Idea: A Quiz/Trivia Section

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Jair Crawford, Jun 3, 2014.

Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Jair Crawford Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    My apologies if this has been suggested before.

I just took a Star Wars quiz, and it gave me an idea. Maybe we could have a section of forum for making our own Star Wars trivia quizzes and test each others knowledge.

I dunno, just felt like a fun idea. Let me know what you guys think!
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    We do have a Games tag in the Community forum. You could ask the forum mods if you could start something there.
  3. Jair Crawford Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Ok cool. I'll run it by one of the mods. Thanks!
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    If they say 'no' you could also try the Star Wars Community forum mods. There are already SW-related games going on in there.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Jun 3, 2014
  5. Blue Ice Cream Force Ghost

star 5
    @Jair Crawford

Also, there's a 'Star Wars Jeopardy' thread in the SWC forum. I do plan to revive it as soon as DRL gives me a chance. Please feel free to share any ideas and/or suggestions you might have for the next round.
    Bail B. Baobab and Jair Crawford like this.
  6. Jair Crawford Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    @epithree That sounds even better! I like it! If you ever want any help with questions and categories shoot me a PM.
  7. Blue Ice Cream Force Ghost

star 5
    @Jair Crawford

Hi. :) Star Wars trivia games can sometimes play out like 'internet scavenger hunts', considering that you can't prevent players from looking up information. Regardless, the first installment of 'Star Wars Jeopardy' was a blast.

We never crowned a champion. DRL forced me to take a break before I could host the 'final jeopardy' round. However, I plan to complete the initial game. During this upcoming week, I'll tag the players that are eligible for 'final jeopardy'. If we get some wagers, great. If no one is interested, the player with the most points becomes champ by default. Then, we can start the next installment. :D

I can certainly use some assistance with hosting. Perhaps multiple hosts can prevent long breaks from occurring. Another possibility is reverting back to a simpler game:
    -The player that answers correctly gets the points, AND asks the next question.
    Anyway, we'll see what happens next week.

Thanks for your kind offer to help with questions and categories. I'll be sure to shoot you a PM. Here's to Star Wars trivia! [face_peace]
    Jair Crawford likes this.
  8. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    @Jair Crawford - FYI, we had a trivia game a few months ago in Classic Trilogy, hosted by Darth_Laudrup:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-ot-trivia-game-announcement.50014417/#post-50946881
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-ot-trivia-game-game-1.50014964/page-2

Good fun (and not just because of who won;)), we never got around to having another, but if anyone would like to host a similar game in CT or Saga, go right ahead, just PM me, MOC Yak Face (CT) or Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn (Saga) with any relevant details.
  9. Blue Ice Cream Force Ghost

star 5
    @Jair Crawford

Hi. :) I tagged the players that are eligible for 'final jeopardy'. You can find the Star Wars Jeopardy thread in the SWC forum. Please feel free to post any ideas and/or suggestions there.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza