main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'd like to thank the academy...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Yuuzhanvong1000, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuuzhanvong1000

Yuuzhanvong1000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    Anyone on the forums the past few weeks has noticed me asking constant questions about PCI cards, power supplies, and other related brickabrack. Well, I got my card and installed it finally and it KICKS. I highly recommend the Geforce FX 5200 PCI with 128Mb from PNY to anyone with a low budget and/or no AGP. And I'd like to thank all you guys for your help. Look for me in the Halo demo (yuuzhanvong), I'm sure I'll be busy owning. Feel free to post any recollections of my constant new topics and your opinions of the PNY card here, thanks!

2. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    It is an absolutely dreadful card. My TI 4200 outperforms it. You have an excuse for having one though, since you have no AGP. Good luck with Half life 2 though. Im upgrading to an ATI 9800 pro for that game.

3. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Personally, I prefer the ATI series. ATI 128 MB 9200 SE here, a bit outdated though.

4. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Congratulations man. And don't listen to the haters ( ;)) , as long as you like the way it performs it's all good.

¤Night

5. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    yeah there was the '..no budget...' comment in there for a reason. :p

I too like the ATI series. Has always treated me good.I am running an ATI 9600(I believe) right now.

I would maybe, someday, like to cross over to the Ge-Force cards though.See how they do.

6. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Blah, bought a good cheap GeForce FX 5900 the other day... and w00t, a 'lil solder here and there, a quick flash bios update and I managed to turn it into a top of the line FX 5950 (which was subsequently overclocked, and is about £100 more expensive).

Life is good.

7. Yuuzhanvong1000

Yuuzhanvong1000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    Again, I had no AGP and the Geforce was described as the best for PCI. I had considered the ATi 9200, but it didn't come prepacked with DX9 and I didn't want to deal with that. And let me give you an idea of the improvement it was for me:

Old PC (1999-2003)
    233 MHz Cyrix Processor
    CD-ROM
    CD-RW (upgrade)
    128 RAM
    4 MB integrated video

My new stats are in my signature. See why I'm raving? Before I added the card I also had integrated Inel graphics.

8. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    It is actually good since it has all what you need. It sure is better then a ATI Moblity Radeon 9000 AGP for laptops.

9. Dark_619

Dark_619 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    i like comedy central lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.