main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Idea for next meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Aug 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Heres an idea for the next meeting. Instead of having a traditional meeting, I thought of meeting at Craigrr's again, and then going to see a movie. Any takers?

I was thinking Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back perhaps?

2. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I second that! The logistics of where would have to be worked out. Maybe get a preliminary head count for the movie, pre-buy the tickets that afternoon, and get refunds for the no-shows! Cool idea. :cool:

3. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Im Game.... Would see it eventually anyways.

4. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Sounds good to me too, count me in.

5. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    Jay and Silent Bob works for me...is the meeting still the 25th, and did we ever establish a time?

6. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I was about to ask the same thing. I could go for a matinee, myself but I suppose we should see what the majority wants to do.

7. Dawmer299

May 6, 2001
    The earliest I can make it is 7:00. I get off work around 6:30ish, but I can always hook up with you guys later or at the movie. Just my bit of input. Dawmer

8. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    I'm thinking an 8-9 pm show. This is negotiable though. I wouldn't want to keep Rusty up past his bedtime! :D

It'll just depend on when people who work on saturday start getting off work. How about we start meeting up around 6- 6:30 pm. I'm thinking meet at the food court in the Oakview, and see the show at AMC24. That way we can still sort of have a meeting, and talk about Star Wars. How does that sound? Anybody up for a beer afterwords?

*EDIT*: It sounds like most of us are in favor of doing this. Could we get a game plan together in the next couple of days, ......and stick to it? ;)

9. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    That sounds good to me....everyone? And speaking of Rusty, where is the old boy? I havent seen him around in a long while...nor Kate...hmmmmmm. Coincidence?

10. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Are you insinuating something?

11. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Who me? No, nothing at all, I swear.....

12. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    I'll be able to meet at Oakview. So is that the final decision?

13. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    What time does the Husker game end? That might be a consideration......

14. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Well, I checked, and the game starts at noon. If it's a usual squash by the huskers, it'll be over by mid-afternoon. And I'm sure it'll be over by 6pm. The mall is open untill 9pm, so meeting there starting at 6pm will be okay. This will be a good arrangment, since there may be people uanble/unwilling to go to the movie. They can just show up and attend the pre-movie meeting. It'll probably be thursday before we know the exact show times, but I'm thinking a 8:30-9pm show. Mark, you may want to send out a fanforce email, announcing this, with a follow-up message later in the week with show times. All we need is a head count for the tickets. Keep in mind that we can get refunds for any no-shows/cancels. Consider this my confirmaiton:

I'M GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ok then, we will meet at the Oak View food court area at 6.

16. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    [Leia]General, Count me in[/Leia]

any specific place in the Food Court where we can hang around and not look like idio, er, lost?

17. PrairieDragon

PrairieDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2001
    Got the email and believe I'd like to join you. It'd be my first meeting though and I wouldn't recognize anyone.

One important point... if you pre-pay for tickets, how are the rest of us going to get in if we meet at the concession stand?

18. _Zo

_Zo Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2001
    I can make it, and this would be my first meeting, and I just may not know anyone there who is a member, do you have pins or anything? Someway to identify each other as members at 18:00 this weekend?

19. Dawmer299

May 6, 2001
    Count me in, I might be able to make the food court by 6:30ish, 7 at the latest. I'll have my big Yellow smiley shirt on so no-one can miss me!! Laters Dawmer

20. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Prairrie Dragon, we are meeting up at the food court at the Oakview mall, starting at 6pm. We are planning to go across the street and see the movie at 8:30-9 pm or so. If any newbies are planning to attend, and are wondering how to recognize us, heres a link to a picture from Alphacon

Our city rep, paperclipx, is seated in this picture!! [face_laugh]

21. PrairieDragon

PrairieDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2001
    Geez, I even read that, too. "Food court" not "concession stand".

Looking forward to it.

(the movie, not the smiley-face t-shirt) ;)

22. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm in, tho I might be a little late - I'm coming from downtown.

Can we designate a general area of the food court? Like in front of the Arby's, near Amigo's, by the bathrooms, etc.? It's a big area and it'll probably be crowded on a Sat. night.

Also, for the newbies, I assume many of us have AlphaCon T-shirts...if we all wear them (or some kind of Star Wars related T-shirt) we ought to stand out from the crowd. We might also look like a big group of sci-fi geeks, but I doubt that's stopped any of us before... ;)

- Lisa

23. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Howzabout we meet in the center part? I'll commandeer one of those long rows of tables. If you newbies are having a hard time finding us, just yell out "FANFORCE!!!!!" and we call ya over.

24. nerfherderboy

nerfherderboy Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2001
    6PM at Oakview sounds just fine.

I'm a complete newbie and looking forward to meeting you all and watching Jay & Silent Bob together. George Lucas is gonna sue someones.... :)

-Matt
    aka Nerfherderboy

25. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    center balcony-ish thing part? Someone should bring a balloon with FanForce on it or have something conspicuous, but not too conspicuous that mall security would boot us out, up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.