main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Ideas for an activity for the group

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Aug 15, 2005.

?

Ideas for an activity for the group

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Meeting at a Mall food court/ courtyard to chat

10.0%
  2. Meeting for a movie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meeting for coffee

10.0%
  4. Meeting at a park

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Another idea which will be posted

10.0%
  6. Nothing sounds good...we should not meet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Meeting for bowling or put-putt

70.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Please vote and post any thoughts, comments, or additional suggestions.

Also, if each of you would post when would be best for you to attend a "meeting" (weekend mornings, sunday afternoon, weeknights after 7pm, etc)

2. Topachea

Topachea Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    i already hang out with a sw group but uhhhhhh probably wednesday or fridaynights

3. DERTHH_MAWLZ

DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    New to the group here, best times for me are weekday evenings after 7pm.

Just curious, what is the age range fo this group?

4. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Times that are good for me are Mon-Fri, anytime after 5PM. My weekends are open. At least for now they are!

5. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    It varies all the time for me and I may have to bring my padawan depending on if the wife is working or not.

6. DERTHH_MAWLZ

Aug 5, 2005
    Ummm.. so are all 6 of us getting together? lol

7. StrangeWings

Jun 10, 2005
    Yea I was wondering what was going on. I'm going to be in Florida from Sept 16-25. Then I have my last day at work on Oct 8. Don't know what I am doing after that. But after the 8th I should be able to make any time...as I said depending on what time I may have to bring my daughter.

8. DERTHH_MAWLZ

Aug 5, 2005
    The more the merrier. Still curious as to how old everyone is here, I'm 38. Am I the grandfather of the group?

9. Kmunee

Nov 5, 2001
    I am 28.

10. DERTHH_MAWLZ

Aug 5, 2005
    Anyone here go to dragon con in atlanta? Looks like alot of fun, I will have to go next year...

I think the only way we are going to get people to meet is for someone to just pick a day and a place and a time, and go, and anyone who wants to go can go and say hello.

I know I try to hit the Barnes and Noble on Hull Street rght off 288 a couple times a month in the evening, next time I'm going I'll shoot off a note. Might be this friday.

11. Kmunee

Nov 5, 2001
    That sounds cool. I go there alot too! Usually after a movie showing at the CommonWealth 20.

12. StrangeWings

Jun 10, 2005
    Sorry Derthh..but thank god.. I seem to always be the oldest one in the group but not this time..im 28

13. Tetmatek

Tetmatek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    Im 36 so i'm proud to say i'm not the oldest!

14. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    I reckon this may be bringing up the dead but what about doing a grill-out at the house. We could find a weekend afternoon or evening this summer and do it up. I grew up here but a few years living down in Florida, and my wife and I look for any reason we can to put together a little dig with friends.

Any thoughts?

15. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    A picnic sounds good...we have done that many times before (between the other groups) and it normally works out well.

The only problem would be doing it at a person's home. No offense, but some people are a little weird about going to someone they dont know's house to meet them for the first time. But thre are several REALLY nice parks where we can picnic (either reserving a shelter or just winging it)...

Either way, I think this is a good idea. Lets plan :)

16. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    My wife keeps reminding me that this town isn't the way it was when I grew up here. I don't mean to make anyone nervous, just me being me. Being as I have this on my other SW board as well I didn't really think much about choosing a "neutural" location. I know my kids would need to be a bit more restrained in a park or something so that's why I was thinking the house. That way you can bring the family, kids can play, spouses can make fun of us and everyone is happy;) Oh and good food, a shin-dig just ain't worth a darn without good food.

17. Tetmatek

Tetmatek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    I'm in but remember i bring a whole squad of padawan with me having 4 kids. Three out of the four don'nt mind wearing there costumes out so it could be fun!!

18. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    If someone is willing to host an event in their house, then why not? Otherwise, we should pick a local park within the area to meet. I live 1:30 minutes south of Richmond, but that's no big deal for me.

19. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Underpaid you down there in Sadlertown?

20. Underpaid_Soldier

Oct 3, 2003
    Is that an expression, or an actual town? [face_laugh]

I've been living here for 5 years, so I'm still relatively new to the area. I live about 10 miles south of South Hill. Right near the VA/NC border.

21. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Expression, I was talking about Emporia, Many years ago I used to deliver milk and I thought half the town was part of the Sadler family seemed like it anyway, of course now I reckon like alot of other towns it's grown.

22. Underpaid_Soldier

Oct 3, 2003
    I live about 45 minutes west of Emporia actually, right off of I-85. Our area has been growing pretty rapidly, especially in the last 5 years.

23. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I know where you mean and yea, I it has built up so much that I don't always recognize places when I go back to them.

My favorite expression for several years now has been that the farmers finally found a good cash crop with all the houses they are growing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.