main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Idea: Meeting to Brainstorm Reviving the MD FF

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by saerah, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    Bite me, JIG ;)

I just don't want to drive any more than 3 hours.

2. PaSco

PaSco Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    About where is three hours gonna put you? Baltimore?

3. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Just about, yes. Or in Montgomery County.

4. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    Well so far it seems like we should have the meeting in Anne Arundle/Montgomery counties area. Anyone live in that area and know of a good meeting place?

5. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Hmm, how about a place like a book store or something? The Borders at White Flint? I'm familiar with Mont. County more than I am with Baltimore as I lived there for six years.

6. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    Sounds like a good idea to me, what does everyone else think?

7. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I'm all for it. Just tell me when. :p

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

8. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Idea: I will be going to the Teacher Thursday at The Maryland Science Center's Spacelink. I am going to a presentation on "Planets Outside The Solar System" you know like Ryloth, Ithor, etc. [face_laugh]
    My meeting is on Thursday, January 20 at 6:30 p. m. but I can probably leave right after school and have a quick supper with y'all at a food court somewhere in the Inner Harbour and then check out the Barnes 'N Noble afterwards. I usually park in the Rusty Scupper parking lot and walk down and around. Maybe we can all meet somewhere like the Barnes and Noble. BTW, we all had our very first meeting in the White Flint mall over three years ago and I have pictures to prove it!

EDIT: I baaaad! It was White March Mall BTW, how very sad and maudilin this group has become after our wild and crazy times at our first meeting. And who can ever forget our field trip to Victoria's Secret? I got some nice duds there that I always wear for Valintine's day.

9. saerah

May 13, 1999
    So what is the decision on location?

10. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    I don't have a problem with either location. I know that White Flint would be better for you saerah.

11. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Here is the link to Teacher Thursday .

Please PM me if you are going and we can decide on a place to meet. The White Flint Mall thingy is ok with me, but will depend on date and time, however, I have no clue where White Flint Mall is. I don't even know what state it is in. :confused: I will be going to Teacher Thursday regardless of whether we meet or not. Idea: Maybe you can go to Dino Links and we can exchange ideas! It would be nice to see j'all there and I don't think Flavio would be upset if you came and were not a teacher. I can try and sneak you in. The observatory will be open to the public anyway if it is clear. Hope to see some of you then.

12. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Where is the maryland space science center?

13. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    In the Inner Harbour in Baltimore.

14. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Oh my that's a drive...and with parking and all.

15. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Curses...I've got a class 7-8:15 at AACC...so I wouldn't be able to get there 'til at least 9ish. Guess I'll have to try to make it to something else.

16. saerah

May 13, 1999
    We haven't finalized this yet.

17. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    Yeah, I have class that evening too... at AACC. :eek:

:p What are you taking, Aragorn?

Glaine ár gcroí. Neart ár ngéag. Agus beart de réir ár mbriathar.

18. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Just Japanese 112, as I'm still in high school.

19. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    [face_worried]

Good luck with that. :p

Glaine ár gcroí. Neart ár ngéag. Agus beart de réir ár mbriathar.

20. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Getting everyone together is like pulling teeth!

21. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    That is why we gave up on having meetings. Saerah, this is why we never saw you before. Most of the members are in Baltimore, that is why we met there. We only changed the name to Maryland to include more area and we were meeting some in Annapolis as well. I don't even live in Maryland, but I am equal distant to both Washington, DC and Baltimore at 90 minutes each. Most of the rest of the Maryland fan force gave up and joined Galactic Senate in Washington, DC because we never do anything. Mogook can not do everything alone. He needs help organizing stuff and in order to do that, we have to meet in Maryland, because that is where everyone is. Saerah, have you checked into Pennslyvania groups that might be closer? Why is it your Western Maryland Group never got incorporated into your own fan force? :confused: I only suggested tomorrow at the Inner Harbour because we held our second meeting there when we needed three meetings to become incorporated and I am going there on business for Teacher Thursday already. No one has contacted me about meeting there, so I guess, we will not go. The offer to come and meet in the planetarium here is still open, except, you will need to notify me with a couple of weeks to get it clear on my calendar. You can always meet unofficially to do something fun like laser tag and/or movie watching, game playing etc. at someone's house.

22. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    The Farpoint conference sounds like a great idea. The 501st. were at the planetarium for my open house in September. Too bad other folks were not. :( They were alot of fun and if we met at Farpoint , there would be other things to do, so it might be work the drive. Also The Chromatics will be there and they are great! :)

23. saerah

May 13, 1999
    That is why we gave up on having meetings. Saerah, this is why we never saw you before. Most of the members are in Baltimore, that is why we met there. We only changed the name to Maryland to include more area and we were meeting some in Annapolis as well. I don't even live in Maryland, but I am equal distant to both Washington, DC and Baltimore at 90 minutes each. Most of the rest of the Maryland fan force gave up and joined Galactic Senate in Washington, DC because we never do anything. Mogook can not do everything alone. He needs help organizing stuff and in order to do that, we have to meet in Maryland, because that is where everyone is. Saerah, have you checked into Pennslyvania groups that might be closer? Why is it your Western Maryland Group never got incorporated into your own fan force? confused I only suggested tomorrow at the Inner Harbour because we held our second meeting there when we needed three meetings to become incorporated and I am going there on business for Teacher Thursday already. No one has contacted me about meeting there, so I guess, we will not go. The offer to come and meet in the planetarium here is still open, except, you will need to notify me with a couple of weeks to get it clear on my calendar. You can always meet unofficially to do something fun like laser tag and/or movie watching, game playing etc. at someone's house.

Isbeth, I do live in Maryland. So if we're to meet in Maryland, it's Maryland that I live in. Pittsburgh is the same distance as Baltimore is. I may be moving to Cumberland within hte next 6 months, so that would make Baltimore even closer, but still a 2-hour drive.

I don't have a Western MD group?

24. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    Well, I'm going to be at Farpoint next month so if anyone goes just let me know. I'm probably gonna be going on Saturday. Other than that I'm pretty busy with work, watching my son, and spending any other time than that with my wife. I don't have to much time anymore but I will definately be attending conventions. That is the only thing my wife pretty much lets me do since I barely spend time with her.

25. HauntedMemory

HauntedMemory Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2005
    Hey Guys-- New to FanForce but REALLY want to get involved. What can I do?!? email me at bkcsnj@aol.com
    PLEASE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.