main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'd Like To See You With a Pink Slip: A Thread For Those We Want Fired

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I had planned on starting a thread like this, but wanted to hold off until I had time to devote to a proper research and essay type effort on why the Indians need to fire Eric Wedge.

But ... someone had to say/do something so stupid, that I had to start the thread without a request for Eric Wedge to be fired.

Michael Irvin.

For too long, he's been an idiot, taking up valuable time on ESPN. He adds little insight, rarely has an original thought, and usually looks ... well ... uneducated and illiterate. He's been caught with drugs both before and after he retired.

But that hasn't been enough to remove him from my television and get him fired.

So he goes on the Dan Patrick Radio show and makes my case for me.

Talking about Tony Romo, Irvin Said:
    .. [there must be] some brothers in that line somewhere ... (laughs to himself) somewhere there are some brothers ... I don?t know who saw what, where ... . [maybe] his great, great, great, great Grandma ran over in the hood or something went down ... (laughter)[hr][/blockquote]

Trying to diffuse the situation, or add some humor perhaps, Patrick asks if that's the only way someone can be a great athlete, and so ...

[blockquote][b]Irvin then says:[/b][hr]No, that?s not the only way ? but it?s certainly one way ... [maybe his] great, great, great, great Grandma pulled one of them studs up outta the barn [and said] "come here for a second" ... back in the day ...[hr][/blockquote]

This might be the stupidest and most insensitive thing that Irvin has ever said, and that's a bar he's set fairly high. This man needs fired, and soon.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    dennis green and dirk koetter. be gone, and right his very instant. thank you very much.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow. I've never thought much of Michael Irvin as a commentator (certainly agree about wasting space, but never bothered me too much since I dont watch too much NFL stuff) but thats out there even for him.

I'll agree, ESPN should dump him and find someone worthwhile.

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Why is it that he is allowed to say something like that and the baseball announcer loses his job? That's not fair.

Also, COACH FRANCHIONE NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!!!! (Unfortunately his buyout would cripple the university so it won't happen until his contract is up.)

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Tommy Smyth. The most annoying commentator I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

I just checked his Wiki article to find out how to spell his name and it appears some editors there agree with me [face_laugh]

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Tim McCarver. The worst baseball announcer I've ever heard. Often gets stats and players' names wrong, not to mention that he's one of the most biased people on the planet (clearly roots for the better team). If the Yankees are playing the Devil Rays and he's announcing, I mute the TV.

Phil Garner. Enough said.

7. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    Get a whole stack of them & just start handing them out to all the owners in Chicago.

You can let Reinsdorf off with a warning.

8. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah Irvin should be taken off the air and Reynolds back on.

bah.

I want Mark Grace to stop announcing DBacks games as well.

9. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I want Mark Grace to stop announcing DBacks games as well.

seconded.

like a damn parrot in the booth.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Redskins offensive coordinator Al Saunders. KC can have him back thank you very much.

Why did anybody think it was a good idea for Gibbs to give up offensive playcalling?

I have a headache, can't think of anybody else at the moment.

EDIT: Along the same vein since it's getting to be that time of year, who do you think will be the NFL coach fired first?

11. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    I think Dennis Green is gone. The implosion against Chicago followed by his outburst & then followed by losses to Oakland & Green Bay are too much for a team that was talking about playoffs before the season began. There is so much wrong with Arizona that a change in coach won't fix everything but I think it would be easier than for the Bidwells to address the real problem, themselves. Along the same lines Matt Millen should have been fired a while ago but the sadistic side of me likes watching how he keeps screwing up the Lions.

12. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Whoever's coaching the Australian Rugby Union team. :mad:

And whoever's meant to be looking after Australian Tennis.

13. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    Felipe Alou. Oh wait...

Hopefully Bruce Bochy will turn out better for the Giants.

14. primetime62

primetime62 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2005
    Kevin McHale. All he's good for is screwing the woolves' ffuture.

15. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    Inta da auld onion bag!!!

16. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    At this point I'd like to see everyone at ESPN fired except for the following people: Peter Gammons, Harold Rynolds, Buster Olney, Jayson Stark, Chris Mortenson. That's it. Maybe keep John Clayton. Dump every "on air persolnality", and start with Dan Patrick and Chris Berman -- both once brilliant braodcasters whose egos have grown to the size of planets. Then throw out all the copy cat youger generation guys. Keep all the illiterate jocks like Irvin around only long enough so they can do the throwing. Then hit the reboot button and go back to 1995 or so, when espn was truly great. Wehn the sports mattered more than the "entertaining personalities".

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I wouldn't want to see Stuart Scott fired.

18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    He and Rich Eisen would be third in line for me after Berman and Patrick. Seriously. Boo Yah.

19. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Al Saunders
    Joe Buck
    Tim McCarver
    Michael Kay
    Joe Theissman(or however you spell his name)
    Everybody on Baseball Tonight except for Tim whatshisface and Tino. John Kurk, Jeff Brantley and Steve Phillips need to leave fast.
    Can't think of any others.

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

20. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Harold Reynolds was fired earlier this year, so he's long gone.

21. primetime62

primetime62 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2005
    I was so upset after that. With Gammons out he was the only decent guy left. I guess Tim K. (not going to bother to spell his last name) is alright, but pretty much all the analyists are trash. Especially Kruk, Brantley, and Phillips. All are idots and if you guys watched the last episode before the post season, did you feel "dirty" after watching it. I don't know it just made me feel bad.

22. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Charlie Manuel. He personally lost the Phillies key games last year that could have allowed them to make the playoffs. He simply can't manage a team.

23. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Stuart Scott used to be decent, but he hasn't done much worthwhile lately, which mightbe why he's practically been relegated to just running Stump the Schwab lately.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I knew that years ago. How he got a second coaching job is beyond me.

25. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Witha wooooooooooy!

[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.