main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [idea mill] YouTube should institute a "Ten Cent" policy.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Aytee-Aytee, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Here's what I'm thinking....If a person uploads a video, for every "Like" they receive, YouTube will pay them ten cents every year while the video is online.
    Example: FreddieW's Milk Man: World's Worst Superhero
    63,649 Likes - 2,621 Dislikes = 61,028
    61,028 x $0.10 = FreddieW collects a $6,120.80 check from YouTube each year as long as the video is online.

Conversely, for every "Dislike" a video receives, they must pay YouTube ten cents every year to keep that crap on.
    Example: Rebecca Black's "Friday"
    130,369 Likes - 541,842 Dislikes = -411,473
    -411,473 x $0.10 = Rebecca Black must pay $41,147.30 per year to keep her video on YouTube.

Naturally, these payment rates will fluctuate with the number of Likes and Dislikes a video receives. "Meh" videos that even out will naturally be free.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I was hoping this would be a proposal to fine people $.10 per comment they post on YouTube.

You know, as discouragement.

4. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Now THAT's a good idea.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    That was my first thought too. :p

6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Why would they do this? Traffic is traffic, and all of those dislikes are views. Why would they charge someone for bringing in views?

7. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    Exactly. YouTube could make a fortune off advertisements that play before much-viewed and much-hated videos.

Personally I like having crappy videos on there because oftentimes they're a laugh. The comment rule makes much more sense to me, although admittedly I enjoy reading those too. :p It's amazing to watch a video about a dance step devolve into a discussion of Hitler.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, I think the OP's proposal is stupid but I think the terms for "Partners" should be a little stricter because the whole "reply girl" thing is really annoying. I click on them BECAUSE CLEAVAGE.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Do "Reply Girl" and other youtubers like her really get paid for the stupidly pointless videos people only look at because they're wearing revealing clothes?

10. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    Don't punish Rebecca Black. It's not like she made and uploaded the video herself. It was some company.