I'd Do It All Again - A Skywalker family reunion...sort of *THE END!!!! 10/13*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by inez_the_swampgirl, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL! :D

I originally planned to end this with a joke about Han reading Luke and Leia's birth certificate and finding out who was older. But this ending just wrote itself. I got into a 'zone' and the next thing I knew, the story was over. :p

Inez
  2. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    This was a beautiful story, Inez, all the way around. You brought so much more depth to Padme's feelings than I suspect Lucas will in Ep. III.

Looking forward to your next venture.
  3. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    Fantastic ending Inez!

~~Jilly
  4. Starphyre Jedi Knight

star 1
    What can be said, that hasn't already been said? That was a wonderful story. I know I haven't replied much but I've been a loyal lurker ;).

I eagerly await your next work. :D :D :D
  5. ShaydremMoon Jedi Knight

star 2
    That was awesome Inez! Wow! And that was a great way to end it!
  6. amber-light Jedi Knight

Wow doesn't even begin to decribe the last few posts. :) I haven't had an opportunity to check the boards recently and I am so pleased to see that you've posted, though it means that there wouldn't be anymore :(

I like the creativity of the whole story and its refreshing to let the whole family to learn about the past this way. Especially liked the end where Padme said that she'd do it all again...just like the title :)

Great work!
    amber :)
  7. little_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    WOW! I am truely amazed inez. that was a powerful and moving story. It was certinally not a waste of my time to read. the action scenes seemed to pull the writter into the scenes. The emotional scenes could also be felt by the reader. The little subplot of The characters telling a story and also trying to come to terms with thier anger that they though had been delt with was also very powerful.

well done Inez I hope to read more of your work soon. :)

-Ashley
  8. C3SoloP0 Jedi Master

star 4
    Be sure to let me know inez!!!

I love your work..

As for what you said about the birth certificates...I wonder if we will find out who is older in Episode III...
  9. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Guys!

I am really freaked out right now. I read the blurb on Zahn's new book coming out in February. IT IS VERY SIMILAR TO MY NEXT FIC (parts are, anyway). Part of me is hyper cause I thought of something supposedly that cool, but the other part of me is a little scared. I don't want to look like I plagerized or anything. :( I've gotta decide if I'm gonna continue writing it.

Inez
  10. little_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    well I don't think you'd be coping his work write what you were going to write I assume its going to be AU so It doesn't really matter. as long as you don't strickly follow his book line by line it will be ok. PM me the link when you start your story. :)
  11. TreeCave Jedi Master

star 4
    Really beautiful, Inez! The ending made me cry, too. Above all, you gave us a really nice glance into this family as it might have been, and it was very believable.
  12. messicat_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh inez, that was just a champion effort. That story is one of the greatest ones I've ever read on the boards. Good stuff. You should be proud of your work, you have a great story here :) I'm glad I found it. Thanks for sending me the PM about finishing it, DRL has just drowned me lately and this is the first time in a long time that I've visited the fanfic boards.

Good job!
  13. MariaDiecowski Jedi Youngling

Cry Cry sniff

I hate happy endings but this is so good

My Makeup is smeared

Maria Diecowski
    Sister of Anakin Skywalker and daughter of Papatine
  14. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    upping just cause I can :p

Inez
  15. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Just wanted to post to tell you i did read the last few posts, I just didn't reply right away........

Excellent ending, but sooooo sad. :(
  16. J_M_Bulldog Force Ghost

star 4
    inez wanted to tell you that I read this to my Nana, who is a big SW fan. She loved it.
  17. Marsa Jedi Knight

star 2

Wow.

This was absolutely beautiful.

I'm so glad you didn't make them change Vader back, and change the past somehow.

I always feel that life has good and bad, and that people have to make their choices based on the fact that the past is the past, and we shouldn't worry about it, but learn from it.

We don't live in a perfect world, and I'm glad you let a little reality show through in this.

It was beautifully, and masterfully done.

Thank you so much for this! ~Marsa
  18. C3SoloP0 Jedi Master

star 4
    some things just have to be read..... :)
  19. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    I just read a 53 beautiful pages of this fic...it was truly awe-inspiring. I will watch your career with great interest.
  20. LaYa_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wonderful story ... Simply wonderful [face_love] :_|
  21. Tenyia-Twilight Jedi Padawan

I tripped over a link to this, and have now been up far too late reading it all in one go. I don't know what to say.

I suppose, to start with - it's fabulous. ;) You have a balance to your story that many authors miss, and except for Chewie, I think your characterizations were spot on. Though I was sure that the Solo children should have been older, I loved how they popped up in the temple closet. *grin* The ending was very powerful, all the more so because I think most of us expected something positive.

And on the issue of wanting to avoid accusations of plagerism - go ahead and write. Just don't read the book before you do. ;) And let me know when you do, okay? I can't wait to read what you write next.
  22. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow!

First, hello to new readers! Thanks! :)

I've been gone a long time. When I finished this fic, I was severely burnt out on all things SW. I'm slowly getting back into things and I'm psyched to find new readers so many months after it was posted.

In the past year or so, I've been reading other fanfic fandoms and getting my SW fix from StarWars: Galaxies. Long story. :)

I really haven't worked on the other story much. I've got a few chapters done and/or outlined, but I've been having trouble getting myself pumped up to do any kind of writing. I've been thinking up plotlines and scenes though, and the bunny never left me, so who knows? In the meantime, I'm slowly catching up on all those other stories I was reading here.

Inez
  23. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

* waves to inez *

Great to see you back on these boards again. Hope to see a lot more of you in the future! :)
  24. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
    Inez! :eek: What my evil twin said. :D [:D]
  25. Jeditheskyisblue Force Ghost

star 4
    I read some of this the other day but didn't get time to finish I hope to have time soon to finish it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.