main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'd like to introduce myself.

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Rebel-Princess, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel-Princess

Rebel-Princess Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Hi Boston Rebels,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I've checked out your website and I'd love to become a member of your group and get a chance to talk with some my fellow Star Wars fans. It's so nice to know that there's a group like you guys in Boston and New England.

I was planning on going to the convention at the Bay Side Expo, since I'm a comic book collector and I'm looking forward to seeing your booth.

If you'd like to talk and tell me more about what your group does please post. I'd love to hear from you.

2. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Welcome! :)

Mostly we have monthly meetings just to have fun in a group. Sometimes we see a movie, or go to the Museum of Science, or just hang out in our favorite restaurant, the Beantown Pub. Our next meet is of course the Con next weekend.

To become a member:

1.) Post in the boards regularly.
    2.) Come to a meet.

3. Rebel-Princess

Nov 4, 2002
    Thanks for the info.

Will do.

Are you guys still working on getting Celebration 3 to come to Boston?

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Greetings! :D Welcome to the Rebels!

I believe we're petitioning the Hynes Convention Center to host Celebration III...Dave? Tony? Roy? Any news?

And yup, we'll be at the con. The official meet is going to be on Saturday--you can keep up on that through the "Preparations for Meet #18" thread.

Anything else, if you want to get to know us, find out about our activities...there's always the web site, a private message to one of us, or any of our exciting threads!! :D

Oh, and don't let any of the oldbies scare you. Rest assured it's all in good fun. :)

5. Rebel-Princess

Nov 4, 2002
    Thanks for the friendly advice.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help with that. I would love for it to come here.

Also, I wondering...

I have always wanted to make a cool star wars costume. Is there anyone in the rebels or do you know of a web site. I'm especially interested in Leia and the Jedi.

6. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, costumes seem to be quite the hobby for Carrie (idarii) and Traci (CrimsonVision), if you'd like to ask one of them for some tips. I've been trying without end OR success to get a podracer costume m'self. ;)

7. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Actually, Chris, I think we had the new convention center in mind. It's being built in 2004. I'm not sure where it's going to be, but I know that it's HUGE! :)

8. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hi rebel princess, i'm carrie :) welcome to our group :) i guess you could say i'm te official Rhode Island member of the rebels :p

as for costuming, i just finished a set of jedi robes for myself and am now working on the saber hilt. any questions or help that you need, please feel free to ask :)

9. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    I'm Ed. But the people around here tend to refer to me as their god. So yea.. You can call me that too if you wish. Or Jedi Master Theed. I've been called that as well.

10. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Welcome Rebel Princess! The chances of us having Celebration Two here are slim but we'll give it our best shot.

I'm Dave btw. Did you happen to e-mail Staff@bostonrebels.net? If so I was the one you talked to.

11. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    I think the possibility of us having Celebration Two here is damned near impossible. Infact I think I'm right in saying it will NEVER happen.

12. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    That's cuz Celebration II is already over, Ed. We are hoping for III. ;)

EDIT: Rebel-Princess, tell us about yourself, cuz your profile doesn't say much.

13. Rebel-Princess

Nov 4, 2002
    Thanks you guys for all your replies.

You really know how to make a person feel welcomed.

Hi Dave. I did email you. Thanks for advice to post here.

I can't wait to meet you all at the next meeting.

14. Rebel-Princess

Nov 4, 2002
    Well, here's a little bit about me:

My name's Amy and 28 years old. That means I've been a fan since I was 3 1/2 when the first movie came out in 1977.

Besides loving Star Wars, I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Xena, the Evil Dead movies, and comic books. Also I study Tae Kwon Do and I have my red stripe which means I'm 2 belts away from my black belt. I act and I hope to write my own script for movie that I can star in. A fantasy, sci-fi, action movie of course.

And I'm so glad to know there are other people in Boston and New England who love Star Wars as much as I.

15. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Finally! Another Buffy fan!

My name is Leah. You can call me Leia since they are both my name. I prefer Leia.
    Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello before I go back to my writing. I'm working on a fanfic, but I'm not sure how long it is right now. I lost count at around 7 pages. Amazing what you can do when you have too much free time.

16. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Well..... I'd say I'm more a fan of Buffy the character, not the show.

17. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    The show has gotten a bit weak lately.

18. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    The show was not much of interest. But Buffy... and Willow... now there's a reason to watch.

19. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    GUYS SHE IS A NOOB TOO, THIS DOESNT CHANGE THE SYSTEM CODE THING E MIGGE THING.
    FETTS RULE :) :) :)

20. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    What is this I hear coming from the person who freaked out when he was called a n00b, which he still is?

21. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Indeed, Rebel-Princess is a n00b same as Arthur. Not a big deal, just screwing with new members.

I'm glad you came Amy :)
    Stick around, we have far too many members who come and leave the same day.

22. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    [Yoda]Yes, yes, to Dave you listen![/Yoda] ;)

23. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
  24. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    hi rebel princess, welcome, i'm the Aussie posting Bostonian honory member. I'm also a buffy fan.

25. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    tony australia, dont u guys have your OWN board????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.