main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Ideas & dates needed for events

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok I finally got ahold of the manager at Toys R Us at McCain. Talked with him about doing a toy drive event. He is major game for this but we need to act fast. We need to get some dates in mind and also some event ideas (jedi training, costumeing, maybe coloring we even talked about getting Bedfords to come and do pictures). Please start giveing dates that you can make it we need to have a huge turnout since this will be our first official event.

2. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    Are you thinking sooner or later?

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Weekends would be the only times I could do it. :)

4. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    I am basically free any time really. Just give me the time and place and what to wear and I will try my hardest to get there. I may also try to get someone else up there.

5. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey! Weekends are good, Weekdays, I am either working or in class or at the doctor...
    Glad we finally got in touch with the guy.
    I will see if I can get in touch with Children's hospital this afternoon or the first part or
    next week. Have an appointment at 4:30 this afternoon so it'll probably be the first part of
    next week
    Hyper out[face_pig]

6. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I was thinking early to mid Aug. that would give everyone pleanty of time to get off work or what ever other arrangments they need to make. Weekend for sure.

7. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Here's my two cents.
    Saturday--not Sunday.
    Please don't do it on July 30th (Memphis Drive-In), August 13th (AGR Drive-In) or August 27th (Memphis Drive-In).

8. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    mid august is great for me. saturday is great too. no sunday. if somebody knows how to manipulate latex i can someday wear my twi lek costume. my kids destroyed my lekku. it was too heavy anyway.

funny note. i told my husband that in the future we would be doing charity events (right?) and that i would make him a costume. i told him talon karrde. he looks like him. i showed him a picture and he laughed and said... NO. he doesnt do costumes.

also i added the next part to my dream post. go look and tell me what's wrong.

9. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    i am all for going to childrens hospital and things like that.

10. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I'm IN IN IN. The only thing is if we have it on Saturday, it would have to be before 2, 'cause my husband has to work and we've lost both of our babysitters....

11. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Well it is for the kiddies so bring them with you or have him maybe drop them off on his way.
    I have worked with latex before but mostly for mold making but myself and a person from the Memphis fan forceor trying to get into mask making and things like that.

12. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey guys just wanted to keep this on top there is alot of people we havnt heard from. Come-on ArkanSith this could be our big break. Denise and BJ do you have a copy of the letter that taken to ToysRUs or can you send me another one so I can get it to him soon. We nee to get the date and things planed out so we can get fliers made to hand out.

13. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I don't have a costume, so that pretty much rules me out of the hospital thing.

14. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    Elan, I have a black jedi/sith robe you can wear if you wanted. It was made for me (I'm about 6'2 or 6'3) and it was made to go to just the tip of the top of my shoe. So if your to much shorter than me it probably wouldn't work, but if your as tall or taller it would if you wanted.

Just an idea if you wanted though.

15. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I don't think that not wearing a costume should rule anyone out for events.

16. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    By no means should not having a costum rule anyone out. Beside you could always go as a fanboy.

17. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, I'm sure I'd fit right in with the rest of you. ;)

Now don't think I'm saying that you shouldn't participate in helping kids without some sort of costume. I'm just implying that I don't have one, and I would therefore feel "out of pocket". I support what you guys are doing. What a great cause! :)

BTW, thanks for the idea Jaron. I may take you up on it if I have time.

Hmmm... now going as a fanboy. Never thought of that one. [face_thinking]

18. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    i have a cat in the hat costume you could wear.

19. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    So when is the next event and what are the details? (i.e. where? costumes? what time?)

20. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    There is one july 30th in fort smith at the TRU (shamless plug). also i would be willing to come down to LR pending i have the fundage.

21. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    whats the tru and costumes or no?

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Currently I am trying to contact Mr. Haufman at The Rave to figure out when they are playing RotS for the last time. Perhaps we can dress up one last time for the movie on the last day. I can only hope it'll be on a weekend...but sneaking suspicion that it'll be during the week like on a Thurs.

Rave is one of the only ones left playing it. So it very well could be this week being the last showing if not most definitely next week.

As soon as I get a hold of him I'll inform you guys. Who knows... maybe he'll do one last showing on the weekend for juz us! I mean if we do go and pay for the tickets that'll make a difference, especially if we can get a good turn out for the last showing :D

I'll post more as soon as I hear from Mr. Haufman.

23. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Jaron, TRU is ToysRUs

24. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    Toys r us in fort smith it is costumes plus a costume contest for kids.

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Next week Thurs is the last showing. I was told to call him next Tues for exact time. I will let you all know as soon as I know :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.