main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Ideas for a Sith version of Potentium?

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Battlehymn_Republic, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    I'm trying to come up with a heresy within the Sith, perhaps a Dark Side version of the Jedi heterodoxy of Potentium. Any ideas?

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I suppose the first step is simply to mirror the Potentium in the Sith context. The Sith Code is a twisted reflection of the Jedi Code, so one might work from there.

The Potentium as I understand it challenges the fundamental assumption that use of Dark Side powers equates with Dark Side corruption; it challenges the idea that there is a Dark Side versus a Light Side of the Force.

I would've assumed in the Sith heresy philosophy this means the opposite: the fundamental of the Sith philosophy is that the Force is a tool for power, and must be subjugated to the Sith's own ends. A Sith heresy might be that the Sith is in fact the tool of the Force, and that the Sith is subject to its dark power. It might have the fundamental philosophy that the universe is inherently evil, consequently that the Force itself is evil/chaos, and the Sith heretic is simply the tool of the Force.

3. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Hm, this doesn't quite have the Potentium angle, but I actually kind of picked up on that idea, as well. I've always been speculating what the Dark Prophets from the breakaway Sith of Darth Millennial were on about. They even had their own cult, Dark Force. I've thought that it's conceivable that all their sitting back and visioning the dark future and wishing each other dark blessings instead of rampantly amassing power was something rather more... passive than the orthodox Sith party line.

4. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Well, the orthodox Sith of the time weren't exactly running around on Galaxy-conquering campaigns at the time. Darth Millenial branched off from Bane's order, IIRC.

Perhaps the Sith-Potentium (I won't get started on how the Potentium itself is Sith propaganda cleverly disseminated into the ranks of the Jedi...) could involve following the will of the Force, believing the Force, as Saint said, to be inherently Dark. Thus, you open yourself to the Force and follow its dark biddings until the whole Galaxy bows under the power of the inherently Dark Force, with you as its arbiter.

There are actually some rather frightening things you could potentially do with permutations of the Sith belief. Perverting the Jedi beliefs is an almost guaranteed path to the Dark Side, but when you're perverting the beliefs of an already Dark organization, the possibilities devolve into the downright macabre.

That said, when perverting the Sith, I'd encourage you to go as Dark and twisted as the TOS will permit. The nastier the better. Show us that the only thing worse for the Galaxy than a Sith is a Sith who believes ______________.

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    This won't work, at least in my opinion, as the Potentium isn't Heresy. The only sources that state that are in-universe, which aren't exactly known for their truth. It wouldn't be a Sith version of the Potentium, but just Sith Heresy, at least.

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Sephy, that is exactly what Darth Stygius' philosophy is though I have never been able to describe it as well as you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.