main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ID4: Resurgence kicks the tires and lights the fires in 2016 (ID4 3 to follow?)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Oct 21, 2009.

1. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    It was mentioned in the 2001 press release that the son of Russelle Casse was supposed to be a fighter pilot in the film. I guess James Duvall got too old for the role.

2. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

That's interesting if the wreckage is on other moons. Perhaps this suggests a first wave early in the film that we defeat with the EDF but then a second wave overwhelms us?

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe that's where Will Smith's character gets his off - screen demise.

5. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    There's another piece of concept art that was released which is similar. There are 747s on a runway being sucked up. It looks like some sort of giant harvester consuming the whole city. It makes sense these aliens would be doing that because they are after the natural resources like locusts.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I hope we get to see those troop transports in action this time around- we never really got to see what they could do, if anything.

7. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    I'm thinking a swarm invasion like in the Starship Trooper films. For some reason I always thought the alien that died at Area 51 implied there would be an invasion with large mech suits to sort through ground wreckage to help with the harvest.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well we know their bio-mech suits are stronger than a person (or several) but do not provide much protection from small arms fire (or Smith punches). So one must assume those troops have some form of defense tech (like portable shields) or offensive weapons (besides the psychic attacks which only seem to only be able to target a single person at a time) not provided to Attacker pilots that would give the troops an advantage

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Wouldn't being susceptible to Will Smith punches by definition mean that they're not stronger than a normal human?

The2ndQuest and Juliet316 like this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A Smith Punch is equivalent to a sucker punch ;). When not taken by surprise we see the same pilot take down several humans itself with its "dreadlocks" and " bare" hands- even with the suit compromised by the surgery.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    I know the first line of defense of hybrid technology fails. The aliens are able to land a ground invasion with millions landing around the planet all at once. Probably harvest resources on the ground. I'm thinking they are using some sort of anti-gravity assimilator like a giant vacuum to collect and break up natural resources.

12. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    Does anyone know or a link or copy of the film which has the deleted scene where Russell Casse flies a biplane into the destroyer and not the fighter jet? I remembering seeing it, but have no source to it.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Don't ask for pirates copies of entire films here, please.

The alternate scene was available in the extras of the 2-disc DVD set. This link has that alt ending w/commentary track:

Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Why did they not release at least a teaser for next year today? :p

Juliet316 and The2ndQuest like this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Cool. Biplanes make everything better. :cool:

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

That's how the tie-in novel ends. I don't think it works quite as well for the above mentioned reasons.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I actually half saw the teaser for ID42 when I was seeing Genisys, half-saw as in I was walking in at the end and heard Bill Pullman's voice, heard Brent Spiner's "dieeeeeeee" line and a couple of digital noise title cards & a date. No biggie. Not too concerned that I missed it.

18. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    There is some GIF teasers on Twitter too. I want to see the teaser from the film.

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah, I went to Youtube to see if I could find it. No luck.

20. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    I'm thinking the beams for the destroyers which focused the direct energy weapon will also be some sort of giant vacuum which sucks up debris and harvests the natural resources. I wonder if it's part of the original designs.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think they have a dual function- at least as far the primary weapon goes. There's nowhere for the resources to go in that cavern and, logically, you wouldn't want your main weapon's emitter blocked up with harvested debris (especially when those focusing pylons need to be able to move into place)..

They probably use the transports or similar craft to ship stuff back to the mothership; or they move in and literally colonize the planet for a period of time until it's time to move on.

22. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    The next phase of the War of 96 called for a ground invasion of some kind which was destroyed in the destruction of the mothership. It seems like after the major cities are all destroyed, they land, wipe out what life remains on the ground, and begin using craft to gather debris.

Since there will be a ground invasion in the second film, this must be what happens next.

23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If the aliens had giant suction beams, why'd they bother with a ground invasion force? For that matter, why bother razing all those human cities when you can just get straight to vacuuming?

redlightning likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Are you saying this movie is going to suck?

I'll see myself out.

25. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm still surprised it's the same aliens. I thought they were a roving hoard that pillaged and moved on. We blew up their mother ship. Was there a Super-Mother Ship that deploys mother ships all over the universe?

Also you'd think going through all their tech we'd have found other intelligent life opposed to them and sought an alliance.