little scene would soon be torn apart, literally.

Luke pressed a button on the side of the cube and the scene changed. This one revealed a young boy with dirt all over his face, grinning madly while a young Padmé stood next to him, smiling. On either side was an older woman and a tall Jedi. Luke gasped and quickly explained to Leia that this was the woman whose holo he had seen as a boy. This was their grandmother. The holo was a little crooked and appeared to be looking down at them all. They wondered who had taken it. More clicks of the button revealed holos of their parents private wedding, overlooking a beautiful lake, a formal portrait of Queen Amidala of Naboo in her ceremonial robes, and another of the Queen standing next to a very young Obi-wan and Anakin atop a large set of stairs. There were also a few of Anakin and Padmé when they were older. These were candid shots of the two of them in various places, usually surrounded by water or flowering fields. In all of them, Anakin was staring at Padmé in some fashion. The old woman had been right, the look he gave her was powerful. Both smiled happily in every holo. The twins assumed these were from the few times they spent together as husband and wife.

When they had seen them all, the twins smiled at each other. Leia was finally seeing the human side of Anakin Skywalker and didn?t find it so revolting. Luke could sense this in her and hugged his sister. They silently placed the holovid chip in Artoo and sat back to watch. A thin, pale and almost withered-looking Padmé materialized in front of them.

?Luke. Leia. So much has happened in the few months since I spoke with you. I have never considered myself a coward, but I have cause to fear now. Palpatine has declared me a traitor and a threat to his empire. He and his armies have decimated our homeworld of Naboo. They have hunted down what is left of my friends, in search of me.?

She fought back tears. ?He knows I am his strongest adversary. I still have influence over Anakin, therefore I must not be allowed to survive. Obi-wan and Yoda have been able to hide me, but with your birth, we have become too easy to find. I do not believe he knows about you, but if he did, he would kill us all.?

Padmé was openly weeping now. ?I saw my beloved husband turn into an unspeakable monster before my very eyes. I saw him slaughter hundreds, maybe thousands that day. He has led the search for us and as some kind of twisted pledge of loyalty to Palpatine, he must hunt me. Yoda has been sheilding us as much as he can, but he says the Force is too powerful in Anakin, and in you. I have been fighting it, but we have all decided that you were right. You must be separated,? Padmé choked out.

?Leia, I was disturbed by your attitude towards your father, but I cannot condemn it. You only

11. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    FIRST POST!!

Whoa how cool is that!

OK first of all let me just say that I know I haven't responded in the past few weeks, but things have been getting steadily crazier and I don't have much time for fan fic- but I have DEFINITELY been keeping up with this and I'm so sorry to see it go- although the ending was beautiful. This fic has been a great ride, and I definitely hope you'll PM me when you put up your new fic (didn't you mention that you were putting up a new fic? If not, sorry!) Anyway, thanks for the great story and I can't wait to see more from you!

12. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

* reads last post *

Dies :eek:

Inez, inez, inez...that was...

...that was...

...that was...

SIMPLY PERFECT!!!!

The last line just said it all.

* wipes away tear of happiness *

Thank you for all those wonderful hours of enjoyment, and for a great, great story!

* crosses fingers in hopes that a sequel will be in the offing * ;) :p

13. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post inez

great ending to a wonderful story

great work

14. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    :_| That ending was simply amazing.

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

15. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Awesome and powerful ending inex

I'd do it all again
    What more could be said than that?

16. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Whoo-hoo! :D Inez, that's simply a perfect ending for this story. Everything else leads up to it so well. Wonderful! :D

I'm sorry to see this story end, but it's been so much fun - and I have high hopes for the next. Thanks, Inez! Please let me know when the next story is ready. :D

17. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Beautiful ending to a wonderful fic. :) Absolutely loved it! :D

18. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    I'm proud of you Inez. You won over a ton of readers and only improved over time, two things every writer strives for. Props to you. And thank you for being a good friend- despite the age difference (me being younger) and area difference (Cajun versus...um...JOISEY!), I think we've become pretty good friends and I trust your advice more than most- and it's all appreciated.

I can't wait to see you take on your own trainees. You've done a great job Inez. Bravo.

Excal

19. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    "We didn?t set out to defy the Council, tradition or anyone. We only loved each other.? BEAUTIFUL!!!! :_|

I enjoyed this story soo much... Well done, Inez!!!! :)

20. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    That was absolutely wonderful Inez! The ending was perfect. I'm terribly sorry for the story to end, but i'm glad to have read it and, as the saying goes, all good things must come, eventually, to an end. Someone mentioned another fic from you? If and when that happens, please pm. me as well.
    Congratulations on an excellent work.

Paige

21. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    that was simply wonderful inez.

Just like Padme' to want her children to know what really happened and the whole truth :D

22. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Beautiful, Inez. Great job, and congrats on finishing.

23. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    YOU.MADE.ME.CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY!!!!

I cried for real!!!!!!!! FOR REAL!!!!!

This was sooooo sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it was so awesome!!

Inez, I thank the moment I found your story, even if I joined only later..but it was all worth it....and now..*sniff* IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it....me who thought it would last forever..seriously, I didn't think I'd see the end because I wanted it to keep going....

But it was a wonderful ending and a wonderful ride with you.

Congrats and thank you for the awesome story!

~Solo

24. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Everyone Thank you so much for your kind words and your feedback. :) I think I enjoyed your replies almost as much as I enjoyed posting this story. You've all made it a very encouraging experience. This was my first fanfic and you have all made it a lot easier for me to continue my writing.

Anyway, I have kept a list of all my readers and I will definitely let all of you know when I am ready to post my next story.

Chocolate chip cookies and milk for everybody! :D

Love ya!
    Inez

25. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    A harrowing, well-rounded tale...somehow I had a gut feeling that the story was going to end with the very title of the piece as a quote by a character, but oddly enough, I expected it to be on an upbeat note.

I say again, you capture emotions excellently, Inez. Check your private messages.

~Ty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.