main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Ideas for future meetings

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthSkywalker360, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Lasertag Doesn't hurt at all, unless you fall or something like that. That's what my local FF is doing as a going away party for me. With dinner/drinks afterwards, so yay for the double dose of laser gun fun!

2. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Some other things that came up off the top of my head AND I think some of these might have come up in conversation last night after Laserweb. . .

Rollerblading -->at the momement a group of freinds and I are meeting every sunday at WesterRollarama on Crookshank Rd to rollerblade. . unfortunately they close on Sundays after the 9th (so next sunday will be our last day there) but right now we have a feeling of the more the merrier :D

Sci-Fi classic's movie night. --> at this point I'm willing to offer my house/room/apartment thingie for it since I've been doing things along those lines lately. . . just. . some one else would need to bring the movies as . . I don't have many

Since the weather is getting nicer. . .

Head out to a park. . bring some bats/balls. . . play some catch, kickball, pick-up game of basketball, or soccer. ..

We could even do an evening thing at one of the Hamilton County park places. . . get some wood and have a campfire to sit around and just chat. . .

and Maramijade's Favorite Idea :D

Bowling --> Sunday nights at Western Bowl I believe that a game is discounted to either 1.50 or 1.75. . . there's also Billiards and General Custer's Putt Putt is right next door with bumper boats. . .

There's also Glow bowl and things along those lines that comes up from time to time but I don't have much information on them. . .

:: shruggs:: Just thought I'd come up with a couple of low costs ideas. . it was really fun meeting with you guys at the most recent get together and I'd love to be able to hang with you guys again some time!

There's also UC's Anime Club on Friday nights. . nice open place where geeks of all kinds seem to congregate

3. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Actually since the weather is expected to get better soon, I was thinking of some outdoor activities we could partake in. Putt Putt did come to mind, but General Custard's isn't the easiest place to find off of a highway. I was thinking about either the one down in Florence that's by Florence mall or the one in Eastgate that is by Eastgate Mall. Both are easy to find off of a major highway, however only the Eastgate one has go-karts.

All of the other ideas also sound fantastic. Rollerblading is always fun although I haven't done that in years. I have tons of DVDs we could watch and videogames to play if we ever want to do that. Then the park idea is a great outdoor idea where we could do lots of things.

4. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Both are easy to find off of a major highway, however only the Eastgate one has go-karts. Ahh...... I have fond memories of those go-karts and that I always get stuck with the "slow" one!!! :p

I think putt putt is a great idea and bowling sounds fun as well. We look forward to seeing you all at future meetings.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Hi DarthSkywalker360...alot of new faces (well screenames) around here, that's cool! How's things been for you guys down here.

A quick bit of advise (from a former RSA here) like DarthSkywalker360 mentioned...take full advantage of chances to get out with the weather getting nicer and have fun together as a group.

Only your pride when you get tagged by some 12 year old kid. Seriously, lasertag (compared to paintballing) is totally pain free, unless you're playing in costume (which I have)

6. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Reds & Indians games July 1 & 2

7. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    so uh, its that time again. what should we do for the next meeting? putt putt? anyone??? idk.

8. unicornbee

unicornbee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    Putt putt could work.

Or bowling (I think leagues are over)

9. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Putt-putt and/or bowling sound good to me. Wonderful, in fact.

10. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    How About Western Bowl?

just an Idea.

11. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    Western Bowl is awesome. . . . sooo ummm anyone up for a freindly commpetition ;)

12. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    First of all, what and where is Western Bowl? Secondly, I'm game to try most anything at least once. Can I be on your team, marmijade?

13. unicornbee

Nov 2, 2004
    Its in Western Hills, on Glenway Ave

14. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    it's a bowling alley.

I'm free this friday.

15. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    sure Zonoma >:D

Exalted_1, unfortunately, there's Ikasucon meetings this friday that Unicornbee and I both need to be there for.. . Well.. . it's an Ops meeting, Unicornbe HAS to be there and I've gotta drop some stuff off to her...

16. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Friday isn't great for me, either. I am looking into an indoor soccer league tomorrow.

Tonight might be? Would have to make it early for all of you workin' folk, though.

17. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    BOth sound wonderful to me, I haven't done either in ages. Darts works too. Hell, anything to get me out of the house anymore would be good. Just let me know when and where.

18. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    what about saturday?

after 6:00ish?

19. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Details! Pool? Darts? Bowling? Bobbing for apples? Fireworks?

20. unicornbee

Nov 2, 2004
    Cant. Maramijade is being taken canoing by her boyfriend

21. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Husband and I may still go, where is this located?

And the Family Sports Centers here in Florence are both easy to find and have bowling and go karts and $4 putt putt for all day long. Also ball pits inside for restless kiddies.

Z

PS: Wish I was canoing! Lucky lady.:p

22. unicornbee

Nov 2, 2004
    I am going to add the idea of canoing and kaiyacking (sp?) to the idea for future meetings cause it was fun, even though i am burnt.

23. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    I wish I could've gone!

you lucky punk... going canoeing.

:p

24. unicornbee

Nov 2, 2004
    and getting badly burned

25. unicornbee

Nov 2, 2004
    Bowling idea:

Free days would be July 8th and 9th and pretty much anytime after the 17th. Ikasucon is july 14-16 so we are booked solid that weekend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.