main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ideas for a new Jedi Knight

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Mizore, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013
    I know that the probabilities that Disney made ​​a new Jedi Knight are very low, but I have some ideas on how it should be a new Jedi Knight.

A new Jedi Knight should have the Jedi Academy combat system and improve it. The combat system with firearms would be improved, but would have to remain focused on lightsaber combat and force powers. Place lightwhips and cables hook.

But the most important is to improve the force powers to be like the Advent Rising video game powers, because the powers of the Jedi Knight are not too impressive. And The Force Unleashed is not what I want because the combat system of The Force Unleashed is not like the Jedi Academy, in addition to Advent Rising powers seem more interesting than the powers of The Force Unleashed.

The name of the game could be Jedi Master and could form a new saga in his own style.

To summarize, I would want them to do a video game that take the combat system of Jedi Academy and the superpowers of Advent Rising. Opinions?

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Does it have the battle of Hoth?

3. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    [face_rofl]

4. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    What do you mean?

5. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    The battle of Hoth, from the Empire Strikes Back. I love reliving that battle in almost every Star Wars game since 2000.

What era would you base the game in?

I haven't played Advent Rising, can you explain?

What do you mean, Force Powers from Jedi Academy not too impressive? Force Speed's bullet time was amazing, as was being able to sense people around you. Don't even get me started on Force Protection.

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    You should write everything up and send it to Supershadow. He's a good mate of Lucas and I'm sure he'll make you a Jedi Academy game.

7. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    The game would have to be based in the era where the Jedi and Sith are more powerful.

Advent Rising is an action game in the third person where Humanity has a semi-divine latent power. There's an alien civilization that worships humanity, but there is another who wants to destroy humanity, so the protagonist learns to discover his powers as he battles the hostile aliens.

It is true that force speed is amazing, but the force push could be much more interesting, because it can not be loaded, you can not do damage to enemies and you have to wait for a short time between shots. The surge from Advent Rising is the equivalent of force push is much more interesting, in addition to other powers:

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I would like any Jedi Knight game would be set after the events of the last one, and still involve Kyle Katarn and/or Jaden.

Where to go with it is hard to say, the last one tied up all the lose ends from Jedi Outcast (what happened to Tavion etc). Maybe a game involving fighting the Vong? With Mandalorians!!

9. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    I wouldn't mind seeing Yuuzhan Vong involved. I'd donate an organ for the game to involve Vongerella...

10. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    There are two Supershadow in this forum. Which do you mean?

11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    As long as Kyle Katarn and the staple classic Jedi Knight gameplay is involved I'd be all for it.

Life and CaptainRegor like this.
  12. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    I have other ideas on how it could be a new Jedi Knight if anyone is interested.

One aspect that bothers me of JA is that stormtrooper with blaster are very easy to defeat, while the stormtrooper with missile launchers and concussion rifle can kill you very easily. Then there's the stupid AI soldiers.

So we need to improve the AI ​​and that soldiers with blaster firing faster and that the missiles and concussion are easier to reject, because no shooter who is not Force user would be a serious problem for the player, because only Force users with lightsaber could be a serious threat.

Then there are some silly ideas in JA. We have for example a robot with shield that have to disable the shield to shoot, but if you touch the shield makes you much harm. So why not make the robot does not disable the shield and attack just approaching the player? An enemy would be so terrible, so that either the Jedi should be able to pierce the shield with the lightsaber or have a Force power that disables shield robot.

Then we have the fact that the player's shield not self-regenerate, so you rely on the items you have out there, when it would be better that the shield was psychokinetic and self-regenerate to not depend so much on what you find.

Other ideas are use of lightwhip for long range attacks, use of long range lightning, that Force users can also activate the Force speed without you have activated the first, Force push and Force pull can shoot as fast as you press its buttons, among other ideas. Opinions?

13. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    I wasn't impressed with Jedi Academy; I felt that it pandered to younger and less-serious players. I prefer the previous games, and I think Jedi Outcast was the pinnacle of the series (just a personal opinion). I think 1313 is really the next "Jedi Knight" as far as gameplay goes. Regarding the story, I think Kyle Katarn has had his run. Maybe he has a child that discovers some hidden sith artifacts from the Old Republic era (similar to how Tavion started the cult of Ragnos in JA (or, even some Revan/Exile-related relics that could please the fans that wanted a Kotor III. *holds back tears* But, I digress.)) and becomes corrupted by them. Or, the new game could take place during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion (yes!), which would definitely keep it from getting any rating below "T".

One feature of the JK series (excluding Jedi Academy) is that the player is able to be a "normal person" for a large portion of the game. I would like to see an option in a possible new entry into the series for players to not become force-sensitive at all (but, the game is called Jedi Knight, isn't it?). Perhaps they reach a point in the story where they can decide whether or not to learn to use the force. Also, it would be interesting to be able to choose your species at the beginning of the game and have the story adapt to your choice of character (i.e. a rodian's story would be slightly different from a human's story), which would build off of the character creation system from JA. Or... you could unlock the ability to play as different species after beating the game, with the new species having its own unique path through the main story arc. Just a thought.

One thing is for sure: ANY new game on the next-gen consoles will be visually stunning.

14. Khalil O.

Mar 9, 2013
    I like the idea of including weapons other than the traditional lightsaber (like the lightwhip). I just think the player should be able to use a lightsaber or an alternative, and not several weapons, so that they do not become overly powerful. (Plus, it would be somewhat unrealistic. It takes years - even decades - just to master using a lightsaber. Imagine the learning curve involved in using a lightwhip! Force-sensitives in star wars typically only stick to one particular style of combat.)

15. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    It is true that Jedi Academy tends to younger and less-serious players, because it's like going back to school or academy, and I also prefer more adult games, but I focus on the combat system and the powers of the Force, aspects are better in Jedi Academy that Jedi Outcast.

I do not think so, because in 1313 not even handle a Force user or lightsabers. Indeed, 1313 has been presented as a game where you cannot help with extraordinary powers, as if this were a good thing (for me it is not).

On the history I have no specific ideas, but I wish the story had good plot twists. And on the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, fine, as long as we handle the character is much more powerful than in Jedi Academy, as the Yuuzhan Vong are pretty tough as enemies.

I see no interest in handle a non-Force user. There are already many games where you handle a character without super-powers and what makes unique to Star Wars are the Force and lightsabers.

16. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    I've thought about that a lightsaber can be improved throughout the missions. An improvement would make pressing a button on the lightsaber, the blade would become flexible and extensible, ie, a lightwhip. The lightwhip would only be used in specific situations because the character would not have much ability to handle and with the Force could be used as sniper weapon.

17. Khalil O.

Mar 9, 2013
    Well, if the gameplay is anything like Assassin's Creed, Batman: AA/AC, or the Metroid Prime series, then I'd be interested in playing it.

18. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    It's not that people don't want Jedi Knights and the Force, it's that people are a bit tired of Force Users at the moment. Most people like Jedi Knights, but they also want to see Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and other 'normal' people. I think the reason why Star Wars: 1313 is so looked forward to is that it offers a glimpse of the seamy underbelly of Coruscant, where battles aren't won with lightsabers and philosophical talks of the Force, but by being a criminal and knowing how to kiss up to the local Hutt crimelords. ;)

TrandoJedi likes this.
  19. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I am surprised that they have not had a Vong war game yet. Probably never going to happen now with the ST and Disney.

20. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Well, it depends if Ep VII erases the whole post-ROTJ EU or not I guess. If they reboot the post ROTJ EU (worst case scenario for me, since I am a fan of the current EU), but keep Kyle Katarn, then I think we might get a new game with him. The only question will be if the story is a continuation of JA or not.

21. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    As immense and difficult as it would be I want to see a Jedi open world RPG that could hold hundreds of differing quests and ways of playing through the game. Decisions made change your character and you can choose to follow light or dark. Time frame would be difficult sure but I feel made right any era could produce an amazing game if done right. I mean think of KOTOR but with the technologies we have today.

As far as combat is concerned I actually liked some of what TFU had to offer. Force grip was one of my faves for sure. I mean they would have to scrap lightning for those on the light side and force push is always nice but difficult to do correctly. By the end of FU your push is a little over powered i think especially when you can just mash the hell out of it.

I haven't played the other games mentioned but I feel like there aren't too many available powers to come up with using the force. One i would definitly like to see would be when in the clone wars (its usually anakin who does it) but they lift a droid and pull them into their saber. I think that looks pretty cool.

Actual saber combat could be done a number of ways. I personally like the lord of the rings style combat having a strong attack, fast attack, and a kick/stun that u can use in differing orders to perform a variety of dazzling and deadly combos. Throw in the ability to add force powers mid combo and things could get pretty bad ass pretty quick.

Lastly, weapon/saber choice NEEDS to be included. You should be able to choose whether you want one saber, two, a two sided one, those cool tonfa looking things, maybe the laser whip, shoto, you name it, it should be available as well as color choices. Maybe make certain quests are to find different crystals to change the color.

22. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    What you're describing also fits with The Old Republic video game.

I think the JA combat system s better than TFU combat system. TFU only surpasses JA in the powers of the Force, but I think Advent Rising has better powers that TFU, even said that the creators of TFU could take inspiration from Advent Rising.

There are many Force powers according to the EU.

This can be done in JA with light style of lightsaber and Force pull.

23. BluJones

BluJones Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2013
    I, too, would love to see a new Jedi Knight. Especially the multiplayer aspect was fantastically immersive and competitive.

This, however, I wouldn't want. In my personal opinion (and experience), the concept of a lightwhip is stupid; I feel it is too much of a divergence from the feel and tone of Star Wars; and being a Jedi. As I understand it--and I may be wrong here--the farther from traditional Jedi weaponry authors have gone (i.e. Lightwhips and -claws), the farther that story/work is from canon.

I could write a whole essay about this, but as I see it, lightsabres are more of a symbolic weapon, rather than a weapon to be drawn every time there's an immediate sign of danger (i.e. the scene in Phantom Menace when Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon immediately grab their lightsabers when the Trade Federation destroys their ship). But we shouldn't let this turn into a discussion about PT/OT; the bottom line is I think lightwhips are too excessive and bringing them into the picture is showing utter disregard for any sort of subtlety.

24. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Which is that era? Absolutely not during the time frame of Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy.

I completely agree. Jedi Outcast is far superior to Jedi Academy.

25. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    I prefer that the new game was more oriented towards the single player, as the beginning of Jedi Knight.

The lightwhips may not fit into the Star Wars movies, but I see it from a point of view of the video games: if two are dueling lightsaber fighting and one of them suddenly becomes a lightwhip, the surprise can be great and give advantage, plus a lightwhip could be used for long-range attacks against shooters and flying enemies. So, if we add the lightwhips, we have more possibilities quite fun.

Video games do not need to be strictly canon, because in Jedi Academy, you can develop all the powers of the dark side and kill unarmed soldiers nevertheless continue on the light side.

I do not know. My main idea is to make a game that attach the combat system of Jedi Academy and powers of Advent Rising.

Jedi Outcast is better than Jedi Academy in the argument and the new, but Jedi Academy is better than Jedi Oucast in the combat system and the Force powers.