main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idea for future get-together and/or meeting...

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by _-Reborn_Jedi-_, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I've been thinking, with summer coming up and all, maybe we should all get together for a group meeting, or just as a group, and take off for a day to Cedar Point or Six Flags and have some fun. I myself prefer Cedar Point; it has sentimental value to me, considering the Millenium Force was my first rollercoaster(me, the one who is deathly afraid of heights, riding a 310-foot high coaster...I've completely lost it). Doesn't matter which park though, but considering they're now open for admission, I sure as heck feel like going and was wondering if you all wanted to as well. Lemme know what you think.

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    eh, maybe, If we do, let's get to the Point...ceder point dat be...

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Umm, if Yoda came with us, he'd be looking at me the whole time saying "I sense much fear in you." I hate coasters. Other rides such as the matterhorn and other small rides like that don't bother me, but I hate coasters.

4. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    If Yoda came with us, he would have to sit out and wait for us at everything since he wouldn't meet the height requirements. ;)

O wait. Yoda could ride everything in the kiddy kingdom. Just picture Yoda on the jr. bumper cars! [face_laugh]

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That is if you LIKE either one of them. I myself don't like either.

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    He would be able to get to the front of every line because he is all old and they do that for old people.....

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Going to places like Cedar Point and Six Flags sound like a good idea; we're starting to plan something like that with the John Williams concert @ Blossom.

Having worked at Six Flags, I'm kind of unsure about going there. I plan to visit my friends on the animal side; but "the dirty side" (aka ride side)...is really bad; I had my fill of the "tube-tops and flip-flopps" riff-raff they draw in. Cedar Point is always welcome, and I LOVE "THE RAPTOR!" We'll need to plan something for later this summer, to give people a chance to get time off work (if they want to come)

Sounds like something we have to discuss at upcoming meetings!

8. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Ok then, Cedar Point seems to be the park of choice, which is totally fine by me. Thanx for letting me know about Six Flags' "dark side" lol. Although I have never been there, I've always sensed something odd about that place, and I'm glad I didn't waste any money there. I knew some of ya would chicken out for the coasters lol. I was that way once, but I became strong in the Force and overcame my fears...which translates into "Peer pressure forced me onto these rides and now I'm horribly addicted to them, regardless of my fear of heights and vertigo". The park's not all about coasters, there's a lot of cool stuff to do around there, and their arcade area is friggin' huge (last I knew the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade game was still in there, 2 of them actually, wonderful game). There's something for everyone there. Well as Krash said, maybe we can talk more in detail at a meeting. Hope to get something going!

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I've been wanting to go back to Cedar Point for I think 5 years now. I so want to ride the Raptor. I probably wouln't ride the Millenium Force, but I think I might try the Magnum XL 200.

Does anyone know where we could get tickets discounted? I'm almost positive that AAA has them, but I have no idea. I also know that my dad could get tickets through the credit union, but I do know how much there either.

But yeah, I'm totally up for it, unless it is in July, we are going on vacation then. [face_plain]

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    AAA does give discounts. As for me, I'd like to go for the smaller rides and the atmosphere (translation: hot chicas in minimal clothing, good food), and Saturday would prolly be the best day for me in the week.

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    If we can get 15 people going to Cedar Point we qualify for a group sales discount. Tickets would be $30. Anybody know what AAA's price is?

12. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    FYI: AAA tickets according to AAAOhio.com:

Cedar Point One Day Tickets

Member Price Gate Price
    $31.00 Adult (Ages 4-59, 48" & over) $42.00
    $20.00 Junior (Ages 4-59, under 48") $20.00
    $20.00 Senior (Ages 60 & over) $25.00

You don't have to be a member to get that price, you just have to be with someone who is. I usually get them at the Midway mall office and take route 2.

I'm a coster-to-coster person myself(sorry Random). The days a loss if I don't ride the Gemini at least 10 times in a row.

If you are afraid of costers, just ride the MFer once. You will be cured as all other costers will seem puny.

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    The days a loss if I don't ride the Gemini at least 10 times in a row.

[face_plain] Okay, I've only ridden it twice in a row, maybe three times, I forget... BUT 10?!

If you are afraid of costers, just ride the MFer once. You will be cured as all other costers will seem puny.

heh. I'm working my way there.

14. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'll go on anything CP has to offer, love roller-coasters! RAPTOR IS THE BEST! We'll have to investigate a group rate depending on how many people we get together.

15. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Woohoo! I just went past the 100 posts mark! Of course, this really has nothing to do with anything, and I'm just wasting space at this point, but it's cool nonetheless :)

16. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Aren't we all just waisting space?

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    PJD, you're a waste of space just by existing. Do us all a favor and stop breathing. j/k. I say cool beans to a day in the park.

18. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    What about the people who don't want or can go to the park. If it's in August I cannot go.

19. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Well that's why I was thinking somewhat around July - anyone in school is on summer vacation and most people with jobs take their yearly vacations around this time. Although it's right around the corner, I'm just suggesting maybe mid to late July would be good for the benefit of everyone.

20. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    July so far is fine for me. Unless my band changes something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.