Richmond,VA Ideas for an activity for the group

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Aug 15, 2005.

?

Ideas for an activity for the group

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
Meeting at a Mall food court/ courtyard to chat 1 vote(s) 10.0%
Meeting for a movie 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Meeting for coffee 1 vote(s) 10.0%
Meeting at a park 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Another idea which will be posted 1 vote(s) 10.0%
Nothing sounds good...we should not meet 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Meeting for bowling or put-putt 7 vote(s) 70.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Please vote and post any thoughts, comments, or additional suggestions.

Also, if each of you would post when would be best for you to attend a "meeting" (weekend mornings, sunday afternoon, weeknights after 7pm, etc)
  2. Topachea Jedi Padawan

i already hang out with a sw group but uhhhhhh probably wednesday or fridaynights
  3. DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Knight

star 1
    New to the group here, best times for me are weekday evenings after 7pm.

Just curious, what is the age range fo this group?
  4. Kmunee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Times that are good for me are Mon-Fri, anytime after 5PM. My weekends are open. At least for now they are!
  5. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    It varies all the time for me and I may have to bring my padawan depending on if the wife is working or not.
  6. DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ummm.. so are all 6 of us getting together? lol
  7. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yea I was wondering what was going on. I'm going to be in Florida from Sept 16-25. Then I have my last day at work on Oct 8. Don't know what I am doing after that. But after the 8th I should be able to make any time...as I said depending on what time I may have to bring my daughter.
  8. DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Knight

star 1
    The more the merrier. Still curious as to how old everyone is here, I'm 38. Am I the grandfather of the group?

9. Kmunee Jedi Knight

star 1
  10. DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyone here go to dragon con in atlanta? Looks like alot of fun, I will have to go next year...

I think the only way we are going to get people to meet is for someone to just pick a day and a place and a time, and go, and anyone who wants to go can go and say hello.

I know I try to hit the Barnes and Noble on Hull Street rght off 288 a couple times a month in the evening, next time I'm going I'll shoot off a note. Might be this friday.

11. Kmunee Jedi Knight

star 1
    That sounds cool. I go there alot too! Usually after a movie showing at the CommonWealth 20.
  12. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry Derthh..but thank god.. I seem to always be the oldest one in the group but not this time..im 28
  13. Tetmatek Jedi Knight

star 1
    Im 36 so i'm proud to say i'm not the oldest!
  14. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    I reckon this may be bringing up the dead but what about doing a grill-out at the house. We could find a weekend afternoon or evening this summer and do it up. I grew up here but a few years living down in Florida, and my wife and I look for any reason we can to put together a little dig with friends.

Any thoughts?
  15. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    A picnic sounds good...we have done that many times before (between the other groups) and it normally works out well.

The only problem would be doing it at a person's home. No offense, but some people are a little weird about going to someone they dont know's house to meet them for the first time. But thre are several REALLY nice parks where we can picnic (either reserving a shelter or just winging it)...

Either way, I think this is a good idea. Lets plan :)
  16. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    My wife keeps reminding me that this town isn't the way it was when I grew up here. I don't mean to make anyone nervous, just me being me. Being as I have this on my other SW board as well I didn't really think much about choosing a "neutural" location. I know my kids would need to be a bit more restrained in a park or something so that's why I was thinking the house. That way you can bring the family, kids can play, spouses can make fun of us and everyone is happy;) Oh and good food, a shin-dig just ain't worth a darn without good food.
  17. Tetmatek Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm in but remember i bring a whole squad of padawan with me having 4 kids. Three out of the four don'nt mind wearing there costumes out so it could be fun!!
  18. Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Knight

star 3
    If someone is willing to host an event in their house, then why not? Otherwise, we should pick a local park within the area to meet. I live 1:30 minutes south of Richmond, but that's no big deal for me.
  19. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Underpaid you down there in Sadlertown?
  20. Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is that an expression, or an actual town? [face_laugh]

I've been living here for 5 years, so I'm still relatively new to the area. I live about 10 miles south of South Hill. Right near the VA/NC border.
  21. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Expression, I was talking about Emporia, Many years ago I used to deliver milk and I thought half the town was part of the Sadler family seemed like it anyway, of course now I reckon like alot of other towns it's grown.
  22. Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Knight

star 3
    I live about 45 minutes west of Emporia actually, right off of I-85. Our area has been growing pretty rapidly, especially in the last 5 years.
  23. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know where you mean and yea, I it has built up so much that I don't always recognize places when I go back to them.

My favorite expression for several years now has been that the farmers finally found a good cash crop with all the houses they are growing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.