main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'd never thought I'd say this

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LadyVader81, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    I bet ;)

I got sun burnt on my third day in texas....only my shoulders though

2. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Well I have the perfect story to show you even being careful can still cause problems...

Over in Long Island 3 years ago now, it hit more than 30C outside on the beach. I had lotioned up all bare skin, even that below my waist. And yet, I still managed to somehow get sunburned feet. Two hours later, they started swelling up. And kept swelling. Looks like I got sun poisoning. Didn't go down for a week. Could hardly walk for 3 days afterwards, and if I wanted to, had to raise my legs up to make the lyphocytes produced by the infection drain out of my feet so I could put them down.

Yep real nice. So you can see why I am not much of a sun lover. I'll go out, just gotta make sure I'm prepared :cool:

Anyhow... get those pics developed so we can have a look at the gorgeous scenery... and Texas too ;)

3. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    lmao you have to wait my friend is trying to get the pictures done for tomorrow

4. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    That's really......welll.....GROSS! Duh, Mayhem. Your feet are covered in skin too!

We got bored. Came back early. But my knee caps are bright red.

That's really gonna hurt in the morning. :D

5. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    As an epilogie for Wormie... yes I'd lotioned my feet as well. Just obviously not or often enough... my mistake!

6. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    I don't burn, but I tan straight away. Half an hour in the sun will do it for me. But I still use sunblock what with skin cancer and all.

If you burn you are more likely to get mutations in your DNA which can be bad, but not always. Tanning does not cause mutations. ALWAYS use a high factor if you burn.

7. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    Oh I do OAC, oh I do... factor 25 at least if I'm going to be out all day. Just I usually am not, either through choice or what I do. So I never have to worry about it too much. Haven't spent a whole day at the beach since that incident now...!

8. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    When I went to Barcelona with my then girlfriend she was obsessed about getting a tan and took factor 12 (for sensitive skin). This led to varoius arguments as I insisted she use at least factor 20 and she wanted to switch to factor 4 as she wasn't getting tanned. I tried to explain that she should be extra careful as her dad had died of skin cancer so eventually she switched to factor 24 for normal skin and got her tan. Glad to say she is no longer obsessed with tanning.

9. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Factor what? I don't know what that is. We use tanning oil.....enhances the tan.

10. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    Not sure myself. The number means something though. The higher the number, the better protection it gives (ie. longer time)...

11. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Yeah.....

I was joking.

We really need a rolling eyes smiley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.