Omaha, NE Idea for next meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Aug 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Heres an idea for the next meeting. Instead of having a traditional meeting, I thought of meeting at Craigrr's again, and then going to see a movie. Any takers?

I was thinking Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back perhaps?
  2. That awful vracer Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I second that! The logistics of where would have to be worked out. Maybe get a preliminary head count for the movie, pre-buy the tickets that afternoon, and get refunds for the no-shows! Cool idea. :cool:
  3. Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Im Game.... Would see it eventually anyways.
  4. yatchie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sounds good to me too, count me in.
  5. banthagrl Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Jay and Silent Bob works for me...is the meeting still the 25th, and did we ever establish a time?
  6. craigrr Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was about to ask the same thing. I could go for a matinee, myself but I suppose we should see what the majority wants to do.
  7. Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The earliest I can make it is 7:00. I get off work around 6:30ish, but I can always hook up with you guys later or at the movie. Just my bit of input. Dawmer
  8. That awful vracer Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm thinking an 8-9 pm show. This is negotiable though. I wouldn't want to keep Rusty up past his bedtime! :D

It'll just depend on when people who work on saturday start getting off work. How about we start meeting up around 6- 6:30 pm. I'm thinking meet at the food court in the Oakview, and see the show at AMC24. That way we can still sort of have a meeting, and talk about Star Wars. How does that sound? Anybody up for a beer afterwords?

*EDIT*: It sounds like most of us are in favor of doing this. Could we get a game plan together in the next couple of days, ......and stick to it? ;)
  9. paperclipx Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That sounds good to me....everyone? And speaking of Rusty, where is the old boy? I havent seen him around in a long while...nor Kate...hmmmmmm. Coincidence?
  10. craigrr Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Are you insinuating something?
  11. paperclipx Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Who me? No, nothing at all, I swear.....
  12. yatchie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'll be able to meet at Oakview. So is that the final decision?
  13. paperclipx Jedi Padawan

star 4
    What time does the Husker game end? That might be a consideration......
  14. That awful vracer Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well, I checked, and the game starts at noon. If it's a usual squash by the huskers, it'll be over by mid-afternoon. And I'm sure it'll be over by 6pm. The mall is open untill 9pm, so meeting there starting at 6pm will be okay. This will be a good arrangment, since there may be people uanble/unwilling to go to the movie. They can just show up and attend the pre-movie meeting. It'll probably be thursday before we know the exact show times, but I'm thinking a 8:30-9pm show. Mark, you may want to send out a fanforce email, announcing this, with a follow-up message later in the week with show times. All we need is a head count for the tickets. Keep in mind that we can get refunds for any no-shows/cancels. Consider this my confirmaiton:

I'M GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. paperclipx Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok then, we will meet at the Oak View food court area at 6.
  16. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [Leia]General, Count me in[/Leia]

any specific place in the Food Court where we can hang around and not look like idio, er, lost?
  17. PrairieDragon Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Got the email and believe I'd like to join you. It'd be my first meeting though and I wouldn't recognize anyone.

One important point... if you pre-pay for tickets, how are the rest of us going to get in if we meet at the concession stand?
  18. _Zo Jedi Youngling

I can make it, and this would be my first meeting, and I just may not know anyone there who is a member, do you have pins or anything? Someway to identify each other as members at 18:00 this weekend?
  19. Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Count me in, I might be able to make the food court by 6:30ish, 7 at the latest. I'll have my big Yellow smiley shirt on so no-one can miss me!! Laters Dawmer
  20. That awful vracer Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Prairrie Dragon, we are meeting up at the food court at the Oakview mall, starting at 6pm. We are planning to go across the street and see the movie at 8:30-9 pm or so. If any newbies are planning to attend, and are wondering how to recognize us, heres a link to a picture from Alphacon

Our city rep, paperclipx, is seated in this picture!! [face_laugh]

21. PrairieDragon Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Geez, I even read that, too. "Food court" not "concession stand".

Looking forward to it.

(the movie, not the smiley-face t-shirt) ;)
  22. banthagrl Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm in, tho I might be a little late - I'm coming from downtown.

Can we designate a general area of the food court? Like in front of the Arby's, near Amigo's, by the bathrooms, etc.? It's a big area and it'll probably be crowded on a Sat. night.

Also, for the newbies, I assume many of us have AlphaCon T-shirts...if we all wear them (or some kind of Star Wars related T-shirt) we ought to stand out from the crowd. We might also look like a big group of sci-fi geeks, but I doubt that's stopped any of us before... ;)

- Lisa
  23. That awful vracer Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Howzabout we meet in the center part? I'll commandeer one of those long rows of tables. If you newbies are having a hard time finding us, just yell out "FANFORCE!!!!!" and we call ya over.
  24. nerfherderboy Jedi Youngling

6PM at Oakview sounds just fine.

I'm a complete newbie and looking forward to meeting you all and watching Jay & Silent Bob together. George Lucas is gonna sue someones.... :)

-Matt
    aka Nerfherderboy

25. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    center balcony-ish thing part? Someone should bring a balloon with FanForce on it or have something conspicuous, but not too conspicuous that mall security would boot us out, up
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.